Carbonation zing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Citric acid maybe?? I use citric acid in alot of my citrus fruit flavors and it gives it that extra bit of "pop" that makes it taste better. However when I put it in my sweeter fruits, like honeydew, or my dessert vapes I get a bit of a bitter taste. Maybe?? Just throwin it out there
Well that sounds like it could be it! Where did you get citric acid and how much do you usually add? Thanks!

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
Citric acid can be found in most grocery stores in the canning section but alot of those have preservatives that are a no go. Best bet is go to a health food store, 99% of the time any health food store will just have pure "citric acid". It looks.like salt and.is suppossed to be a safe alternative to salt (but I dunno if I buy that, smells too citrusy to be a salt replacement if you ask me). Then dissolve about 1/4 teaspoon in about 10ml PG to get a 10% mixture. Youll have to warm.it and shake it a bunch to get it to dissolve though. When you have that done, just add 1 drop p/ml of finished solution and there you go (i.e. if you have 30ml of juice use 30 drops of citric acid solution). Alotta professional mixers use citric acid to get their fruit.flavors to "pop", including Bombie's famous Nana cream. Hope that helps and if thats not the secret ingredient it'll still help out alot with your more tart fruit blends

Edit: btw citric acid is also very cheap, a 5$ bottle for me is enough to make over 5000ml of citric acid solution

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
The best "champagne" kind of flavor I have tried so far is "Wine Champagne" by Flavour Art at 2%. It gives a slight carbonated kind of effect. Not quite as strong as I was hoping but so far has been the most satisfying in both flavor and effect. (I was trying to simulate the effect I get from Alpha Vape's "Heist" and Lazarus Vintage's "Compass")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread