The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can you say "bling bling"?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by FRESH x913x, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Pictures please! How do I make a Nicostick light up! LOL

Where is that bedazzler?

2. shivadance

shivadance Super Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Nebraska, USA

Ummm, and now I hear it in my head. Thanks. :p

3. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry everyone ...I inquired about these months ago and was told they were no longer available...:nah:

4. Meltbanana

Meltbanana Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Hmmm, I like this. One thing that has always bothered me is the caps on PV's that aren't even trying to look like an analog. I can understand the ash type caps on the tan/white PV's with a red led, but on a silver PV with a blue led what's the point? I'd rather have flat plastic than a silly ash replica cap.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Floss Angeles
    QUESTION:

I noticed there is a little hole in the LED cap. Does this allow for air flow, or just a method to remove the cap? If I glue some rhinestones to the end of my cig, there will be no airflow. Is it necessary for the battery cap to have any airflow?

6. Keldug

Keldug Full Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Florida
    good question,inquiring minds wanna know.....and good idea about DIY diamonds!

7. FRESH x913x

FRESH x913x Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Canon city, CO
    the little hole is to get the cap removed. no airflow through the end is needed!

8. framitz

framitz Moved On

May 24, 2009
    RSM, CA
    The hole is needed for the auto switch to work. You can also adjust the size of the hole to suit your needs. I had a 901 battery where the holes were plugged up with glue, removed it and cleared the holes. It made a MAJOR difference. It went from straining to get a hit to an easy vapor rich hit.

If you glue something over the end you should cut some very small notches on the underside so air can get in. You might be able to file a tiny notch in the edge of the metal, just be very careful of damaging the led or it's tiny board.

Opinions on this will vary, this is from my personal experience.

9. Joe Joe

May 30, 2009
    Floss Angeles
    I went to the hobby store and could only find the flat back rhinestones with the silver back. They were not transparent unless I somehow find a way to remove the silver coating on the bottom. Are these the rhinestones you found? If not, can you send me a picture of the ones you found?

Mine are called "Jewelry Essentials" in a pink pack. (cute, huh!)

In addition to the air flow question, I guess this company makes "sew on" rhinestones that have holes in them already (for sewing onto clothes). I suppose you could buy those rhinestones and just be careful not to glue up all the holes.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your reply. Would love to see a pic of your blinged out cig mang.

10. rfun6

rfun6 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2009
    Tennessee ....
    If someone figures out how to do it, and finds the right stones, maybe they can make a video for us to watch and learn. I think it looks neat.

11. Joe Joe

May 30, 2009
    Floss Angeles
    pleaaaaaaaaaase! :d

12. brialeeanna20

brialeeanna20 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2009
    texas, USA
    i will go back to store and find what brand i got , they came in about 8 diffrent sizes in the pack and were flat i just hot glued it into my 801 and never had any problem getting it to drag too hard

13. Joe Joe

May 30, 2009
    Floss Angeles
    and it fit perfectly? the ones we found had some overlap. :(

thanks brialeeanna20! Good looking out!

14. renderwerks

renderwerks Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2009
    SoCal - The IE
    Looks cool - add some etching to the body of the battery too...

15. Joe Joe

May 30, 2009
    Floss Angeles
    We got carried away:

[​IMG]

16. Keldug

Keldug Full Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Florida
    ooooooooooh,shiney! lol I like the purple :)

17. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    You need to post this over in cosmetic mods! They don't have many threads. I can't wait to see what size 'diamonds" were used.
    Those pics were amazing!!
    Oh almost forgot..does the end light up".

18. Joe Joe

May 30, 2009
    Floss Angeles
    If you're talking about the pic I posted, yes, the end does light up. We were very surprised. We will be designing many more and we'll post the designs. I think white will look a lot better with the bling, but we don't have any white PVs. Gunna have to go and buy more. shesh

19. angelique510

angelique510 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I LOVE IT!!!!!

If I say "pretty please with a cherry on top??" will you make one for me? Of course I must have a pink LED.
    ~A

20. Luv2CUSmile

Luv2CUSmile Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2009
    NC
    Very Nice!
    For the poster who mentioned the pack w/ silver on th eback side- You can fileit off w/ a very fine sandpaper or emery board- BUT in th ejewelry section just buy the swarvoski crystals- they are all clear all the way through and actually crystal! I am going to pull out my stash! Wheee! A Craft!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.