Can you say "bling bling"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meltbanana

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.youtube.com
Hmmm, I like this. One thing that has always bothered me is the caps on PV's that aren't even trying to look like an analog. I can understand the ash type caps on the tan/white PV's with a red led, but on a silver PV with a blue led what's the point? I'd rather have flat plastic than a silly ash replica cap.

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
QUESTION:

I noticed there is a little hole in the LED cap. Does this allow for air flow, or just a method to remove the cap? If I glue some rhinestones to the end of my cig, there will be no airflow. Is it necessary for the battery cap to have any airflow?
The hole is needed for the auto switch to work. You can also adjust the size of the hole to suit your needs. I had a 901 battery where the holes were plugged up with glue, removed it and cleared the holes. It made a MAJOR difference. It went from straining to get a hit to an easy vapor rich hit.

If you glue something over the end you should cut some very small notches on the underside so air can get in. You might be able to file a tiny notch in the edge of the metal, just be very careful of damaging the led or it's tiny board.

Opinions on this will vary, this is from my personal experience.

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
i made my own aout of my 801. Just poped the gray led cover off and went to Hobby Lobby and found a pack of diffrent size diamonds and hot glued it on. Looks really neat becouse it sill lights up!!!!!

I went to the hobby store and could only find the flat back rhinestones with the silver back. They were not transparent unless I somehow find a way to remove the silver coating on the bottom. Are these the rhinestones you found? If not, can you send me a picture of the ones you found?

Mine are called "Jewelry Essentials" in a pink pack. (cute, huh!)

In addition to the air flow question, I guess this company makes "sew on" rhinestones that have holes in them already (for sewing onto clothes). I suppose you could buy those rhinestones and just be careful not to glue up all the holes.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your reply. Would love to see a pic of your blinged out cig mang.

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
i will go back to store and find what brand i got , they came in about 8 diffrent sizes in the pack and were flat i just hot glued it into my 801 and never had any problem getting it to drag too hard

and it fit perfectly? the ones we found had some overlap. :(

thanks brialeeanna20! Good looking out!

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
We got carried away:

joe-joe-albums-bling-picture1607-magicdonjuan.jpg

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
does the end light up".

If you're talking about the pic I posted, yes, the end does light up. We were very surprised. We will be designing many more and we'll post the designs. I think white will look a lot better with the bling, but we don't have any white PVs. Gunna have to go and buy more. shesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread