Can't get nemesis to fire - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Received my neme clone the other day, only got to "play" with it yesterday. I watched many videos, took it apart, put it back together endless times. Battery is fully charged (Efest 30A IMR18650), works fine in my Zmax. Kick ring off, adjusted 510 pin and spring screw. Got it to fire a few times then it quit again. Today I received magnets (fasttech) so thought I would try them. Put 2 together in the bottom, one on top. Reassembled everything (man is that little pin a PIT rear end!), nothing. My Igo-L I am trying to fire reads fine on my ohm meter (and my MVP, 1.5 ohm). Nothing. I put the spring back in and, well, nothing.

Any suggestions, advice, reference to videos to watch, anything!!! is greatly appreciated. I am not looking to sub ohm or anything, just want a mech to play with and learn and getting very frustrated. :-x

Thanks in advance! I won't be back online til morning, so if I don't respond tonight does not mean I am not grateful for any assistance offered. Hopefully someone can help me. I KNOW it is a user error; it's my first mechanical.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
It sounds like the firing button is unscrewing itself after hitting the fire buttons a few times.
I assume you got the 510 screwed tight hitting the your atty..so examine the firing button, when you press it does the negative connector go up above the delrin ring?..it might need be adjusted up more. ...I assume also you didn't lose the rice pin that was part of the switch also...

I know some vendors sell longer contact pins for 510 and firing button for Nemesis.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Did you take the narrow polished beauty ring out? As nice of an accent as it is, I've yet to find a configuration where it's needed and I've tried them all. If they put it on top, you may not even realize that it's there, and sometimes they can be a pain to unscrew. The bottom screw in the switch should always be kept tight and periodically checked to make sure it stays so.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Nemesis Main tube - 18350
Short tube - 18490/18500 or kick and 18350
Long tube - with main tube 18650 or 18490/18500 and kick
Main tube/Long tube/short tube - 18650 and kick
Kick ring - NOT really> Beauty Ring, about 5mm tall............Most applications need this ring REMOVED.

Is your switch hitting the Lock ring every time you try to use it? If so, you probably have the Beauty Ring in place.
Switch should be 1-3mm from lock ring when depressed<battery dependent>

Pin in switch should be tight.

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim
I would check the connections points from bottom switch to atomizer. First, check if the contacts are clean on bottom pin. If any blackening or tarnish, I would use a white rubber eraser to remove tarnish. If that is ok I would unscrew bottom firing pin. Check the bottom of the firing pin. Are the threads clean? Or are the threads dirty? If dirty I would clean those on the pin. If there is debris or dirt or corrosion, it could effect electricity conductivity. Then pull off the brass threading. Check for debris/dirt/whatnot. If bottom button is Ok, then check the top contact. Is the top firing pin clean? If not, use white rubber eraser. Unscrew. Are the threads on the top clean? Unscrew the top pin. Clean the threading if dirty. Check the top of the pin (the part contacting atty). Clean that. If that checks out, check the contacts on the atty if they are clean.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone!!!!! I think it was that dang beauty ring. I took it off, made sure my 510 pin was connecting with my atty, and fire - VAPOR!!!!!

I sincerely want to thank everyone for your input. I am keeping this bookmarked for future reference because I am sure I will have other issues that these suggestions will probably fix. I love the vape community and how eager everyone is to help someone they don't know personally have success with their vaping experience.

Thank you! Now enjoying my neme!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I just got mine yesterday so I feel your frustration. I was there doing the same thing yesterday. I found that it took a bit of playing around with the adjustable pins on top and bottom to get it firing. Also, mine came with a kick tube on top, make sure that's not on there. You may have to play around with the contact pins a bit, screwing them in and out until they both make solid contact with the battery when you push the button. You just have to fuss with it long enough, and it will fire like a champ.

I ordered the new magnets from FatDaddy last night, the ones that Vape Royalty supplied (at extra cost) where pure crap, and far weaker than the springs that were in it. The button would go all the way in without an atty on it or a battery in it when I stood it up. That's pretty bad.

Other than some starting out stuff, it's a great mech, and I'm pretty happy with it. It hits good and hard, and is a vast improvement over my aging Sigelei 24, which has long been plagued with button issues.

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim
Ermmm....just as a bit of friendly advice. DON'T use too much force on nemesis parts. Squeeze the beauty ring/kick ring too hard, you could deform it. And this goes for the lock ring. When you are pressing hard on it, you're actually deforming it so it is actually harder to get off. I bought a used nemmy from a guy who stuck the nemesis in a vice to get the lock ring to move and had big old scratches on it. Just remember, LIGHT touch. If things aren't coming off freely, stick it in a freezer so the metal cools and contracts. Using too much force will damage.

Wagonator

Verified Member
Apr 7, 2014
Canada
Ermmm....just as a bit of friendly advice. DON'T use too much force on nemesis parts. Squeeze the beauty ring/kick ring too hard, you could deform it. And this goes for the lock ring. When you are pressing hard on it, you're actually deforming it so it is actually harder to get off. I bought a used nemmy from a guy who stuck the nemesis in a vice to get the lock ring to move and had big old scratches on it. Just remember, LIGHT touch. If things aren't coming off freely, stick it in a freezer so the metal cools and contracts. Using too much force will damage.

heh i use my nemesis to annoy everyone at work. they try forever to unlock it and then watch me unlock it with a flick .

Lillie Bennett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2014
Virginia
I found the application for the beauty ring. Stubby battery, 3D hybrid mode with a kick. Now the gap at the lock ring is about the same size as the throw of the switch! Looks good.
gajuzu3e.jpg

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I must say, although I have several dripping attys, I never really got the love. With my neme - I get it!! This thing is is a beast! I have bookmarked Fatdaddy for when I do get a kick. And if I loose that little pin installing magnets when I decide I need to. But I am loving this thing!

Thank you everyone for all your help and assistance!

Wagonator

Verified Member
Apr 7, 2014
Canada
my nemesis clone was having issues a week after i bought it. the threads were a pita, i always had to fiddle with the button and the button was now getting HOT ( not the battery, that's a different issue), and i was getting miss-fires or really weak fires, so tonight i tore it down.
when i first received it i did the usual hot soapy water clean up and called it done. Tonight after tearing it down completely, I grabbed 2 fingers of really cheap horrid vodka and an old toothbrush.
i scrubbed,the threads of the tubes inside and out. i scrubbed the threads of the screws. I scrubbed the delrin pretty much anything the bristles of the brush could reach. i wadded up a bit of paper towel, soaked it in vodka and twisted it into the threads of spots i couldn't reach like the post on the button.
I then placed a small piece of sandpaper flat on a mirror and slid every contact point in small circles on it until i could see a full flat surface
upon reassembly i found my lock ring would spin full lock with just a flick of my pinky. the brass of the bottom switch caught proper threads on the first try,
but the vape..... oh yes the vape.... the first cloud completely obscured the dining room , the dog went into a panic, my son complained he couldn't see the tv in the next room.
total time invested: 30 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread