The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Car pass-through

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by No Brag, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. No Brag

No Brag Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2010
    Nebraska
    :(I finaly gave up and went with a box mod from Mad Vapes.:vapor: The battries last a lot longer.:2cool: I would still like a way to vape in my truck without using up the battries.:confused:

2. Allan.GH

Allan.GH Super Member ECF Veteran

Use the PoorVari regulator circuit, fixing the output voltage at your desired level, and substituting the 8 Volt source with current from the lighter socket, then route the output to your Atty or carto. You should be good to go.

3. WillyB

WillyB Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    USA
    What atties/cartos are you using (the ohms)?

4. Vinny

Vinny Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 1, 2009
    I learned the hard way that the ground and negative in the USB connector aren't always connected together. The passthru might use either the ground or the negative wire in the cable but the adapters only use one or the other. I have a battery pack that uses 4 AAs and has a USB connector on it. I had to solder a jumper in it between ground and negative to get it to work. The USB in the computer ties them both together. Whether that's what's happening in your case, I don't know but it's worth a look.

5. zzooti

zzooti Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    You could get an eGo type battery with the passthrough feature: mine works equally well plugged into a computer usb port, a wall charger with usb port, or a car charger with usb port. The charger I use has 5v 500ma output.

6. Sylvestre

Sylvestre Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Chapel hill, NC USA
    I have one that came with my first starter kit from v2.... Works great in my computer, in the car, never a prob. I didn't make it or anything, it just came with all the stuff. I highly recommend it!

I like to vape while I tinker, not tinker in order to vape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.