Carto question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
Quick question, do the 510 cartos typically come with primer on them and if so have any of y'all ever filled up your carto first ( before burning that junk off )? Again if so what did it taste like? Reason I am asking is I just got out a bottle that I had sitting in my fridge a month or so old, and I filled my carto ( a new one ) and vaped a little bit on it but good golly Ms. Molly I inhaled it a couple of times and it was like I was inhaling Pine Sol or something. I switched to an atty with a cartridge and filled it up with some 555 and everything was well but the other is nasty. Can't figure out if it is because of a new carto or the juice. I can put the juice in the other but the atty is old and almost on its last coil so not sure if I will get the same nastiness. Just curious, thanks.

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
Not that I know of...that's weird??? Blank cartos don't have primer in them that I know of and I've never come across that problem with any of my 510 cartos. I hope someone can come by and help you out further, but I've not com across this problem and I've used quit a few 510 cartos.

Thanks Bella, yeah I didn't think they did but this is beyond weird. I mean I hope it isn't the juice, I can just toss the carto and use some of my old ones. Really odd.

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
Hi Bulldog

I use 808 cartos and for me the 1st time you fill them the flavor is alil off and very intense.But after you toke on em for alil and top em off, the flavor goes back to normal.

Yeah I am fairly certain this one is bad. I honestly think it was burning the plastic. Will verify in a few minutes by putting it up to the smoke alarm and seeing if it sets it off.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Yeah I am fairly certain this one is bad. I honestly think it was burning the plastic. Will verify in a few minutes by putting it up to the smoke alarm and seeing if it sets it off.

bulldog, i know for certain that i read storing juice in the fridge will ruin it. somebody lost an awful lot of their inventory that way. i can't for the life of me remember where i came across it but i know i did, and it was here on ecf. maybe search for ....juice refrigerator....

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
bulldog, i know for certain that i read storing juice in the fridge will ruin it. somebody lost an awful lot of their inventory that way. i can't for the life of me remember where i came across it but i know i did, and it was here on ecf. maybe search for ....juice refrigerator....

Yeah, you know Drozd brought that up the other day to me, and while I don't doubt the authenticity of it I don't think it has ever affected mine. Maybe it did I dunno, guess I need to just find a box to put this stuff in but the carto is certainly bad, no doubt about it. Thanks to all.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Wasn't it Pure Vapor that lost all that juice? I remember that too, tib and think I read about it over in the DIY subforum. I guess it's okay with unflavored but does something to make the flavorings go bad.

mondotoker760, can I steal your word alil? :D That's toooo cute! hehe I won't really steal it, but maybe we could clone it?

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
mondotoker760, can I steal your word alil? :D That's toooo cute! hehe I won't really steal it, but maybe we could clone it?

Ditto on "alil". Great word. Love mondo's avatar, too!:blush:

Can I hijack the thread a little with some carto questions? :unsure:

808 cartos make me cough with every drag, and only one got better (a little) with time, so I gave up on them.

510s worked better at first but could get hot and I hated the prefilled flavor. They did vape well and consistently for a long time, but I haven't had ANY luck refilling. I'm confident I'm refilling properly, but they never taste or work right again.

I pretty much drip, but I'd like to figure out my carto issues. Anybody?

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
Ditto on "alil". Great word. Love mondo's avatar, too!:blush:

Can I hijack the thread a little with some carto questions? :unsure:

808 cartos make me cough with every drag, and only one got better (a little) with time, so I gave up on them.

510s worked better at first but could get hot and I hated the prefilled flavor. They did vape well and consistently for a long time, but I haven't had ANY luck refilling. I'm confident I'm refilling properly, but they never taste or work right again.

I pretty much drip, but I'd like to figure out my carto issues. Anybody?

Which refill method are you using? I've been an 808 user for a bit, and I get the best results with the "pop the top" method as opposed to the carto-condom method. I just got my first 510 carto today, and yes, I agree with the OP...It doesn't taste right. I put my trusty Green Apple juice in it, and it has a weird, dark taste to it when I vape it in the 510 carto. Doesn't taste right at all.

However, something I did try is swapping the original 510 carto rubber stopper-thing with one out of a V4L premium carto, and it fits perfectly. Gives a little more airspace inside the carto, too. Oh, when doing the swap I removed the little clear silicone piece from the carto, made it so refills only require popping the cap with my trusty iPhone SIM remover tool. :)

**Update**

I just dropped another 15ish drops into the 510 carto...Big ones...made sure it was *saturated*, and it's tasting MUCH better. One of the first things I noticed about these is it looks as though there's a full-fledged 510 atty inside of these wonderful devices, so it seems that I have to prime it as though I were dripping (i.e. throw a couple drops straight down the hole) to get it in proper order. :D

Last edited:

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Which refill method are you using? I've been an 808 user for a bit, and I get the best results with the "pop the top" method as opposed to the carto-condom method. I just got my first 510 carto today, and yes, I agree with the OP...It doesn't taste right. I put my trusty Green Apple juice in it, and it has a weird, dark taste to it when I vape it in the 510 carto. Doesn't taste right at all.

However, something I did try is swapping the original 510 carto rubber stopper-thing with one out of a V4L premium carto, and it fits perfectly. Gives a little more airspace inside the carto, too. Oh, when doing the swap I removed the little clear silicone piece from the carto, made it so refills only require popping the cap with my trusty iPhone SIM remover tool. :)

**Update**

I just dropped another 15ish drops into the 510 carto...Big ones...made sure it was *saturated*, and it's tasting MUCH better. One of the first things I noticed about these is it looks as though there's a full-fledged 510 atty inside of these wonderful devices, so it seems that I have to prime it as though I were dripping (i.e. throw a couple drops straight down the hole) to get it in proper order. :D

I've refilled both ways. For me, the original 808s were basically not vapable. However, I just got some 808s from Gunjji's co-op (I ordered because someone said they were comparable to the turbos/premiums), and they are FAR superior to the original ones I had. Next, I'm trying the 4081 cartos from Trueman through Tibur's co-op.

Maybe I'll revisit my 510 cartos. Yours were blanks, I assume? Are they basic 510s or some new variation? Mine are basics and vaped well, but the prefill juice was not good and when I refilled, they just tasted dry and bad no matter how wet they were. I usually popped the top for refilling, but tried both ways. I'd say maybe I need to prime them like you said, but...Could it need priming AND dump juice in my mouth at the same time? And this is after vaping out the bad prefill juice? :?:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread