The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Carbonation zing?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Btsmokincat, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    I love Bomb Pop from Killer Juice, especially the carbonation zing. Does anyone know what that ingredient is? I asked Walt from KJ once and all he would hint at is the ingredient works best with citrus flavors as it tastes bitter in anything else.

2. CoilinTrouble

CoilinTrouble Super Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Citric acid maybe?? I use citric acid in alot of my citrus fruit flavors and it gives it that extra bit of "pop" that makes it taste better. However when I put it in my sweeter fruits, like honeydew, or my dessert vapes I get a bit of a bitter taste. Maybe?? Just throwin it out there

3. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    Well that sounds like it could be it! Where did you get citric acid and how much do you usually add? Thanks!

4. CoilinTrouble

CoilinTrouble Super Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Citric acid can be found in most grocery stores in the canning section but alot of those have preservatives that are a no go. Best bet is go to a health food store, 99% of the time any health food store will just have pure "citric acid". It looks.like salt and.is suppossed to be a safe alternative to salt (but I dunno if I buy that, smells too citrusy to be a salt replacement if you ask me). Then dissolve about 1/4 teaspoon in about 10ml PG to get a 10% mixture. Youll have to warm.it and shake it a bunch to get it to dissolve though. When you have that done, just add 1 drop p/ml of finished solution and there you go (i.e. if you have 30ml of juice use 30 drops of citric acid solution). Alotta professional mixers use citric acid to get their fruit.flavors to "pop", including Bombie's famous Nana cream. Hope that helps and if thats not the secret ingredient it'll still help out alot with your more tart fruit blends

Edit: btw citric acid is also very cheap, a 5$ bottle for me is enough to make over 5000ml of citric acid solution

5. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    Could be triacetin which is what's used in the cola flavors for that fizz effect. TFA used to carry it.

6. Dave_in_OK

Dave_in_OK Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    San Antonio Texas
    You might find some help / information on this old thread here

Hope it helps :)

7. vapero

vapero Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    subscribing!
    I want the fizz on my fruit!

8. Stacy1

Stacy1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Brunswick,GA,USA
    I'm also looking for the same effect to add to TFA Dr Pop. Going to try adding a small amount of champagne flavor to it today and see if it helps. I haven't tried the champagne flavoring since I got it, but I would think it would be hard to call it champagne without some fizzle

9. Rin13

Rin13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Ohio
    The best "champagne" kind of flavor I have tried so far is "Wine Champagne" by Flavour Art at 2%. It gives a slight carbonated kind of effect. Not quite as strong as I was hoping but so far has been the most satisfying in both flavor and effect. (I was trying to simulate the effect I get from Alpha Vape's "Heist" and Lazarus Vintage's "Compass")

10. Stacy1

Stacy1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Brunswick,GA,USA
    The TFA champagne did not work to give my dr pop any effect of carbonation. Just gave it a nasty "twang"

11. Das Auto

Das Auto Ultra Member Verified Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Pacific NW, USA
    What Rin Said, Champagne. I made a Sprite juice the other week, had that nice "carbonated soda buzz".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.