Can someone perform an experiment for me???? I'm losing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I noticed the same thing. I don't know why. I still use the MVP for travelling as it is more convenient to "pack" an MVP than a ProVari and all the batteries and chargers. But around town and at home, the ProVari is used most of the time.

Hehe... I remember arguing with you about it:).

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Hehe... I remember arguing with you about it:).

I know....but volts is volts. I still maintain this. There is a physical or psychological reason for being able to notice the difference. Either it's due to the fact that there is an actual difference in maintaining voltage to the coil, or it's a psychological reason in that we assume the ProVari is better so we expect it to be better.

Placebo effect is powerful and can't be denied and as much as we might not want to admit it, we might be being swayed by the fact that we know it's a ProVari. I seriously doubt we can taste a difference of .02 volts.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I know....but volts is volts. I still maintain this. There is a physical or psychological reason for being able to notice the difference. Either it's due to the fact that there is an actual difference in maintaining voltage to the coil, or it's a psychological reason in that we assume the ProVari is better so we expect it to be better.

Placebo effect is powerful and can't be denied and as much as we might not want to admit it, we might be being swayed by the fact that we know it's a ProVari. I seriously doubt we can taste a difference of .02 volts.

I'm pretty certain it's not placebo effect. When I did the blind test, le missus held the mod and all I did was vape on the atty. It was also randomized on her part (the testing wasn't done in a alternating manner. She could go for 3 provari in a row or all MVP in a row.)

Of course being the engineer that I am, it annoys the crap outta me that I can't figure it out

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

I'm the last person you can preach an expense difference with, I don't care what it costs, and I have the most expensive mod on the market and the cheapest among my favorites. But I'm certain that if you hand a Provari and a MVP2 to ANY vaper, they could pick the Provari each time. It's just better, richer, deeper, more flavorful. Maybe it's magic? (hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread