Can it really be this easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I got my first 5 1/2 years ago (you always remember your first). A sleek silver cig-sized with a cartomizer. It died after only 6 months use but It is now framed on the wall with my quit date. I got it on a whim, never expecting it to actually work.

For some it is just that easy. I quit right away after 40 years of heavy smoking. My wife kept smoking a few for a couple of weeks.

That sense of smell coming back can be a double edged sword. The world of today doesn't smell like I remember it from 1970. I want to know who's responsible.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Good morning! I'm new to this forum. Just purchased an e-cig setup last Tuesday, and I haven't even had an urge to smoke a cigarette since. It's been over a week! This is the longest time (outside of pregnancy) that I've been able to stop smoking cigarettes. Is it this easy? Am I done with them? This is the best thing ever!!
I've been aware that I need to stop smoking, but I didn't even plan on quitting. What happened was on NYE, it was very, very cold. Like negative wind chill cold, but I still went outside to smoke all night. When I came back inside one time, I heard a friend comment about how terrible it smelled when people smoked in the cold, like it stuck to them. She wasn't necessarily talking about me, but I felt a tinge of shame knowing it was probably me. I couldn't smell a thing. I realized I haven't been able to smell anything in about two decades. I'm also the last of our friend group who still smoked cigarettes.
I'm so happy I made the decision to go check out what vaping is all about, even it was driven by unintended peer pressure and upon impulse. I love using my Aspire Pocketx. Fill it and fire it. That's all. Nothing fancy. Incredible tasting liquids. Super easy peasy! The gym is getting easier and I think my sense of smell is coming back after just a week!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Know how you feel, the problem that kills me is that the politicians who make laws have no clue of what their doing. In my state, they won't even try to understand.
I have enclosed some information which may add to your vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
For some, it is just that easy. A year ago, I bought a little rechargeable Blu e-cig, and dual vaped/smoked for a week. After that week, I bought a Kanger Subvod, and the rest, as they say, is history. Now, I have plenty of mods, make my own coils and juice, and have fun doing it. And this community, and the vape culture at large, is awesome and amazing. And don't hesitate-if you ever have any issues or problems, we are always here to help.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It was that easy for quite a few members of ecf. Then again for some of us, the road has been longer and harder. Count your blessings your experience up till now has been like the first group. I fall in the second category, but on account of vaping and this community, I am now down to 1 or 2 cigs a day - usually 1. And that's after 40+ years of 25-30 per day. Each of us is on a different path, but it is great to hear that you are one of those in the express lane.

kimpossible502

Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm still tobacco-free!! Yay!! On Tuesday, it will be two weeks. I've used about 10 ml of liquid, and I'm excited to go check out another shop for other flavors later today.
My sense of smell is coming back full force. I put on a coat I hadn't worn since I stopped using cigarettes, and I had to take it off. I can't believe I smelled so terrible and nobody told me. I'm now in the process of washing all of my clothes and trying to clean the smell out of my house. I just got a puppy that's near but not quite trained, so I'm cleaning up every minute of the day anyway!
I also haven't told everyone I know that I've stopped smoking. Like I mentioned, I was the last in our group who still used. So far, I've had a few "you smell good" or "did you sage in here" comments! lol!
What's everybody's favorite flavor liquid? I've been using kind of vanilla-y/coffee flavors, but I'm going to check out another shop today. I didn't really love the fruity ones, but I don't tend to like candy fruit flavors. I love grapes but not "purple," for example.
Have a fantastic and vapefull Sunday!

It is most certainly remarkable how easily you can quit the smoke on vape.

Good on you and everyone else that has, like me it's a new leaf in life, tops.

I still look back and wonder how I did it from 2 x packs of Camel a day to Vaping, I hope that others have the same luck and can do it too.

Wish I'd thought of it years ago, would have saved a lot of money and a lot of lung lol

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Good morning! ... Am I done with them? This is the best thing ever!!
I've been aware that I need to stop smoking, but I didn't even plan on quitting. ...
I'm so happy I made the decision to go check out what vaping is all about, even it was driven by unintended peer pressure and upon impulse. I love using my Aspire Pocketx. Fill it and fire it. That's all. Nothing fancy. Incredible tasting liquids. Super easy peasy! The gym is getting easier and I think my sense of smell is coming back after just a week!
Congrats. Awesome. I quit immediately as well many moons ago when I first started vaping. Back then the setups were not that great, low voltage, low vapor etc. Your set-up looks great and satisfying almost akin to smoking. Stick with it and enjoy the benefits.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread