• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Can we trust the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Now THAT'S a Testimony!!!!! :banana:

Yeah...pretty awesome that God meets us where we are :).

I really love that story.... "Honey, you're just high....go to sleep " :laugh:

I had a lot of people say to me .... "oh you'll get over this Jesus Freak thing... it's just a phase"
Yeah ... a phase that lasts for all eternity. :thumbs:

Yep...oh the times we are mocked by family members and friends for our beliefs, yet when tragedy strikes and there is no where else for them to turn, they turn to us to pray for them, which in turn leads them to God. God has done mighty things in the face of "All else fails." Many of those family and friends have come to know God in the past 30 years and I am so grateful that Jesus was so evident in our lives that they were able to find the way, despite the ribbing we recieved from them over the years.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I have tried to read and understand all posts. I'm not sure I'm batting 1,000. However, and it may have already been pointed out, Jesus' words in the N.T. are living words. I also agree that the written Word of God was used in the desert when satan (that little twerp) tempted Jesus. I personally, and I am only speaking for myself.....I believe the words in God's Holy Bible are living words, because they are sharper than any two-edged sword. Now that's pretty sharp, and I'm not about to argue over it because the words reach out of the pages and grab you. You can read the same verse over and over and God will reveal different facets each time.....like a carefully cut diamond. Ya'll know this to be true.

God communicates with His children in different ways. 1) Some communicate by just talking; 2) God can communicate through His Word; 3) God can communicate through other people; 4) God can reveal through prayer. There are so many ways that God communicates with us, and the written Word of God is one of them.

If you wish to investigate a person, or learn more about a person, you read a biography. That is what Christians do with the Bible. The words spoken by Jesus is like an auto-biography. You want to know about God? Read His book. You want to know more about Jesus? Read God's book. You want to learn how to live like Jesus? Read God's book. You want to find out how to live a Christian life? Read God's book. It's all in there. It doesn't make sense, I know. But, the words in the Bible breathe life....they are real.....they are alive. And you will experience this once you become a Christian, like someone has already said. Do you want to know if I believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God? You bet your bippy I do, and I would NEVER be dumb enough to turn around to God and say....."Your Book isn't truth." And I wouldn't stand near someone who said that. Remember Anannias? Zap! Dead! I'm crazy, I'm not stupid!:?:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
After reading your post L something else 'did' occur to me about the Bible and the 'word'.

People are always requiring 'proof' that there's a God... the Bible (primarily because of it's History and fulfilled prophecies) is my only 'proof' as I can't 'show' people my relationship. So many People want 'proof' and it's a reasonable request altho' it wasn't required for me as I heard and received the word at such a young age. Never questioned there was a God... never required proof He existed or was real because I 'felt' it/experienced Him. I know this isn't the case for everyone and another reason I think it's important to get the young ones into Church and into a relationship with Christ fast as you can! ;)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
After reading your post L something else 'did' occur to me about the Bible and the 'word'.

People are always requiring 'proof' that there's a God... the Bible (primarily because of it's History and fulfilled prophecies) is my only 'proof' as I can't 'show' people my relationship. So many People want 'proof' and it's a reasonable request altho' it wasn't required for me as I heard and received the word at such a young age. Never questioned there was a God... never required proof He existed or was real because I 'felt' it/experienced Him. I know this isn't the case for everyone and another reason I think it's important to get the young ones into Church and into a relationship with Christ fast as you can! ;)

I so totally agree, E!!!!!! The Bible is our proof. If you can't get someone to see that, then witnessing is futile. Again, we have to rely on the Holy Spirit for direction, for without His guidance and prodding, your witness words fall on deaf ears. However, I believe example comes into play here. I've heard it said, "Your example may be the only Bible people ever read." The Word never returns null and void. I'm mostly a seed planter. I've reaped a small amount, but I throw those seeds everywhere I go:angel:!

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Faith comes by hearing the word, but not to all who hear it.
Faith rarely springs up at 1st hearing, though it can happen.
A little seed planted, a little God, a little watering, a little God.. a response... All God.

I think that a combination of the hearing of the word combined with the work of the Holy spirit drawing us, but there is an unknown (to me) factor. I have to believe that all are drawn. God is not a respecter of men, and He wishes none to perish. I can't figure out why one person and not the other. He is blessing all equally, the rain, the sun, the nourishment, but ultimately only that which bears fruit is picked. Many are called but few are chosen.

There is free will involved. I know it makes sense to God, and if we were to be privy to His methods and the whole reality of it then we would be in awe. But from this side of Heaven, I cannot change my friends heart, I can only speak truth to him. We cannot force anyone to receive Christ, just as the Father will not force anyone to come, because it is a matter of the heart, not merely a verbal confession.

Ultimately I am left feeling so utterly insignificant and unable to do much at all to further God's kingdom. But then the Spirit says, "Some will listen. Some will come. You must plant where you cannot harvest and harvest where you did not plant. You must trust Jesus that He will not lose one of all of those that the Father has given to Him from before time and He is faithful to return them to the Father intact, but changed. Speak truth, speak life, love the unlovable, help the helpless."

So with the thought of the story of "Johnny Appleseed" in mind, and the faith that not all of the seeds that are planted will fail to grow, and the lack of knowledge of who it is that God is working on around me, I must give freely knowing it will not return void. Love selflessly, spend effort to help, be kind, be compassionate. Care about bout the lost and the saved.

Sometimes I just feel like a little lost kid with a bag of questionable seeds, and sometimes God shows me great trees in full bloom, bursting with fruit. Since in this arrangement we don't know who, we must attempt to share in some way with all.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
A little seed planted, a little God, a little watering, a little God.. a response... All God.

I think that a combination of the hearing of the word combined with the work of the Holy spirit drawing us, but there is an unknown (to me) factor. I have to believe that all are drawn. God is not a respecter of men, and He wishes none to perish. I can't figure out why one person and not the other. He is blessing all equally, the rain, the sun, the nourishment, but ultimately only that which bears fruit is picked. Many are called but few are chosen.

There is free will involved. I know it makes sense to God, and if we were to be privy to His methods and the whole reality of it then we would be in awe. But from this side of Heaven, I cannot change my friends heart, I can only speak truth to him. We cannot force anyone to receive Christ, just as the Father will not force anyone to come, because it is a matter of the heart, not merely a verbal confession.

Ultimately I am left feeling so utterly insignificant and unable to do much at all to further God's kingdom. But then the Spirit says, "Some will listen. Some will come. You must plant where you cannot harvest and harvest where you did not plant. You must trust Jesus that He will not lose one of all of those that the Father has given to Him from before time and He is faithful to return them to the Father intact, but changed. Speak truth, speak life, love the unlovable, help the helpless."

So with the thought of the story of "Johnny Appleseed" in mind, and the faith that not all of the seeds that are planted will fail to grow, and the lack of knowledge of who it is that God is working on around me, I must give freely knowing it will not return void. Love selflessly, spend effort to help, be kind, be compassionate. Care about bout the lost and the saved.

Sometimes I just feel like a little lost kid with a bag of questionable seeds, and sometimes God shows me great trees in full bloom, bursting with fruit. Since in this arrangement we don't know who, we must attempt to share in some way with all.

Wow e... you so super blessed me with this. (These are not tears, my eyes just leak every now and then.. lol)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
EH, you broke me out in Glory Bumps. That only happens when I hear God through someone. I'm right there with E on this. You spoke God's truth, and I also heard God's heartbreak and felt it through your words. God knows the ultimate rejection. I don't know how He handles it.

Most of us don't like rejection......I don't do well in that department and that is why I would not be in sales. I'm one of those, "You don't want to buy this, do you." Then, walk out the door. You are right.....we have to try and leave the rest up to God. A kind word, a thoughtful gesture, a smile, a compliment. I'm not out 'fighting the dragon' as my mom used to call it. I've watch QVC from time to time and the 'happy happy frame of mind' these hosts have to be in.....I just couldn't do it. It would be like: "You want to buy this necklace? Well, turn off your tv, then!" I don't think I'd have a job for long.....I might last 30 minutes!

We gotta try. Maybe that should be our new slogan. We Gotta Try!

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009

That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread