Can it really be this easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimpossible502

Jan 10, 2018
Good morning! I'm new to this forum. Just purchased an e-cig setup last Tuesday, and I haven't even had an urge to smoke a cigarette since. It's been over a week! This is the longest time (outside of pregnancy) that I've been able to stop smoking cigarettes. Is it this easy? Am I done with them? This is the best thing ever!!
I've been aware that I need to stop smoking, but I didn't even plan on quitting. What happened was on NYE, it was very, very cold. Like negative wind chill cold, but I still went outside to smoke all night. When I came back inside one time, I heard a friend comment about how terrible it smelled when people smoked in the cold, like it stuck to them. She wasn't necessarily talking about me, but I felt a tinge of shame knowing it was probably me. I couldn't smell a thing. I realized I haven't been able to smell anything in about two decades. I'm also the last of our friend group who still smoked cigarettes.
I'm so happy I made the decision to go check out what vaping is all about, even it was driven by unintended peer pressure and upon impulse. I love using my Aspire Pocketx. Fill it and fire it. That's all. Nothing fancy. Incredible tasting liquids. Super easy peasy! The gym is getting easier and I think my sense of smell is coming back after just a week!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congrats on "accidentally" switching to vaping, and yes you are lucky some people do indeed find it that easy and quit on their first puff of an e-cig. That was not my experience, but I feel lucky to have transitioned to vaping fully at last.

Congrats, and welcome to ECF. No reason to think it will be harder as you progress, it will probably be easier. Glad you are liking your setup, and welcome.

Anna

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Congratulations and welcome! Yes, it's really this easy. 6 years and counting. Find what works for you and get a few backups. These devices break sometimes. You don't want to undo all the good you've done due to an equipment failure.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
It was almost 5 years ago my wife and I saw someone smoking this silver tube thingy in a parking lot at the harley store then we asked some questions. Thinking back if we never stopped to look at the bikes that day we'd still be smoking. Next day my wife showed up with 2 ego kits and the rest is history.

kimpossible502

Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for the welcome! I'm super happy to be here!! Great advice about a backup device. I'm going to stop in my shop and pick another one up today. It was like $40 without the extra pieces and liquid. My initial purchase was around $90. I used to (that's so awesome to type!! lol!!) smoke American Spirits, so vaping will pay for itself in under two weeks!!

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
My initial purchase was around $90. I used to (that's so awesome to type!! lol!!) smoke American Spirits, so vaping will pay for itself in under two weeks!!

We well overpaid for those 2 ego kits, think they were $150US each but they included 30mls of juice....lolol and the clearos had replaceable heads that started me into rebuilding. Without including the prices of gear that I've bought, with rebuilding the coils and DIY juices my wife and I can vape for less than 20 bucks a month. Its the nicotine thats expensive in Canada, going rate is @150CAD delivered and taxes for a liter of 100mg nic or it be less than 10 a month.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Good morning! I'm new to this forum. Just purchased an e-cig setup last Tuesday, and I haven't even had an urge to smoke a cigarette since. It's been over a week! This is the longest time (outside of pregnancy) that I've been able to stop smoking cigarettes. Is it this easy? Am I done with them? This is the best thing ever!!
I've been aware that I need to stop smoking, but I didn't even plan on quitting. What happened was on NYE, it was very, very cold. Like negative wind chill cold, but I still went outside to smoke all night. When I came back inside one time, I heard a friend comment about how terrible it smelled when people smoked in the cold, like it stuck to them. She wasn't necessarily talking about me, but I felt a tinge of shame knowing it was probably me. I couldn't smell a thing. I realized I haven't been able to smell anything in about two decades. I'm also the last of our friend group who still smoked cigarettes.
I'm so happy I made the decision to go check out what vaping is all about, even it was driven by unintended peer pressure and upon impulse. I love using my Aspire Pocketx. Fill it and fire it. That's all. Nothing fancy. Incredible tasting liquids. Super easy peasy! The gym is getting easier and I think my sense of smell is coming back after just a week!
Yes, it can be that easy! It took me a month of dual use and very high nicotine to drop the cigarettes, but that was over 5 years ago now and I've never looked back!

Welcome to the ecf, not smoking outside and Flavors!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sourmash1973

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Deer Park, TX 77503
It was that easy for me as well. I dropped it and picked up vaping over 4 yrs ago and have never looked back. I did take one drag off of a cigarette about a year ago just to prove to myself why I left it. All it took was that one disgusting drag and that will never happen again.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

Congratulations! And yes it can be that easy!! For me it was 3 days then done with the stinkiest!!! Couldn’t be happier about not smelling disgusting and being healthier!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Right On kimpossible502!

Never get tired of Hearing Stories like Yours.

:thumb:

And BTW. Welcome to the ECF.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf. Congrats....I am so happy you joined us. ECF has the best support and members from all over the world. You will always have members to help find answers to your questions, joke around, or be there if/when you want to rant about something. LOL

I do advise you to drink a little more liquids throughout the day/night. This helps to make vaping a much more pleasurable experience plus helps to flush out all of the toxins those stinkies put into your body. Since vaping does dry out the mucous membranes in our mouths, nose and throat, more drinking of your favorite beverage helps to keep you on balance.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread