Need help in DIY my eliquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Hi guys. I am from India
Could you kindly spare your expert views on my query especially the DIYers

Yesterday i purchased 100ml uflavoured eliquid which contains 70vg/30pg 6mg. And also i purchased French Vanilla and TFA Caramel (Original) concentrates

Yesterday i purchased the below items

100ml 70vg/30pg 6mg uflavoured eliquid
French Vanilla - (Flavouring)
TFA Caramel (Original) - (Flavouring)

Can you please help me how i can mix them and make a delicious ejiuce out of it.

i am a newbie with no idea on diy so please help me on the details. An also i have no measuring tools to measure anything, was thinking to buy after i get success on the above materials

Thanks

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Some DIYers used a method of mixing juice years ago by calculating 20 to 25 drops per milliliter in the recipe. After the drop method, DIYers moved to mixing by volume, and now the current trend is to measure by weight. The issue you present is mixing without any measuring tools, so the most repeatable method you can use at this point is the drop method. It is a tedious way to DIY, but I did it when I first started years ago.

Additionally, you didn't post which brand of French Vanilla you purchased, so it would be difficult to recommend a starting percentage for that flavouring.

My experience with TFA Caramel is limited, only using it at low percentages when mixed with several other flavours.

While the drop method can be inaccurate and difficult to repeat, there is a useful old thread that aims to quantify the drop method somewhat. It could be useful for you until you buy some measuring gear. Using drops alone to measure/mix, not very accurate.

I recommend purchasing a scale that indicates a thousandth of a gram if you can find one in India. It will serve you well in mixing juices.

Mixing By Weight: Basics 101

Good luck :)

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well if you are looking to vape approximately 6 m.g. nicotine, I guess a quick and dirty method would be to add the flavorings at an estimated percentage and go lower than 6 m.g. nic depending on how much you use.

I absolutely do not recommend this method, but given the supplies you have, it's sort of your only option. I might go with powdered one-shot concentrates for this method, if you are able to obtain them.

Otherwise (I am assuming you want a caramel/vanilla type vape) just use your flavorings and let them steep for a time. I would stay below about 8%-10% total flavorings but again, without some type of measuring equipment, you will be guessing at best.

I'd really recommend checking out the DIY forum and some juice calculators. If you don't want/need a lot of measuring equipment measuring by weight should work. The problem is (my guess) that you've probably gotten what you want as far as PG/VG ratio and nic, since you bought it that way, but without measuring equipment, more nic, more PG/VG to get the ratio you want with flavorings added you are going to be doing a rather wild and amazing DIY "event" without the ability to replicate it and/or really get what you are aiming for. If you can afford a decent scale and a bit more DIY "stuff" I'd recommend that route, honestly.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
i am a newbie with no idea on diy so please help me on the details.
In my opinion, DIY is the most challenging aspect of vaping. I will assume you have settled down and know exactly the type of ADV equipment your going to use and the best method of vaping (this normally takes 6 months of vaping for most). If you have not solidified your ADV, DIY will be extremely difficult to master.
The number one rule:Before you place your first DIY flavor order, you might want to order only those flavors you will need to make 3 or more recipes. Order all the flavors for those recipes. Very few (2-3 flavors out of a 50 or more can be satisfying as single one flavor mix) flavors can standalone.
For "no idea" about DIY, might like to read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45.130984/
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes by Scottes777 • r/electronic_cigarette
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...es-and-safety-for-the-first-time-juicer.5096/

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Hi guys. I am from India
Could you kindly spare your expert views on my query especially the DIYers

Yesterday i purchased 100ml uflavoured eliquid which contains 70vg/30pg 6mg. And also i purchased French Vanilla and TFA Caramel (Original) concentrates

Yesterday i purchased the below items

100ml 70vg/30pg 6mg uflavoured eliquid
French Vanilla - (Flavouring)
TFA Caramel (Original) - (Flavouring)

Can you please help me how i can mix them and make a delicious ejiuce out of it.

i am a newbie with no idea on diy so please help me on the details. An also i have no measuring tools to measure anything, was thinking to buy after i get success on the above materials

Thanks

Some DIYers used a method of mixing juice years ago by calculating 20 to 25 drops per milliliter in the recipe. After the drop method, DIYers moved to mixing by volume, and now the current trend is to measure by weight. The issue you present is mixing without any measuring tools, so the most repeatable method you can use at this point is the drop method. It is a tedious way to DIY, but I did it when I first started years ago.

Additionally, you didn't post which brand of French Vanilla you purchased, so it would be difficult to recommend a starting percentage for that flavouring.

My experience with TFA Caramel is limited, only using it at low percentages when mixed with several other flavours.

While the drop method can be inaccurate and difficult to repeat, there is a useful old thread that aims to quantify the drop method somewhat. It could be useful for you until you buy some measuring gear. Using drops alone to measure/mix, not very accurate.

I recommend purchasing a scale that indicates a thousandth of a gram if you can find one in India. It will serve you well in mixing juices.

Mixing By Weight: Basics 101

Good luck :)

Thanks for your response.
I have TFA French Vanilla. And i think i will start today with a 10ml or 30ml bottle with a drop method. But my main concern is, can i vape it right after mixing or need to steep it 1st.

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Well if you are looking to vape approximately 6 m.g. nicotine, I guess a quick and dirty method would be to add the flavorings at an estimated percentage and go lower than 6 m.g. nic depending on how much you use.

I absolutely do not recommend this method, but given the supplies you have, it's sort of your only option. I might go with powdered one-shot concentrates for this method, if you are able to obtain them.

Otherwise (I am assuming you want a caramel/vanilla type vape) just use your flavorings and let them steep for a time. I would stay below about 8%-10% total flavorings but again, without some type of measuring equipment, you will be guessing at best.

I'd really recommend checking out the DIY forum and some juice calculators. If you don't want/need a lot of measuring equipment measuring by weight should work. The problem is (my guess) that you've probably gotten what you want as far as PG/VG ratio and nic, since you bought it that way, but without measuring equipment, more nic, more PG/VG to get the ratio you want with flavorings added you are going to be doing a rather wild and amazing DIY "event" without the ability to replicate it and/or really get what you are aiming for. If you can afford a decent scale and a bit more DIY "stuff" I'd recommend that route, honestly.

Anna

Hi Anna
how are you?
I remember you helped me a lot when i started vaping on box mod.

I will buy a measuring tool soon but 1st in need to try it manually.

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
In my opinion, DIY is the most challenging aspect of vaping. I will assume you have settled down and know exactly the type of ADV equipment your going to use and the best method of vaping (this normally takes 6 months of vaping for most). If you have not solidified your ADV, DIY will be extremely difficult to master.
The number one rule:Before you place your first DIY flavor order, you might want to order only those flavors you will need to make 3 or more recipes. Order all the flavors for those recipes. Very few (2-3 flavors out of a 50 or more can be satisfying as single one flavor mix) flavors can standalone.
For "no idea" about DIY, might like to read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45.130984/
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes by Scottes777 • r/electronic_cigarette
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...es-and-safety-for-the-first-time-juicer.5096/

Sure i will go through this links

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
As Stoneface suggested use the drop method, here is what I would do since you have 10ml and 30 ml bottles. In a 10ml drop bottle fill it 70% French vanilla and 30% Carmel, take your 30ml bottle and fill it about 70% with your unflavored 6%. This will be close to .75oz or 22ml and you want to start at 10% flavor so you need 2.2 ml my guess that would be 44 drops from your 10ml bottle, add that to your 30ml and give it a shake and try.

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
As Stoneface suggested use the drop method, here is what I would do since you have 10ml and 30 ml bottles. In a 10ml drop bottle fill it 70% French vanilla and 30% Carmel, take your 30ml bottle and fill it about 70% with your unflavored 6%. This will be close to .75oz or 22ml and you want to start at 10% flavor so you need 2.2 ml my guess that would be 44 drops from your 10ml bottle, add that to your 30ml and give it a shake and try.

Thank you so much Rob
Your detail is really helpful. I will try it today once I finish my work at office

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Thanks for your response.
I have TFA French Vanilla. And i think i will start today with a 10ml or 30ml bottle with a drop method. But my main concern is, can i vape it right after mixing or need to steep it 1st.
@rob33 did the math that I couldn't manage to do for you :) I would say that you can mix, shake, and try your juice, but in my experience both flavors you are using require steeping. If you don't like it immediately, I would recommend letting it steep for a couple of days and trying it again. For me, both vanilla and caramel usually need time to develop.

Good Luck :)

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Actually most flavorings are closer to 45 drops per ml, some are over 50, but then those saying 20-25 also usually say use a lot of flavoring. I'd start by making a bottle of vanilla juice and one of caramel, you can see what you think of each flavor or mix them freely in the tank or whatever once they're in ejuice form. It would be best to find a big syringe or a little measuring cup or something for the base; I presume the flavorings are in dropper bottles.

Shake the base well before using. Don't try to mix more than 25 ml in a 30 ml so you can shake it. For now you could try 2/3 a bottle of base (20 ml in a 30 bottle). If you like strongly flavored liquids, try 10% first, but DIY stuff is less nuanced and is better lighter usually so I'd say try 5% and I actually use less. High total flavorings usually don't exceed 10% of any one flavor and often include some weak flavors.

Shake and vape doesn't necessarily a minute after you shake it well, allow at least 20 minutes for the initial mix bubbles to rise out. Substantial changes can occur within the first hours or couple days. Further steeping/aging can be minor or significant and may be perceived as an improvement or loss.

The possible option with what you have there are few. It should be good, "delicious" depends on what you got exactly, what you like and what you expect. I would guess the 2 best combinations are something like 1% + 5% and vice versa, not 50/50 of both flavors. Caramel can be hard to taste standalone and very strong in complex mixes.

If you have other ejuices you can use them for nuance flavoring. For example 3% caramel flavoring and 3% of strong tobacco eliquid to add a mysterious flavor note. Or a background fruit but that would take more. With experimenting that amount of base will suddenly seem much smaller however.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Nisith - Last June-Aug. I helped another ECF member who is located in India...get started with DIY. There are several vendors in India where you can get the name brand flavorings, PG, VG, and nic base fairly inexpensively. Some others were way too expensive in comparison. You can also buy syringes (without needles) from some of them, to measure by volume, and/or just get 1-2 from a local pharmacy or animal/pet supply store...so you can give the volume method a try. He ordered several sizes of syringes and blunt needle tips to go on them from FastTech though (for very little $$), since he was sure he wanted to measure by volume.

Since you don't have syringes though, the drop method explained so well above by several members should be fine for now though.

Last edited:

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
    Actually most flavorings are closer to 45 drops per ml, some are over 50, but then those saying 20-25 also usually say use a lot of flavoring. I'd start by making a bottle of vanilla juice and one of caramel, you can see what you think of each flavor or mix them freely in the tank or whatever once they're in ejuice form. It would be best to find a big syringe or a little measuring cup or something for the base; I presume the flavorings are in dropper bottles.

Shake the base well before using. Don't try to mix more than 25 ml in a 30 ml so you can shake it. For now you could try 2/3 a bottle of base (20 ml in a 30 bottle). If you like strongly flavored liquids, try 10% first, but DIY stuff is less nuanced and is better lighter usually so I'd say try 5% and I actually use less. High total flavorings usually don't exceed 10% of any one flavor and often include some weak flavors.

Shake and vape doesn't necessarily a minute after you shake it well, allow at least 20 minutes for the initial mix bubbles to rise out. Substantial changes can occur within the first hours or couple days. Further steeping/aging can be minor or significant and may be perceived as an improvement or loss.

The possible option with what you have there are few. It should be good, "delicious" depends on what you got exactly, what you like and what you expect. I would guess the 2 best combinations are something like 1% + 5% and vice versa, not 50/50 of both flavors. Caramel can be hard to taste standalone and very strong in complex mixes.

If you have other ejuices you can use them for nuance flavoring. For example 3% caramel flavoring and 3% of strong tobacco eliquid to add a mysterious flavor note. Or a background fruit but that would take more. With experimenting that amount of base will suddenly seem much smaller however.

Actually i bought 3 syringes. 1 for my eliquid calculations and other 2 for my flavourings. I did exactly what rob33 told me to and let it steep for 30 mins and next step was hard shaking. You will surely laugh what method i used for shaking. As i use to run in a treadmill for 40 mins so while running on a treadmill i was shacking the ejucie too for 20 mins. After that i let it sit for next 15mins. Then the next step was vaping, so i vaped it on my RTA first and the liquid was fine but i do noticed the caramel hint a lot

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
    @Nisith - Last June-Aug. I helped another ECF member who is located in India...get started with DIY. There are several vendors in India where you can get the name brand flavorings, PG, VG, and nic base fairly inexpensively. Some others were way too expensive in comparison. You can also buy syringes (without needles) from some of them, to measure by volume, and/or just get 1-2 from a local pharmacy or animal/pet supply store...so you can give the volume method a try. He ordered several sizes of syringes and blunt needle tips to go on them from FastTech though (for very little $$), since he was sure he wanted to measure by volume.

Since you don't have syringes though, the drop method explained so well above by several members should be fine for now though.
    Yeah i bought syringe from my local pharmacy and finished the mixing. It was quite ok, but on my next task i will reduce the quantity of caramel. And once everything runs fine, i will start with vg pg mixing

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread