Help, why do my cartos keep flooding?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I just returned from a little beach time down in your neck of the woods, Panama City, and my primary devices, the smok DCTs were nearly useless. Any time they left the condo, floodsville. After 2 days I just resigned myself to leaving them in the cool condo where they worked fine. For going out and about, EVODs only (which flooded even, but far less). I wondered if folks who lived down there could ever use carto tanks. I would think a higher VG juice would help. If you have any Boba's or another all VG liquid, see if that helps.

It's too much of a hassle for me for the reasons you encountered. Any rapid change in temperature meant instant flooding and I finally gave up on using carto tanks. Extra wicking in BCC coil heads addresses most of the flooding problems with those, but there was nothing I could do to save the carto tank experience, so I gave up on it.

Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Gulf Coast. We think we live in paradise.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Gulf Coast. We think we live in paradise.

Indeed we did! Will probably make it an annual trip going forward. Would like to try somewhere less commercial, like Navarre or Santa Rosa Beach. Would love to see a Blue Angel air show from the beach in Pensacola someday. Bucket List for sure.

I got to see the Blue Angels once, at NAS Pensacola, in '96. In '98 I was stationed at MCAS Beaufort (SC) and actually got to ride 'Fat Albert' for the JATO. (I was lucky enough to receive the invite, when we delivered the JATO tanks to them on the flightline, that morning.

From 3g to negative 1g (in a C130!) at nose over. The Captain sitting next to me puked...fortunately it was on the Lieutenant on his right...not on me!

GOOD TIMES! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread