The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Carto question

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by cgrassi75, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cgrassi75

cgrassi75 Full Member

May 14, 2013
    mass
    I bought Boge xl cartomizers for my Phiniac tank. Prepunched the carto. One carto has 2 holes and the other one has one hole. Why are they getting clogged? The juice is a 70/30 mix.

2. retired soldier

retired soldier Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2012
    Wyoming
    Welcome to the ECF, not enough info to help. Did you do the punching? how? etc. someone will be along that can help, I'm sure.

3. cgrassi75

cgrassi75 Full Member

May 14, 2013
    mass
    I did the punches myself. i used the DCT carto punch tool. I heard great things about the Boge cartomizers. Do you think I am maybe punching to big of a hole? I understand it is all experimental to a personal preference. I have been using the smoktech rsst and the richman atomizer but driving a truck all day it tends to leak a little when I place it down in the cubby hole. Thats why I want to use the tank setup for work. thanks for any help.

4. Hippieangst

Hippieangst Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Statesboro, GA
    The hole could be a bit big or it's the double hole. Could also be that the hole is in a bad spot. Did you over fill the carto itself? I've had similar issues with carto-tanks, and there's definitely a learning curve to getting the set up just right. Other possibilities: drawing too hard (long, slow draws with these)? Voltage too high? Too low? Good luck.

5. cgrassi75

cgrassi75 Full Member

May 14, 2013
    mass
    thanks. I will try to punch a smaller single hole and see how that does. any other tricks for these things or are they just what it is?

6. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    70/30 is only part of it. If your juice is thick and sweet, it'll clog any topper quick. If you take off your drip tip, the top of the filler should look very dry.

If it clogs after filling, turn it upside down and blow it out. Do you use a carto refilling tool?

7. III BIRDMAN III

III BIRDMAN III Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2013
    United States
    70/30 I suggest 1 small hole as low as possible.
    4 drops in the bottom to prim it.
    Slow draws in small bursts to get it going.

Hope that helps. Love my Cartos :p

8. cgrassi75

cgrassi75 Full Member

May 14, 2013
    mass
    yes I use a refilling tool. Man these things seem more complicated than just building a sub-ohm. Guess I just have to get into a routine like anything else. I will try the small hole. I will also try to blow the cartomizer out. Now to blow the clog you are saying blow from the adapter side not the drip tip side?

9. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    From the drip tip. You don't want juice going in the holes in the carto. ( if you have juice and the carto In the tank yet).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.