• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cape Coral, FL - DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
I've been going to the Suncoast meets since 2009 and still waiting for local group to form in my area. I am also shocked there isn't a group growing down in the Cape/Fort area. So many vapers down there!!

For folks looking to plan meet ups - It encourages people to stay longer, hang around if you have the meet at an establishment that sells food/drink and of course allows vaping. If you have some goodies to do a free raffle that helps encourage attendance as well. We did have some meets early on at vape establishments but it makes people feel funny when they want to discuss other vendors hardware, juice, etc. It seems like a neutral establishment is in my opinion the best bet. Lots of people like to talk about their favorite juice maker or mod maker, etc.

Generally we collect liquid samples as we go so we can set up a table for folks to sample flavors at each meet. People just hang out, eat, drink, vape and chat. If you get the ball rolling in that area I see a tremendous potential for growth as you lucky guys have a gazillion vapers and vape shops there. Nice if you can get vape shops to advertise your meet as well. There is also a Florida Facebook group to advertise FL meetups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaVapers/

I still keep eye on that area in hopes of seeing a group get going - I'm hour'ish north of Cape but sister lives there so I do get down there every so often :)

Fingers crossed Fort/Cape group happens in 2013.

How do you suggest raffles and such with no cash?

Also.. I agree with you on the location in the long run but also would like to "tour" different facilities with the group. There are two more shops opening up within 5 minutes of my house.

I'm just not sure how to get started and sure could use a local to help me out... Get organized and such.

Your sister willing to help? I'm a happily married man and she is more than welcome to meet my wife :D

Edit: that is if she vapes.. I assume everyone does these days lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

nomorebutts4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida

Also.. I agree with you on the location in the long run but also would like to "tour" different facilities with the group. There are two more shops opening up within 5 minutes of my house.

I'm just not sure how to get started and sure could use a local to help me out... Get organized and such.

I would be willing to help with the group, if we have a neutral location we could invite local vape stores to set up a table, serve samples, demonstrate and do a little selling, they could pay the fee for the room, (say if it was a private room at a restaurant), they could also donate raffle prizes.

I have done this kind of thing before, (my HUSBAND and I).

Anyone up for a Flash Mob meeting at The Vape Store on Del Prado tonight?

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
I would be willing to help with the group, if we have a neutral location we could invite local vape stores to set up a table, serve samples, demonstrate and do a little selling, they could pay the fee for the room, (say if it was a private room at a restaurant), they could also donate raffle prizes.

I have done this kind of thing before, (my HUSBAND and I).

Anyone up for a Flash Mob meeting at The Vape Store on Del Prado tonight?

Lol. Can't do it that short notice but I'm willing to let you do as much as you'd like. I wanted to do the meet for everyone and hate being in charge anyway lol. I'm already stuck running my own business to survive :p

Give me a private message and we can all talk :D

--
Sent from my mind to your screen.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
lolol.. Looks like you guys might get this going.

We have done free raffles for long time in Largo whenever we have free stuff, some groups ask vendors for prizes and/or samplers for meets. Some of us also just brought along any freebies we had laying around. I bought a cheap roll of raffle tickets at Office Depot that lasts forever at regular meets but you could even make some up on computer I'm sure.

I know there are a bunch of vapers down there. I know a handful too that probably don't read this forum so I'd point them to one if one is planned. My sister does vape but she works a gazillion hours a week plus a single mom...lot on her plate. Really boils down to finding a location, getting approval and then posting about the meet on forums, facebook, twitter, etc. Of course any vape shops that would let you put up a flyer would help a lot with so many locals that might not be in the online community. Not really much to it other than securing that location and pimping meet wherever you can.

In the beginning I honestly wouldn't bother with a place that charged a fee until you know you have good enough attendance to warrant vendors paying for a private room. We have never paid for space for a regular meet...only Vapestock lol. Places that would allow smoking too would be good. I know I love Backstreets in Cape Coral and they are vape/smoke friendly on the patio, the owner is a gem. I think it's nice to be near smokers too as it piques their interest and might even get some converts.

If you get a meet planned down there I'd definitely advertise it wherever I can to help and if I can make it down too I will <3 Fingers crossed!

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
Not in the Cape, but in N. Ft. Myers. gtbb, since you mentioned, can someone please put a little input into why they don't like 'vapin in the cape?' I've looked at their stuff online, but don't order from them- yet. Thought about it. I usually do everything online, as my time is super limited. Would like to meet a few vapers though, if it could ever coincide with my rigid schedule.
There's a new smoke shop in my area, i won't name names because although the help is nice, the owner himself is a bit standoffish.
I like peeps to be bubbly and open, especially when you are trying to get a new business established. The owner left for want, if you know what I mean. He should put his front man, Brian in charge, he'd sell more.
Is this what's up with 'Vapin in the cape?' A friendly group is what I want to see, not someone with their head down, never looking me in the eyes, and wandering from the front to the back while I try to introduce myself and some friends, btw.

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
I still keep eye on that area in hopes of seeing a group get going -

Fingers crossed Fort/Cape group happens in 2013.

Yeah yeah yeah.....I "wonder" who that was aimed at Laurel? :p

can someone please put a little input into why they don't like 'vapin in the cape?'

I appreciate that Scott and his wife have an established vaping B&M here; but any customers he's turned off are completely his own fault. I was a customer of his over two years ago when I started vaping. However, I chose to educated myself on what else was available to vapers by doing research on ECF and other websites. When I would return to his store using mods or juice bought elsewhere (because he didnt carry them), I'd have to listen to his tirades about 'not supporting local vendors' and how every other juice shop except his would be put out of business within a year by the FDA. Mind you, it's now 2 years later and they're all still open. I should've taken his $1000 bet that they'd all be closed when he offered it (no I'm not kidding). Anyway...The other thing that finally made me stop going there completely was his inability to listen to customers. When I showed him my Provari, he went off about how Provape controls pricing and won't let vendors make enough profit. I heard later that he started carrying them. I showed him tanks that I had gotten from Stormy. Same thing...he said he talked to Stormy but she wanted too much for him to carry her tanks. He ended up carrying the same exact tanks within a few months. I told him I wasn't buying his juice because it didn't compare in quality or taste to others I was getting at the time from Rawr, FSUSA, Copper Creek, etc. He thought his Dekang crap was the best. Once again, I heard through friends that he eventually started getting juice elsewhere because no one liked what he carried.
That's it in a nutshell. I got tired of dealing with a know it all, so I took my business elsewhere. I've met Geoff and and the others from the Vape Store and they're all decent, but by the time they came around I was already so used to buying everything online that I rarely visit any of our B&M stores here.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Your sister willing to help? I'm a happily married man and she is more than welcome to meet my wife :D

Edit: that is if she vapes.. I assume everyone does these days lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
The hosting B & M is the likely source for raffle prizes in the way of merchandise or store discounts. I was pleasantly surprised to see The Vape Store as a major sponsor on WIZARDS TOWER WITH PLEIDIUS yesterday. They provided merchandise for giveaways during the show.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not in the Cape, but in N. Ft. Myers. gtbb, since you mentioned, can someone please put a little input into why they don't like 'vapin in the cape?' I've looked at their stuff online, but don't order from them- yet. Thought about it. I usually do everything online, as my time is super limited. Would like to meet a few vapers though, if it could ever coincide with my rigid schedule.
There's a new smoke shop in my area, i won't name names because although the help is nice, the owner himself is a bit standoffish.
I like peeps to be bubbly and open, especially when you are trying to get a new business established. The owner left for want, if you know what I mean. He should put his front man, Brian in charge, he'd sell more.
Is this what's up with 'Vapin in the cape?' A friendly group is what I want to see, not someone with their head down, never looking me in the eyes, and wandering from the front to the back while I try to introduce myself and some friends, btw.
Vapin' in the Cape is OK, but they're kinda in your face. Their prices are so so on some things and way out of line on others. Also, I'll never buy juice from them again. Not much I find unvapable, but the maraschino cherry I got was nothing like the sample and wreaks of perfume...yuck!

The Vape Store on Del Prado is my fav (yes I'm closer to the SB store and have been there). I'm not exactly sure what the official relationship is between those 2 and the store at the Forum in Ft Misery. I was not in the SB store's database for the bonus points like the DP store and when I asked about it they were very tight lipped about why. Maybe they are franchisee??? idk

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
Vapin' in the Cape is OK, but they're kinda in your face. Their prices are so so on some things and way out of line on others. Also, I'll never buy juice from them again. Not much I find unvapable, but the maraschino cherry I got was nothing like the sample and wreaks of perfume...yuck!

The Vape Store on Del Prado is my fav (yes I'm closer to the SB store and have been there). I'm not exactly sure what the official relationship is between those 2 and the store at the Forum in Ft Misery. I was not in the SB store's database for the bonus points like the DP store and when I asked about it they were very tight lipped about why. Maybe they are franchisee??? idk

Their systems aren't linked yet. That's all.

I'm an IT guy and asked about it. Hopefully they'll let me help with that :p

They're both owned by the same folks though. Dunno about the one in ft misery lol

--

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
Just an FYI.

I give Vapin in the Cape a lot of credit. They were informed of my disappointment and are making a real effort to improve the B&M store.

Customer service is what they were always known for. To abbreviate what I've been told some staffing changes have been made to improve things so I'm willing to give them another shot.

As for ordering from them online- nothing to worry about at all. If you like the price then buy.

As for Scott- I only know the guy through email and he was very professional and not at all condescending.
--

Still looking for help organizing a meet! Are we ALL lazy here in Cape Coma? Lol

Nomorebuttz?

--

Last edited:

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
I see many of you like the store on Del Prado. I'm going to have to check that out. And thanks fellow vapers, for the explanations on the vapin in the cape store. No reason to go there now. Vaping's not cheap, and I'd rather spend my money with someone who is willing to
hear my likes on the juices too. I've tried for about 6 months to get a friend of mine who owns a Tobacco shop over here in N Ft. (Misery, lol-love that) to order some juices from Mom&Popvapor shop, and they ignore me. That's when I went to the other vape shop nearby. I mean, c'mon, how hard is it to just try the juices? Then tell me no. I guess they don't need my business. So for local, will have to give your suggestion a try.

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
Just an FYI.

I give Vapin in the Cape a lot of credit. They were informed of my disappointment and are making a real effort to improve the B&M store.

Customer service is what they were always known for. To abbreviate what I've been told some staffing changes have been made to improve things so I'm willing to give them another shot.

As for ordering from them online- nothing to worry about at all. If you like the price then buy.

As for Scott- I only know the guy through email and he was very professional and not at all condescending.
--

Still looking for help organizing a meet! Are we ALL lazy here in Cape Coma? Lol

Nomorebuttz?

--

Retraction. Walked into the store. Looked the manager in the eye (I was told he was fired.. Err.. "Removed as manager"). Shook my head and walked out.

I was nice before. Don't go into this store. Period. Plenty of other stores in the Cape.

Edit: and don't tell me he just got demoted. 1. Anyone who scares away business should be removed. 2. He was giving orders to other staff when I walked in.

--

Last edited:

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
Sorry to hear that, :(

Its OK. The obsession has become a lifestyle. Dedicating my life to the vape lol. 2 months and I don't ever want a CIG again lol. Win.

Working for my favorite shop now so I can help others win. No more bad mouthing competitors. Its just not professional.

--

wsteven321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Fort Myers, FL, USA
hello, i live in fort myers but i work in cape coral and have not tried any of their shops yet. i heard vapin in the cape was good, but now im seeing things about it that i hate. im a well informed vaper, so id prefer no sales pitch...as i know what i want. gonna try the vape store, ive been going to gulf coast vapors in fort myers which is by the mall. its a newer store and its pretty decent. ive gotten good customer service there.

I brought my k100, which its locking mechanism was stuck, and the guy fixed it and put oil on it for me to prevent it from happening again. I was talking to another person there about rebuilding atomizers and we compared builds. I was using 32 gauge kanthal and she gave me a few feet of her own stash of 28 gauge kanthal to try (even tho they sold it in their store).

anyways, id love to start meeting up with some people. talking about vaping is good times and i feel like i could bring some good information to the table. Im all about finding insane deals and making one self suffcient. vaping is more expensive then cigs if you dont inform yourself.

wsteven321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Fort Myers, FL, USA
ok so i went to the vapor store today, on santa barbara. Place was pretty cool, they had a good selection of mechanical mods which my other bm didnt. the prices were very fair. Obviously you can get a lot better deal ordering online, as there isnt much overhead, but overall the prices werent bad. They had a vamo priced at 50 bucks, siegeli mods in the 40s...pretty decent.

The lady working there was very bubbly and not pushy at all, which was nice. I grabbed a 10 ml of smurfette select (blueberry, raspberry and whip cream) pretty tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread