Can't seem to get the vapor to my lungs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh921

Jan 24, 2018
Hi all,

Firstly G'day as this is my first post on these forums, looks like a great forums too.

I have an issue, which seems stupid. But I can't seem to pull any vapor to my lungs.

With a cigarette I have no issue pulling it to my lungs, but with my vape when I try I can't seem to do it. I'm trying by sucking it into my mouth, then to my lungs but when I blow out little to no 'cloud' comes out and I can't get anything to come out of my nose and I assume that it's going to my stomach since I can't blow the vapor out of my nose and I feel sick in the stomach after awhile. I have had other people use my vape and they have had no issue getting it to their lungs, it's a little basic AIO unit.

I feel so stupid for posting this, surely it can't be this hard!

Regards,
Josh

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Josh921

Jan 24, 2018
Welcome to ecf. Vapor is more a product of the juice used and the ratio of pg/vg. Just relaxing and breathe in normally. What happens when you puff quickly 2 or 3 times like when you used to light a smoke? Is the vapor there then?

Hi Sugar_and_Spice thanks for the replies. I don't have any nic in my juice as I'm from Australia (have to import it) and haven't purchased any with it yet. I have tried taking 2 - 3 puffs and that seems to work alot better and I can exhale it through my nose and defiantly feels different than what I was doing before so I think I may not have been 'inhaling' enough vapor originally.

This here is my vape, nothing special by any means..
VK Discovery Starter Kit

I do have a question about e-juice I'm hoping you or someone could help me with. I have three bottles, two of which I got with the vape in the starter kit..
Two of my juices, which I got as part of the starter kit have got 'doubler' ticked on them and then have 20% VG on them. My understanding is that a doubler must be mixed with something else before vaping it, is this correct?
I already vaped some of it and it seemed fine as I didn't read it and assumed that they would have send me ready to go stuff..

Thanks!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
A 'doubler' sounds as if it has twice the flavoring as normally used. Since taste is so individual, it depends on you if you want to stretch the ejuice out for a longer period. 20% vg won't produce as much vapor as say one that has 50% vg.
But I am glad you are making progress.....

:)

• Agree

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
A 'doubler' sounds as if it has twice the flavoring as normally used. Since taste is so individual, it depends on you if you want to stretch the ejuice out for a longer period. 20% vg won't produce as much vapor as say one that has 50% vg.
But I am glad you are making progress.....

Also, if you do want to stretch that doubler out a bit, you can mix it with some more vg/pg . For more clouds I def would put in more vg than pg.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd agree that more VG might help you get a more visible "cloud". What is your wattage settings at or is your device non-adjustable? Either way as you practice, you should be able to refine your inhalation technique. Airflow, wicking of coil, wattage applied to the tank and type of juice are all going to change your vaping experience so play around with it some.

Anna

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Hi Sugar_and_Spice thanks for the replies. I don't have any nic in my juice as I'm from Australia (have to import it) and haven't purchased any with it yet. I have tried taking 2 - 3 puffs and that seems to work alot better and I can exhale it through my nose and defiantly feels different than what I was doing before so I think I may not have been 'inhaling' enough vapor originally.

This here is my vape, nothing special by any means..
VK Discovery Starter Kit

I do have a question about e-juice I'm hoping you or someone could help me with. I have three bottles, two of which I got with the vape in the starter kit..
Two of my juices, which I got as part of the starter kit have got 'doubler' ticked on them and then have 20% VG on them. My understanding is that a doubler must be mixed with something else before vaping it, is this correct?
I already vaped some of it and it seemed fine as I didn't read it and assumed that they would have send me ready to go stuff..

Thanks!

Doubler can be a couple things. It is either double flavor or doubler for existing liquid, basically e liquid with no nic. I used to order Mad Murdock stuff and he makes juice as well as a cutter. The cutter is used to weaken the nic but is flavored so you don't lose taste.

EXAMPLE: 30ml 6mg juice + 30ml of cutter = 60ml of 3mg e juice with same flavor strength

I imagine the doubler is the same thing, just flavored juice without nic.

For vapor just adjust airflow as wide as it gets (I have a Joyetech AIO) press the button and inhale, this is a DTL, see if that helps with vapor.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Charles pretty much covers the straya beat and then some.
Might like to read:
How to get started mixing your own DIY e liquids.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/australia-new-zealand-forum.541/

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hi all,

Firstly G'day as this is my first post on these forums, looks like a great forums too.

I have an issue, which seems stupid. But I can't seem to pull any vapor to my lungs.

With a cigarette I have no issue pulling it to my lungs, but with my vape when I try I can't seem to do it. I'm trying by sucking it into my mouth, then to my lungs but when I blow out little to no 'cloud' comes out and I can't get anything to come out of my nose and I assume that it's going to my stomach since I can't blow the vapor out of my nose and I feel sick in the stomach after awhile. I have had other people use my vape and they have had no issue getting it to their lungs, it's a little basic AIO unit.

I feel so stupid for posting this, surely it can't be this hard!

Regards,
Josh

Welcome! Don’t feel stupid I also had a difficult time trying to figure out how to inhale “correctly”. First I was trying to vape like I smoked cigs then after watching videos on MTL and DTL type of vape inhalation I decided I was putting too much thought into it!!

There are so many great people here that can and will help you out. I’m probably still too new to give advice I’ll leave it to the veterans.

Let us know how it goes though once you’ve gotten some advice. Good luck!!

sara

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
if you burp alot after vaping, then you must be inhaling into your stomach... else wise you are having low vapor production...

instead of inhaling, blow thru the tip when you press the button and see how much vapor is blown out of the atty air holes... this will give you an idea of how much vapor is being produced. also, your atty may need more ramp up time, needs more time to heat the coils.. hold button down and do a couple of quick puffs and then do your inhale...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread