• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Problems with Canada Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaconda

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Freddy Beach, NB, Canada
I personally have had many issues with CP... They often dont even leave a friggin card. Luckily the depot is just around the corner, but if it says out for delivery, leave the damn card at least. I have to track them or I wouldn't even know they came.

FedEx... they suck... terrible delivery hours in my area, and always seem to tack on a fee of sorts, and good luck disputing it...

UPS / Purolator. The delivery guy and I are on first name basis. He's great, always polite, and never just drops off a card. I'm not looking forward to his retirement, but after 30 years of deliveries, he deserves it. :)

Ms. Creant

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
The higher level of service which includes brokerage is near double the price to the shipper south of border.

There was an occasion where I had to ship something from the US to my company back home. It was cheaper for me to pay "Standard Ground" paying their brokerage fee in Canada than it was to select the "Express Saver" next up service.

UPS is great when you are shipping something of high value that must get there, I used them all the time for business to business . However if I am ordering something personal up from the US valued under $500, I dread it being sent UPS.

Oh yes, no doubt it costs more but in the times I've used it I've calculated the extra shipping cost for worldwide saver to actually cost less than if I were to play Russian Roulette with UPS' extra charge scheme and hope for the best and the package is always here in no more than 3 days and often, if ordered early enough in the day, it is here next day. Sometimes it's just worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread