Carto Insertion & Removal Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Anyway, title and pics should say it all. Only oddball part is the handle. You can use anything. I used the plunger from an old set of multimeter alligator clip on leads. But cabinet handles, small screwdriver handles....etc, will work! Oh yeah, that is an IBtanked filler tool I used in the end, XL Boge carto with internals striped, 510 female to 510 male adapter and used epoxy putty to put it all together. It literally took less than 5 minutes to build.

What I like about this verses the factory made model is the ability to remove the handle (and that mine has a handle) and place it on the new carto, while the tube tank stays sealed. Some of my tanks can be a SOB to push the new carto back through and keep it from shooting all the way into the tank. This way it is impossible to overshoot.

So enjoy if you like, don't if you like! :):)

Last edited:

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
The old Hot Swap video made it look easy, but I think the Liquinator had loose O-rings. Is this for tighter oring tanks?
Liquinator Tank Carto Hot Swap - Hack Method.avi - YouTube

I did it for two reasons. My Billet Box tanks seem to super glue themselves in after a day (really, really, seriously really good o-rings) and I was tired of the sadomasochistic ritual that had become my hot swapping routine. The second was so many damn times since I switched to non flanged cartos on my other tanks, that sucker shot past the gasket and into the tank (pushing to hard maybe...don't know). Plus, there is a very good chance I could drop the freakn tank while working on it, having it sealed is great. So hell, building this was a no brainer for me.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Just adding a new easy suggestion for the handle topper. A 3 cc/ml syringe with the plunger removed and cut leaving an inch or so at the finger hold end makes a great handle end for the carto tool. And I started using a 510 female to whatever you find female that gets inserted into the handle. You only use the 510 end, so the other side doesn't matter. Then plug up the ends with epoxy.
Adapter Female 510 to Female 901/KR-808 - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread