Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I start with an unflavored mix.. any strength (mg) will do. I use a 7ml bottle. One drop of FA caramel cappucino, just ONE drop. Then add 4 or 5 drops of FA sweet cream. That's it! It has a full, creamy caramel coffee flavor. I don't mix my flavor by percentage.

I still use this mix every day! Instead of mixing One drop per 7ml... I mix 20ml at a time and use ONE drop per 10ml and 2-5 drops of sweet cream (depends on your taste.. right now I'm using 4 drops) and one drop (per 10ml) of sweetener (bought a couple years ago at tastyvapor)

I can use this mix with a single carto in a tank for weeks.. I just keep refilling it every day or so. It's my old standby.. don't know what I'd do without it. :)

Also.. I don't really "steep" this.. I may mix it, shake it and let it sit over night before I use it, just to let the flavors mesh together but I don't really notice that it gets any better after it sits awhile.

Last edited:

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Pre-dilute your TFA CC (Caramel Cappuccino):
(Assuming 20 drops per ml)
Using undiluted CC, 1 Drop of CC per 10ml = .5% (½%) which is too strong for many people.

Instead dilute your CC 1 drop to 1ml = 5%. Use this bottle as your flavoring mix.
1 drop of 5% CC per mil of juice = .25% (¼%) or the equivalent of 1 drop full strength per 20ml.

The benefit here is you can use this to make smaller batches and have ratio control I.E.

1 drops 5% CC per 3 mil = .08%
2 drops 5% CC per 5 mil = .10%
1 drops 5% CC per 2ml = .125%
2 drops 5% CC per 3ml = .16%
3 drops 5% CC per 4 mil = .1875%
4 drops 5% CC per 5 mil = .20%
1 drops 5% CC per 1ml = .25%
4 drops 5% CC per 3 mil = .32%
3 drops 5% CC per 2 mil = .375%
8 drops 5% CC per 5 mil = .4%
9 drops 5% CC per 5 mil = .45%
2 drops 5% CC per 1 mil = .5%

Greater control and you can find your sweet spot in small or large batches.
For tighter control Use 1 drop 100% CC in 2ml carrier for a 2.5% mixer instead of 5%.
If you use a lot then make a 10ml bottle of dilute CC.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccbflo

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Made up a 10ml test batch today...

Caramel Cappuccino (TFA) .5% (starting point)
Fresh Cream (FA) 2%
Ethyl Maltol (TFA) 3%

Even at such a low percentage the Caramel Cappuccino smells very pronounced, wondered at first if I should have used those little micro pipettes and added only 4-5 drops from one of them, I use a 1ml syringe w/ an 18ga tip for my flavorings. Initial drip taste (less than an hour after mixing) pretty darn good :thumb:

Might try a couple more drops (micro pipette) of CC if the coffee flavor doesn't come out more after some steeping, great vape though, wish I had this for this morning!, thanks for posting this :)

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Depends, since you have the individual components, you have greater control over the ratio of each. The caramel cappuccino is strong but maybe the cappuccino is not as strong?

You might find that you prefer 4 parts caramel to 1 part cappuccino, or any other combination. I suggest starting pretty dilute with this one, making small batches and bumping it up in strength til it is right. You have the luxury of playing with the individual caramel ratio too.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I still use this mix every day! Instead of mixing One drop per 7ml... I mix 20ml at a time and use ONE drop per 10ml and 2-5 drops of sweet cream (depends on your taste.. right now I'm using 4 drops) and one drop (per 10ml) of sweetener (bought a couple years ago at tastyvapor)

I can use this mix with a single carto in a tank for weeks.. I just keep refilling it every day or so. It's my old standby.. don't know what I'd do without it. :)

Also.. I don't really "steep" this.. I may mix it, shake it and let it sit over night before I use it, just to let the flavors mesh together but I don't really notice that it gets any better after it sits awhile.

I also use it. It's a good mix, isn't it!

cals

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
Asia
Depends, since you have the individual components, you have greater control over the ratio of each. The caramel cappuccino is strong but maybe the cappuccino is not as strong?

You might find that you prefer 4 parts caramel to 1 part cappuccino, or any other combination. I suggest starting pretty dilute with this one, making small batches and bumping it up in strength til it is right. You have the luxury of playing with the individual caramel ratio too.

test drove the single capp flavor and indeed its not as strong as supposed to caramel capp
tried to mix also the following and i think i got to thank you ehuman for i think we have something vape-able and some sort of a deviation with what i have

ended up with
Fa Cappuccino 2%
TFA Caramel 8%
TFA Dulche 2%

interesting indeed..

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
First - TFA caramel Cappuccino - Is this supposed to smell burnt in its flavoring form? OMG it wreaks!

Just did my first batch - all TFA
10ml 11mg 40pg/60vg(premixed unflavored I had)
1 drop CC
2 drops Sweet Cream
1 drop Sweetener

Finishing up a warm bath and will let stand over night.
As to drop size, something I can't get my head around! All three ingredients ordered from HDV and came in 10ml drip top plastic bottles. I just did direct drop from them.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
First - TFA caramel Cappuccino - Is this supposed to smell burnt in its flavoring form? OMG it wreaks!

Just did my first batch - all TFA
10ml 11mg 40pg/60vg(premixed unflavored I had)
1 drop CC
2 drops Sweet Cream
1 drop Sweetener

Finishing up a warm bath and will let stand over night.
As to drop size, something I can't get my head around! All three ingredients ordered from HDV and came in 10ml drip top plastic bottles. I just did direct drop from them.

This is one flavoring that I vape right away, it does change a little over time but not that much. And yes, it does smell burnt LOL .. but it doesn't taste that way. I mix mine using 1 drop of CC and 5 drops of Sweet Cream in 10ml .. it's yummy!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
This is one flavoring that I vape right away, it does change a little over time but not that much. And yes, it does smell burnt LOL .. but it doesn't taste that way. I mix mine using 1 drop of CC and 5 drops of Sweet Cream in 10ml .. it's yummy!

May have to up the Sweet cream. Did mine at 1 drop CC, 2drops SC in 10ml. Taste is sharp and still smells burnt.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
May have to up the Sweet cream. Did mine at 1 drop CC, 2drops SC in 10ml. Taste is sharp and still smells burnt.

Just made another 10ml bottle last night, vaped some of it this morning .. doesn't taste burnt .. maybe it's your equipment, perhaps you have your voltage too high? When I made it the first time, nearly 1 year ago, I only used 2 drops of the SC but decided it needed a little more SC so upped it to 5 drops and have vaped it that way ever since. I don't vape it 24/7, just a little in the morning with my coffee and again for 1/2 hour after dinner. Maybe if I did vape it 24/7 it might start to taste a little burnt but with the small amount that I vape it that hasn't happened to me.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Just made another 10ml bottle last night, vaped some of it this morning .. doesn't taste burnt .. maybe it's your equipment, perhaps you have your voltage too high? When I made it the first time, nearly 1 year ago, I only used 2 drops of the SC but decided it needed a little more SC so upped it to 5 drops and have vaped it that way ever since. I don't vape it 24/7, just a little in the morning with my coffee and again for 1/2 hour after dinner. Maybe if I did vape it 24/7 it might start to taste a little burnt but with the small amount that I vape it that hasn't happened to me.

definitely not the equipment. Not a coil burnt type taste. More of a slightly burnt popcorn. May be my awareness since I recently got a bottle of Caramel Cap that is unvapable and smells like a house burned down every time the bottle is opened.

Will definitely up the Sc. Maybe I'll split the bottle and up 1/2 to see how it is. thinking about a touch of chocolate in the mix also.

Nova V

Jun 12, 2013
F.S.,AR,USA
Pre-dilute your TFA CC (Caramel Cappuccino):
(Assuming 20 drops per ml)
Using undiluted CC, 1 Drop of CC per 10ml = .5% (½%) which is too strong for many people.

Instead dilute your CC 1 drop to 1ml = 5%. Use this bottle as your flavoring mix.
1 drop of 5% CC per mil of juice = .25% (¼%) or the equivalent of 1 drop full strength per 20ml.

The benefit here is you can use this to make smaller batches and have ratio control I.E.

1 drops 5% CC per 3 mil = .08%
2 drops 5% CC per 5 mil = .10%
1 drops 5% CC per 2ml = .125%
2 drops 5% CC per 3ml = .16%
3 drops 5% CC per 4 mil = .1875%
4 drops 5% CC per 5 mil = .20%
1 drops 5% CC per 1ml = .25%
4 drops 5% CC per 3 mil = .32%
3 drops 5% CC per 2 mil = .375%
8 drops 5% CC per 5 mil = .4%
9 drops 5% CC per 5 mil = .45%
2 drops 5% CC per 1 mil = .5%

Greater control and you can find your sweet spot in small or large batches.
For tighter control Use 1 drop 100% CC in 2ml carrier for a 2.5% mixer instead of 5%.
If you use a lot then make a 10ml bottle of dilute CC.
Using this method of making a diluted batch of (TFA) Caramel Cappuccino @ 5% was a helpful tip indeed! Having said that, my first batch was a dismal failure at 0.4% CC. So I made another batch at 0.25% CC.....it's steeping but the initial drip test wasn't great. I'm not "feeling" this flavor. I'm hopping that some additional sweet cream, I'm currently @ 2.5% thinking to jump all the way to 5%, will do the trick. If I get it right I will post it on this thread because I've read where some others have experienced a flavor overload with this one too.
And as for those of you that can handle this bad boy at 1drop/10ml, I'd like to shake your hand cause you're THE MAN! or THE WOMAN! Whichever applies to you. Sorry for those you who vaped this flavor at 20%! Some day, years from now, you'll laugh about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread