Can't taste any of my e-juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuatt

Jan 26, 2019
BC, Canada
Does sound normal for a mix. You may have issues with one particular flavoring. Some do. IIRC custards are one it can happen with.

Yeah, he gave me a 10ml of the Butterscotch Tabaco to tide me over for now. Do you know any good places I can get supplies to make my own juice? He recommended a website, but if there's a place I can go in person so I don't have to deal with shipping and all that I would prefer it. :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah, he gave me a 10ml of the Butterscotch Tabaco to tide me over for now. Do you know any good places I can get supplies to make my own juice? He recommended a website, but if there's a place I can go in person so I don't have to deal with shipping and all that I would prefer it. :)
Yep. Lots of em. There’s a list of good suppliers in the DIY E-Liquid section which you may want to check out in general

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your "a place I can go in person"(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

In answer to your taste question, suggest you perform following experiment. Could vape only VG and nic in a RDA for a few days, by doing this, your vapers tongue may clear up. I have found that too much PG plus flavor can swamp your taste buds and cause no taste problems. After a few days, could place one drop )two maximum) of your normal e liquid along with the VG/nic mixture in the RDA, if you taste it, might want to start cutting the e liquid you are now buying with a little VG or PG or both.

Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
DIY Vape Juice: How to make your own E-Juice (In Depth Guide)
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
The Ultimate Guide on How To Make Vape Juice & E-Liquid
https://www.thevaperstable.com/e-liquid-mixing/
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
Please read the stickies below:
DIY E-Liquid

Wuatt

Jan 26, 2019
BC, Canada
vaper's tongue is not the only issue, as far as tasting.

i've been vaping only 7 weeks n can't taste most flavors .
recently, i found i could taste peach.
blueberry, cherry, apple, mixed fruits, nothing.
i can enjoy expensive juice, but without taste.
so, there are other things at play, besides vapor's tongue.

I've been mixing small 5ml bottles at a 90% VG 10% any of your favorite juice (Or less) and I've been noticing a small improvement in overall taste. And when I add a few extra drops of my juice of choice, it really comes through. But it isn't a permanent solution or anything, cause if I try to just vape straight juice with no extra VG the flavour is gone within an hour or two. I'm going to try to stop vaping for the next week or two and see if that solves my problem though, I'll share my results here when I am done.

Reactions: susieqz

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Couple reasons why you can taste your friend’s diy and not your store bought, the diy is likely not over-flavored, and the store bought may have ingredients that don’t work for you, flavors may have faded, or nic may have oxidized and covered the flavors.

Since you like your friend’s juice, be sure to ask what brand the flavors are and where he got them. Because there are several tobaccos but no two alike, and the only way to replicate is with his recipe.

If you do buy them from him- if he’s willing, I make my SIL’s juice for cost- remember to give him advance warning when you’re running low, so he has time to mix and steep. My SIL always lets me know when she’s on her last 120ml so I know that’ll last her a month. I can mix it and steep it in a week, and get it to her within a week, so she never panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread