Capella's DIY Recipes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
got cap cake batter from wizard labs, at 10% it was pure bliss, everything i'd expect it to be.

recently got a large bottle of it from a local b&m, and to be honest it tastes/smells nothing like the original bottle i had.

the botttle i got from the shop looks legit, was plastic sealed and everything, so idk if it is just a "clone" (lol) or is there a difference between bottles/batches?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
got cap cake batter from wizard labs, at 10% it was pure bliss, everything i'd expect it to be.

recently got a large bottle of it from a local b&m, and to be honest it tastes/smells nothing like the original bottle i had.

the botttle i got from the shop looks legit, was plastic sealed and everything, so idk if it is just a "clone" (lol) or is there a difference between bottles/batches?

I've run into this with Capella and TFA a few times. seems to be a consistency issue.
Sweet Strawberry - almost no taste -8%-15%
Tangarine -0- taste, just a citrus twang
Chocolate coconut almond 12% - Pure perfume - other claim to mix at 20% :blink:

Yet I use their MCT and Cappuccino in an ADV mix and never had a problem in 18 months.
Love the Custard but heard negatives about the v2

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
7% Capella's NY Cheesecake confession;

I hated it, it was an over saturation of buttery blah. I let it sit for a month tried it again blah no go tried mixer with many different flavors just blah. So I let it sit and knew I would never like it. Well well a few days ago I was curious because quite a few say its good.. It's amazing lol It now mixes with 555 and those two are soulmates it is 5/5 stars. It also mixes with ry4 type 1 and ry4 dbl really really good juice...

If you use Ny cheesecake do yourself a favor and wait it out for 2 months and whoa... It's worth the wait..
I had some strawberry e juice thats tasted like a skunk I let sit/forgot about it for 6 months and it became the best strawberry juice I have tried.
Waiting sucks but with results such as, it is worth it.

I ordered the tobacco flavors cant wait to try then hoping for the best from capella..:)

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Chocolate Raspberry Coconut

Chocolate Raspberry 10%
Chocolate Coconut Almond 6%
Raspberry 1.5%
Sweetener .5%

I am a fan of Chocolate Raspberry and Chocolate Coconut Almond, each on its own. Mixed together with a bit of extra Raspberry so the raspberry doesn't get lost. Quite tasty. This is one recipe where you can easily vary the %s to suit your personal preference.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
hi there everybody - just have a question concerning capella flavors - does anyone of you guys have experience with the tobacco flavors of capella ?? thank you for your infos !

I have mixed Bold Tobacco and its a tobacco absolute very heavy with the ethyl alcohol so it will need a good long steep or warm/hot bath to reduce the alcohol content. Its RY4 type 1 ish at 1st mix then mellows into a captain blackish but has less flowery note than the latter two but the flavors are closely related.. Takes big percentage of Bold to make the flavor stand out and pop used alone. When used mixed with a chocolate or vanilla flavor it shines.

I really like it mixed with vanillan, it tastes exactly like a pouch of Captain Black Mild after a 3 week steep with a very tasty lite ash note on the end of it.. Previous to 3 weeks its ry4 type 1 ish, almost imperceptible flavoring until it steeps then boom flavor....

Definitely a new favorite of mine.. Any pipe smoker and fans of CB would like this flavor. It has a better profile of Cap't than seedman's CB they hit a homerun with this flavor IMO..

Easy very good recipe at least 3 week steep cap off to vent the ethyl or a warm/hot steep..
Cap Bold Tobacco 8%
Vanillan 3%

Takes on a well developed reddish orange when ready..
15%2B-%2B1

Last edited:

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Scheiblingkirchen, AUSTRIA
I have mixed Bold Tobacco and its a tobacco absolute very heavy with the ethyl alcohol so it will need a good long steep or warm/hot bath to reduce the alcohol content. Its RY4 type 1 ish at 1st mix then mellows into a captain blackish but has less flowery note than the latter two but the flavors are closely related.. Takes big percentage of Bold to make the flavor stand out and pop used alone. When used mixed with a chocolate or vanilla flavor it shines.

I really like it mixed with vanillan, it tastes exactly like a pouch of Captain Black Mild after a 3 week steep with a very tasty lite ash note on the end of it.. Previous to 3 weeks its ry4 type 1 ish, almost imperceptible flavoring until it steeps then boom flavor....

Definitely a new favorite of mine.. Any pipe smoker and fans of CB would like this flavor. It has a better profile of Cap't than seedman's CB they hit a homerun with this flavor IMO..

Easy very good recipe at least 3 week steep cap off to vent the ethyl or a warm/hot steep..
Cap Bold Tobacco 8%
Vanillan 3%

Takes on a well developed reddish orange when ready..
15%2B-%2B1

THANX ALOT VISUS for your info - just saw the flavors at my vendor and was curious - I will defenitely give it a shot in my next order ! Greetings from the other side of the ocean !

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
I just ordered some of Capella's V2 flavors (Sugar Cookie/Graham Cracker/Caramel) to replace my V1 flavors and I wanted to know if my current recipes that use Capella's V1 will still work or do I need to adjust my recipes? I would appreciate any HELP! Thanks! EJAB

Never mind, I already got help from another ecig forum.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
A few individuals claimed that the V2 flavorings were very similar to Capella's V1 flavorings and that no change was needed, but the majority of responses claimed that you need to increase your V2 percentages 1%-3%. I'm going to mix two 30ml batches today (Capella's V2 Sugar Cookie 13%, Caramel 2% and Marshmallow 2%), with one batch following my original recipe and the other batch with a flavoring increase of 2% (SC 15%/C 4%/M4%). I'm going to age them for about a week and then I'll post my findings here.

Reactions: Slots

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
A few individuals claimed that the V2 flavorings were very similar to Capella's V1 flavorings and that no change was needed, but the majority of responses claimed that you need to increase your V2 percentages 1%-3%. I'm going to mix two 30ml batches today (Capella's V2 Sugar Cookie 13%, Caramel 2% and Marshmallow 2%), with one batch following my original recipe and the other batch with a flavoring increase of 2% (SC 15%/C 4%/M4%). I'm going to age them for about a week and then I'll post my findings here.
I've found that a 1-2% increase is needed when replacing a Capella V1 flavor with a V2 flavor. After my initial post, I also made a batch with a 1% increase and this batch turned out to be the closest to my "original" V1 recipe. My "original" recipe using V2 flavoring tastes bland and the recipe that I added 2% seems to be coming along just fine, but it needs to be aged a little longer before I can give it a fair review.
CORRECTION: I used Capella's V1 Marshmallow, V2 Sugar Cookie and V2 Caramel.

scooterholic

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
I just bought 13ml of Dutch Chocolate Mint. Has anyone made an ejuice with this? What % did you use? Thanks.

I just got some yesterday, it smeled a little strong so I mixed it at 3% with 1 drop EM per mill and 1 drop sweetener per mill last night, gave it a hot water bath and let it set over night. Just vaped it and its not bad at all.

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
I just got some yesterday, it smeled a little strong so I mixed it at 3% with 1 drop EM per mill and 1 drop sweetener per mill last night, gave it a hot water bath and let it set over night. Just vaped it and its not bad at all.

Well I hoped it wouldn't be bad, but is it good :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread