• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Post no longer allowing tracking of US and International packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Anyone else having issues with tracking numbers using Canada Post's website? We used to be able to enter the customs number and see tracking info (once in Canada).

Just recently though, I have tried 6 different tracking numbers, and all don't work. All it says is either contact for more information, or for the ones that show anything at all, it says tracking is not offered, but shows as Xpresspost.

Stupid CP... :mad:

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
I recently sent a priority international package to Canada and could not get any info at all. It took 23 days to arrive which seems unfriggenreal. We're not talking some 3rd world boondock country out in the middle of nowhere. I paid over $11 and could not track...at all. You have to pay over $20 for a chance to track anything it seems.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Honestly, I don't know what's going on but it's really ticking me off. In the US, when you ship to Canada via First Class or Priority, they tell you there's no tracking number. But when I lived in California, I shipped a bunch of stuff over a period of about a year, and always provided the 'customs' number, because it actually did show tracking information once the package reached Canada. Same thing when I moved back and order stuff from the US; I always ask for the number.

Up until a few weeks ago I could get tracking using that number, but 5 of my packages all coming from the US just don't work.

These are the updated messages I see right now:

"We could not find this Tracking Number in our system. You can Edit this Tracking Number or Request Delivery Updates By Email ." Service type: N/A (these were shipped via First class)

"There is no information available for this item. Tracking by Canada Post is not a feature for this product." Service type: Xpresspost (these were shipped via Priority)

I should at least have tracking from the Xpresspost ones!!

Either they're up to no good, or this is just some real bad luck. I hate not being able to track my packages since I not only don't know when to expect delivery, I won't even know if something's been held up in customs!

Really aggravating.

Last edited:

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I recently had a good supplier email me worried that my package had disappeared because he was unable to track it. I also tried to track it with no luck that was a Friday. On the next Monday my package arrived with same tracking number I was trying on the package don't know why it's just a crapshoot seen issues with Canada post and USPS. Yet I've been tracking a package from china thru Canada post so who's knows.

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
China Airmail seems to be a giant void; I have some junk coming from DealExtreme (batteries and a laser pointer) that has just said "departure from outward office of exchange" for days and days. I'm assuming it's in a sea can sitting on some dock on that side of the ocean still. The site they gave me for tracking was http://intmail.183.com.cn - my two tracking numbers start with RA if that helps you any.

ElProximo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Alberta
Never had a problem in the past year other than they can take a while to update.

Last purchase was in tracking though delayed due to 'unforeseen transportation problems' or something. But it did track it.

Last order from China EMS (and usually they track just fine) is now... well nowhere to be seen. It should be showing up on Canada Post Tracking but nothing yet.

Now, could be they are just behind on updates and the package wouldn't be more than 4 days since shipped so not panicking yet.

Will update if any tracking shows up at Canada Post's site

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
Have you tried tracking the EMS one from the EMS end of things? EMS Sometimes Canada Post doesn't hear about the package until it arrives in Canada and gets scanned in, sometimes they know that one is coming.

Out of the last 15 e-cig/eBay purchases, I've had USPS tracking work only once - I think their system is just plain hooped.

Order of 100mg/ml base came through no sweat, tracked the whole way & passed Customs after a 28 hour wait. As long as NFN and HappyVaper still are allowed to sell hardware, I'm set for the next three years easy :D

Hope your package arrives quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread