Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Does that mean that is basically a brick now? Also, I did contact the manufacturer but they don't know how to speak English correctly and they take hours/days to respond.
It’s possible but not definite. I don’t have experience with that particular mod myself though I have dealt with firmware on other devices. There is this thing called business English which is a reduced vocabulary English which is often taught in China. They may be speaking that or using a translation app

Gibby D.

Nov 13, 2018
It’s possible but not definite. I don’t have experience with that particular mod myself though I have dealt with firmware on other devices. There is this thing called business English which is a reduced vocabulary English which is often taught in China. They may be speaking that or using a translation app
You've been more helpful than the company and I still don't know if I can fix it.

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Can you go back to the site and see if you can download the prior os version?

^^^This^^^

Try downgrading the firmware via usb and your computer.

It may also be worth trying to do the update again BEFORE downgrading. Sometimes it takes more than one try to get the new firmware to "stick".

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
There is this thing called business English which is a reduced vocabulary English which is often taught in China. They may be speaking that or using a translation app

Also known as Engrish, which does not quite fit to Anguish (American English), yet does not either happen to match to Espengish (Hispanic English) or even Khmish (Vietnamese English), worse yet it only can slightly meet up with Crynglish (Russian/Ukranian English) ... And yes, i've worked in situations where i needed to learn a bit of all of these. Sometime i'll need to recall my native tongue.

Reactions: vapdivrr

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
So I looked to Ijoy's US distribution site. It does not list the mod discussed herein. That may be due in part that it is so new a product the US distribution has not yet picked it up. Not sure why and don't want to speculate any further.

VaporDNA does have the mod listed. That still does not exactly seem beneficial to me. What I'm looking to locate would be an official & authentic IJOY source to the firmware upgrade, preferably given a hash check sum to ensure data integrity.

Not seeing any of this anywhere. My apologies but I'm heading to the rack to crash. Got a testosterone shot today, oddly after six weeks back on the shots it seems to be doing stuff to me internally again. When that happens my body *sighs, yawns* wears itself out from the changing my lovely mutable DNA, as well as muscle skeletal structure.

Might see if I can locate that for you on morrow. For now I need to, ...

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
IJOY Captain PD1865+ Captain S kit
53f2a88c0eda85243fc6b3ce4158c177.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: Baditude

Gibby D.

Nov 13, 2018
So I looked to Ijoy's US distribution site. It does not list the mod discussed herein. That may be due in part that it is so new a product the US distribution has not yet picked it up. Not sure why and don't want to speculate any further.

VaporDNA does have the mod listed. That still does not exactly seem beneficial to me. What I'm looking to locate would be an official & authentic IJOY source to the firmware upgrade, preferably given a hash check sum to ensure data integrity.

Not seeing any of this anywhere. My apologies but I'm heading to the rack to crash. Got a testosterone shot today, oddly after six weeks back on the shots it seems to be doing stuff to me internally again. When that happens my body *sighs, yawns* wears itself out from the changing my lovely mutable DNA, as well as muscle skeletal structure.

Might see if I can locate that for you on morrow. For now I need to, ...
I got the newest firmware update form ijoy. After trying to update the mod with this firmware it turned my mod into a brick.

• Informative
Reactions: MyMagicMist

Gibby D.

Nov 13, 2018
Also known as Engrish, which does not quite fit to Anguish (American English), yet does not either happen to match to Espengish (Hispanic English) or even Khmish (Vietnamese English), worse yet it only can slightly meet up with Crynglish (Russian/Ukranian English) ... And yes, i've worked in situations where i needed to learn a bit of all of these. Sometime i'll need to recall my native tongue.
lmao nice

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I got the newest firmware update form ijoy. After trying to update the mod with this firmware it turned my mod into a brick.

Ah I see, that brings me to the conclusion of one of my zany expressions, "well piss!"

A bit of a story to my saying "well piss". Come here to WV from VA and met with my wife's grandfather. The wife was watching me and him busy ourselves with some odd work that needed done. He would say "well ...." just as I said "well piss". Me and him had not ever met to work together. When we got together to work though what one of us didn't think of the other did and vise versa. We were hand in glove. I miss that damn old fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread