Can you use NicBase like a NicShot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWasHere

Apr 15, 2019
Hey guys, hope them clouds are going strong!
So I have a question that I can't seem to find anyone asking: can you use NicBase as NicShot, and how?
I live in the EU, so i can not get 100ml or 50ml juices with nicotine, so they give us these nicshots to use with commercial e liquids. But in Portugal they are about 5 euros for 10ml...thats insane!

So i was thinking: can i buy a nic base (70/30 vgpg) and use it instead of the nicshots? If so, do i just measure 10ml and add that to my juices?

Any advice from you diy dudes and dudettes is apreciated! The brands of the nicshots and the nicbases we can get here in Portugal are from Chemnovatic btw.

• Useful
Reactions: mac-nutty

AlexWasHere

Apr 15, 2019
Absolutely, that’s all a nic shot is, it’s just pre measured and marked (way) up.

You can use DIY E-liquid | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators to figure out how much to use which will depend on the strength of your nic base.
Thank you for the awesome reply! I willbuy one then, thank you, although i cant seem to read the strength level anywere on the shops website or manufacturer website... Maybe Ill just buy one and see for myself!

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Thank you for the awesome reply! I willbuy one then, thank you, although i cant seem to read the strength level anywere on the shops website or manufacturer website... Maybe Ill just buy one and see for myself!

When you say you can’t read the strength level, are you talking about the nic base? Only mix with it if you know the nic level. The difference between 50, 70 or 100 mg/ml can make a big difference in your final mix. Just trying it and seeing could lead to bad results.

Reactions: AlexWasHere

AlexWasHere

Apr 15, 2019
When you say you can’t read the strength level, are you talking about the nic base? Only mix with it if you know the nic level. The difference between 50, 70 or 100 mg/ml can make a big difference in your final mix. Just trying it and seeing could lead to bad results.

This is an example of what I can buy where I live. But in the product description there isn't any mention of the strength. Yes i believe it can lead to very bad results!

Attachments

• novo_ml.jpg
    novo_ml.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 36

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
This is an example of what I can buy where I live. But in the product description there isn't any mention of the strength. Yes i believe it can lead to very bad results!

Never mind... Just realized Optima-0 means 0 per ml... Im dumb. Guess I'llhave to order it online as I suspected.

If the one in the picture is what you can buy locally it does have nic, but definitely not enough to be dangerous to you. If anything it isn’t going to do much at all. It’s a .3 solution aka 3 mg/ml. If you use it at 30% you end up with a 1mg/ml mix, give or take.

The bottom line is what you’re looking for...

869DEE3F-3903-43EE-A294-8806A4E5EA9E.jpeg

I’ve never used “nic shots” but in looking online it seems most are between 18-36 mg/ml, this translates to a 1.8-3.6% solution. What nic level are you looking for in your finished juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread