Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I picked up some lemon meringue flavor,as i love the real pie,but is it just me or does just not taste like what it's supposed to.I get a hint of lemon,but instead of anything close to meringue,i am getting a really strong nutty taste.I mixed it first at 5% and after steeping it a bit over a week,i noticed the nutty taste,but everything else was really weak,so i bumped it to 10% and same thing just more of the lemon came through,but over all still very nutty tasting.Any suggestions on how to get it to what it's supposed to taste like?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Sorry, I didn't see Capella's in the title... FA's Lemon Sicily is is best and leanest lemon I've found. Maybe a little to bump up the lemon. FA has a meringue too, but it's more of the cookie than what's on a pie... I'm not sure how to get that pie meringue (though I'd <3 to know!).

The Capella's seems to have the crust down pat, and enough sweetness for the meringue just needs the lemon boost. Is the FA Lemon Sicily a nice sour, tart lemon? Not heavy sweetness?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
To me, it's a very bright flavored lemon. Not really tart, but not at all overly sweet for me. I like it.

I agree.. It's not really sweet or sour, but it's not the "Rind-y' bitter lemon you get in alot of juices. It's a very clean neutral lemon...

Guess tastes vary as much as with pre-mixed juices....:laugh:
I like the tart "Rind-y' bitter lemon I get with Hansen my self.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That one sounds good.I didn't know fa had a meringue flavor,but then again i have just started looking into getting some of their flavors,so i will add all those to the list.If yours is anything close to the taste of the pie,i will be a happy person haha.I was definitely a bit dissapointed in the capella one,as lemon meringue pie is my favorite type of pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread