Can someone help me with the math...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
EcigChina.Com,Fuyan,Ruyan,Electronic Cigarette,E-Cigarette,China Wholesale Retail, dropship - Density of Nicotine

Text from link copied below:

"0.1ml e-liquid ≈ 1 Cigarette:
Normally, a cigarette needs to have about 12-15 puffs to finish it, while 0.1 ml of e-liquid needs to have about 12-15 puffs to finish it also, so that 0.1 ml of e-liquid is equivalent to a cigarette normally.
We define the density of nicotine inside E-Liquid as the following:
- for the Extra High density of nicotine, there is 24 mg of nicotine inside the E-Liquid,
- for the High density of nicotine, there is 16 mg of nicotine inside the E-Liquid,
- for the Medium density of nicotine, there is 11 mg nicotine inside the E-Liquid,
- for the Low density of nicotine, there is 6 mg nicotine inside the E-Liquid,
- for the Non density of nicotine, there is no nicotine at all inside the E-Liquid.

Nicotine per puff for Cigarette:
The nicotine in a cigarette is variable from 0.6 mg to 2.4 mg. A cigarette needs to have 15 puffs to finish it normally, so that the nicotine per puff for a cigarette is the followings:
- for the cigarette with 1.0 mg of nicotine: 0.6 / 15 = 0.040 mg/puff,
- for the cigarette with 1.8 mg of nicotine: 2.4 / 15 = 0.160 mg/puff.

Nicotine per puff for 0.1 ml of E-Liquid:
Therefore, according to the nicotine density inside a cigarette, we can have the Equivalent Nicotine Density inside 0.1 ml of E-Liquid with the deferent density of nicotine as the followings:
- for the Extra High density of nicotine: 2.4 / 15 = 0.160 mg/puff,
- for the High density of nicotine: 1.6 / 15 = 0.107 mg/puff,
- for the Medium density of nicotine: 1.1 / 15 = 0.073 mg/puff,
- for the Low density of nicotine: 0.6 / 15 = 0.040 mg/puff,
- for the Non density of nicotine: 0 mg/puff.

There are different capacity of E-Liquid inside of the E-Cartridge for the different E-CIG models, so that the the E-Cartridges are equivalent to the different numbers of cigarettes normally."

This is where I get lost:
- for the cigarette with 1.0 mg of nicotine: 0.6 / 15 = 0.040 mg/puff,
- for the cigarette with 1.8 mg of nicotine: 2.4 / 15 = 0.160 mg/puff.

Why aren't they using 1.0mg instead of 0.6mg and
Same for the 1.8 vs. 2.4

I am so lost...in the math at this step, I don't understand why they are using the numbers that they are using.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Thanks, Kate! I'm glad I'm not nuts. I kept going over and over that part to figure out why they were using those numbers and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. So glad I can fix my printout and have a reference.

BTW. If anyone wants to check their analog cigarette nicotine content out you can go to this website and look your brand up for tar, nicotine, and carbon monoxide content:
Erowid Tobacco Vault : Info on Nicotine Content of Cigarette Brands

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
What this actually says is that if there are 15 puffs in a cig and if there are 15 puffs per 0.1ml of eliquid then 11mg eliquid has the same nicotine content as a 1mg cig.

They haven't listed the nicotine levels of eliquid correctly either, they say 2.4mg when they mean 24mg.

Using 0.1ml as a measurement to compare with a cig is interesting. If there are 20 drops in 1ml that means that 2 drops = 0.1ml. 2 drops per cig.

Not everyone gets 15 puffs from a cig or from 2 drops of eliquid but it's the most logical formula I've seen yet.

New Year quitter

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
What this actually says is that if there are 15 puffs in a cig and if there are 15 puffs per 0.1ml of eliquid then 11mg eliquid has the same nicotine content as a 1mg cig.

They haven't listed the nicotine levels of eliquid correctly either, they say 2.4mg when they mean 24mg.

Using 0.1ml as a measurement to compare with a cig is interesting. If there are 20 drops in 1ml that means that 2 drops = 0.1ml. 2 drops per cig.

Not everyone gets 15 puffs from a cig or from 2 drops of eliquid but it's the most logical formula I've seen yet.

What she said:confused: My maths is execrable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread