Can I use this VG for vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raikoujin

May 15, 2016
Orlando, Florida
Hi there all, just wondering if anyone would know I bought a 60ml bottle of Benjamins VG from a local grocery store and wondering if it is okay to vape. Want to know before I go mixing some juice label say 100% glycerin and that its used to make jams, jellies, cakes and other pastries so is it okay or a no go thanks in advance.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Most people look for the "USP" grade - ensuring it's the cleanest, purest VG, to use for vaping. It's still cheap enough...
I get mine here (or the same brand, on Amazon).
USP is the lowest grade (99.5% pure) i vape.

Kosher us 99.7% pure. I vape that when i can get it.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hi there all, just wondering if anyone would know I bought a 60ml bottle of Benjamins VG from a local grocery store and wondering if it is okay to vape. Want to know before I go mixing some juice label say 100% glycerin and that its used to make jams, jellies, cakes and other pastries so is it okay or a no go thanks in advance.

Hey neighbor! Wanted to point out that CVS has USP VG somewhere near the body lotions. Here's a link to it with a pic so you can find it easily. When I asked at CVS for VG they pointed me to their supplements where they had a really expensive tiny bottle, don't bother with that one. CVS USP Pure Glycerin, 6 OZ - CVS.com

And if you don't mind a bit of a drive, Wizard Labs is in Altamonte Springs. They sell VG, PG, nicotine base in VG and PG And up to 100mg/ml, and they also sell several different brands of concentrated flavorings, along with bottles and syringes. They're about 40 minutes from here and you can pay online and chose local pick up if you want to pick it up at the store and avoid the shipping fee, or free shipping over $75.

I usually get my nic and VG from Wizard Labs, along with some of my flavors. Some of them online like from Bull City Vapor. Feel free to PM me if you need more info!

Reactions: redrebel821

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Another fan here of the USP VG in smaller quantities that you can get from CVS and Walmart to use in a pinch. I've bought the 177mL bottle from Walmart before for $3.68, and it's very good quality.

I'm also a big fan of Wizard Labs and their products. Probably 99% of my flavorings come from them, as well as much of the Nic I use, and some mixing supplies. Love their care taken in packing for shipment and their Customer Service, too. Hard to beat either of those elsewhere! It's probably good that I don't live closer to Altamonte Springs and could do a pick-up though...or my current count of 80+ flavorings would probably skyrocket!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Another fan here of the USP VG in smaller quantities that you can get from CVS and Walmart to use in a pinch. I've bought the 177mL bottle from Walmart before for $3.68, and it's very good quality.

I'm also a big fan of Wizard Labs and their products. Probably 99% of my flavorings come from them, as well as much of the Nic I use, and some mixing supplies. Love their care taken in packing for shipment and their Customer Service, too. Hard to beat either of those elsewhere! It's probably good that I don't live closer to Altamonte Springs and could do a pick-up though...or my current count of 80+ flavorings would probably skyrocket!

USP (United States Pharmaceutical) grade is supposed to be a standardized purity of 99.5% pure.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Does it matter where it is manufactured even though one may be Kosher grade? Also, does any anyone use Organic and could it be ever so slightly better? What about palm derived vs soy derived?
Kosher is a little higher grade than USP. Kosher grade is 99.7% i use Kosher grade when i can get it.

Never food grade.

Reactions: Telmos

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Kosher is a little higher grade than USP. Kosher grade is 99.7% i use Kosher grade when i can get it.

Never food grade.

Kosher means it passed the test of five old Jewish guys for minimum cleanliness and adhesion to Jewish laws. To the best of my knowledge it has no % of purity attached to it and does not necessarily mean that it is any better or more pure than non Kosher. It doesn't hurt to have the rating but it doesn't mean it is any purer.

Something can also be labeled both USP and Food Grade. I'm not even sure exactly what constitutes "Food Grade", other than it is safe for consumption, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is "bad"

Reactions: Telmos

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Bulk Apothecary is where I buy my VG (USP Kosher Grade) for $13.40/gallon, and my PG (USP grade) for $18.52/gallon. Sometimes they have a 16% or 20% off sale on them. When I bought during the 16% off sale, it was $26.81 for 1 gallon of each, plus $12.14 S/H to me here in FL = $38.95 total. Was even less when I got a gallon of each about 2 weeks ago during the 20% off sale.

Telmos

May 11, 2016
Bulk Apothecary is where I buy my VG (USP Kosher Grade) for $13.40/gallon, and my PG (USP grade) for $18.52/gallon. Sometimes they have a 16% or 20% off sale on them. When I bought during the 16% off sale, it was $26.81 for 1 gallon of each, plus $12.14 S/H to me here in FL = $38.95 total. Was even less when I got a gallon of each about 2 weeks ago during the 20% off sale.
Do you know if theirs is from Soy, Palm or Coconut and/or if they share the Material Data Safety Sheet or Certificate of Analysis for it?

EDIT: LOL, Anyone want to split a 45000 lb. Tank Truck ( $0.44 / lb after discount) with me, j/k

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Kosher means it passed the test of five old Jewish guys for minimum cleanliness and adhesion to Jewish laws. To the best of my knowledge it has no % of purity attached to it and does not necessarily mean that it is any better or more pure than non Kosher. It doesn't hurt to have the rating but it doesn't mean it is any purer.

Something can also be labeled both USP and Food Grade. I'm not even sure exactly what constitutes "Food Grade", other than it is safe for consumption, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is "bad"

The Kosher VG i get from Amazon clearly labels it as 99.7% pure

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Both the VG and the PG I received both times from Bulk Apothecary...are actually Nature's Oil brand products. On the Bulk Apothecary website though...it shows a jug with a label (little hard to read since it's so small in the pic) that says Bulk Apothecary on it. However, on the Nature's Oil website, that also sells Bulk Apothecary brand...both of the same, identical 1 gallon jugs (with the same pics shown for them) are considerably more expensive - $20.40 for 1 gallon of the VG, and $27.82 for 1 gallon of the PG. My guess is both Buk Apothecary & Nature's Oil are owned by the same parent company, with 1 catering to more craft-oriented people & the other dealing more with larger quantity bulk purchases to mostly retailers.

Anyway, I know both the VG and the PG are great, as I use them exclusively for my DIY liquids. By the way, the label on the Nature's Oil brand VG I've received both times says: 100% Pure (USP Grade-Kosher) Vegetable Glycerin. Here's a link to it on the Bulk Apothecary website:

Glycerin

Well, based on one of your posts edited info...I see you already found the page. Did you look especially at the section about the Kosher Grade VG...which is about 1/2 way down the page?

I don't know if they'll provide the info. you seek on it. You could always call and ask them about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread