Carrying vaping gear thru airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaperInMaine

Verified Member
I will be flying to Texas to watch the Texans play the Patriots in December. I really don't want to pack my gear in my checked luggage. I have a small leather carrier that holds two Vea E-Cigs (smiliar in size to Ego-C), and a small sippered pouch that holds a few bottles, spare filled cartos, a filling syringe, droppers, etc... I hope to carry the zipper case in my carry on bag, and my leather carrier on my person.

The question is: Has anyone had any diffuculty with airport security? I'm concerned what they may think when my bags go thru X-Ray, and the actually E-Cigs get put in the tray that goes thru the x-ray. I will be one unhappy guy if my gear gets confiscated.

:unsure:

zanestone

Aug 21, 2013
Memphis, TN
I have only flown within europe so far with my devices and not had any issues. Keep them in your hand luggage and make sure your juice bottles are bagged and each bottle doesn't carry more ml than is specified for any type of liquid and you should be fine

I second this, I flew from Memphis to Atlanta, England, Amsterdam and Switzerland about 6 weeks ago and had no issues at any airport using this method.

I recently went travelling with my entire "kit":

eVic
Smoktech SID
Vamo V3
K100
+ various rebuilding tools, juices, clearomizers and atomizers.

I did some research before travelling and it seems that it really depends on who you get for screening. A lot of the mods can look like pipe bombs in X-Ray and cause issues. I put them all into a small case I saw promoted on Vapor Joes and just put it into my checked baggage. I have enough problems going through security without bringing any thing that "may" cause issues.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread