Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
3ml Triple V Polypro Tank

First of all, this is NOT a rant.

My vaping guru got a hold of a bunch of these after another fellow vaper recommended them. He swears by them. They are the kind with grommets and a screw that you can remove to refill the tank. I think this idea is awesome.

He ordered one for me, and when I got, I was stoked. I'd already emailed the vendor asking if you could use Smoktech replacement cartos (flanged), and he said you probably could use them. There would be a noticeable length between the tank and the drip tip, but eh, who cares.

Anyway, I brought it home and started fiddling with it (this is where user error comes in). The carto wasn't flanged. I popped off the drip tip and tried to push it out of the tank with my fingers. It wouldn't budge. So I tried to grip it from the threaded connector end and it wouldn't come out. I scratched my head. I popped off the top cap, then pushed the carto down as gently as I could, and the bottom cap popped off. Gah! I was more frustrated with myself than the device.

I reassembled the tank instantly, and then tried to re-insert the carto. It refused to go through the top cap. No matter how gently or gingerly I tried to get that sucker back up, it would only push the tank's top cap back off. Hmph, I put it on the shelf. I'll give it back to him tomorrow.

Also, on a side note, he ordered 2.0 ohm low res cartos, and when he got them today, all of the cartos checked out on his Provari as 3.1 ohms, and 2.9 ohms on my Vamo. :-(

I know this is user error, because my friend who got it for me swears by them. I gave it a quick whirl, but decided within a few minutes these are not for me. I love my Smoktech carto tanks and cartos.

Like I said, this is not a rant. Just sharing my thoughts. Anybody else love 'em like my friend? Like I said, it's an awesome idea. I wish Smoktech would add this feature to their tanks.

Atlexus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Norcross, GA
If you have a thin drip tip it slides on easy
yjy7urut.jpg

You just put the drip tip on the cartomizer first then put the top cap on the tip and it'll fit easily on the cartomizer.

-Atlexus

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are these the grommet tanks without endcaps?

I absolutely HATE those. I got two of the original Triple V pyrex tanks that had those grommets. It was before Ray at Valley View got endcaps for them. The ones that I had didn't have a fill hole, so you had to fill the tank with a blunt needle stuck between the glass and the grommet. Sticking the needle in pulls the grommet into the tank with it. After filling, you then have to "tease" the grommet back into place with a dental pick tool.

When Ray started to offer the endcaps, I was first in line. These aren't bad tanks with true endcaps on.

VVV-7ml-tank2.jpg Triple_V_pyrex_1.JPG
before and after endcaps
_____

Atlexus, what drip tip are you using? That's nice. :thumb:

Last edited:

carynjahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
South Carolina
View attachment 176355

I hate it. Great concept, needs LOTS of refining.

It appears you have the tank upside down. The screw is supposed to be on the top. I have some of these tanks and I like them. They hold up well and once you get the hang of changing the carto out it's pretty simple. Takes about 2 minutes.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    3ml Triple V Polypro Tank

First of all, this is NOT a rant.

My vaping guru got a hold of a bunch of these after another fellow vaper recommended them. He swears by them. They are the kind with grommets and a screw that you can remove to refill the tank. I think this idea is awesome.

He ordered one for me, and when I got, I was stoked. I'd already emailed the vendor asking if you could use Smoktech replacement cartos (flanged), and he said you probably could use them. There would be a noticeable length between the tank and the drip tip, but eh, who cares.

Anyway, I brought it home and started fiddling with it (this is where user error comes in). The carto wasn't flanged. I popped off the drip tip and tried to push it out of the tank with my fingers. It wouldn't budge. So I tried to grip it from the threaded connector end and it wouldn't come out. I scratched my head. I popped off the top cap, then pushed the carto down as gently as I could, and the bottom cap popped off. Gah! I was more frustrated with myself than the device.

I reassembled the tank instantly, and then tried to re-insert the carto. It refused to go through the top cap. No matter how gently or gingerly I tried to get that sucker back up, it would only push the tank's top cap back off. Hmph, I put it on the shelf. I'll give it back to him tomorrow.

Also, on a side note, he ordered 2.0 ohm low res cartos, and when he got them today, all of the cartos checked out on his Provari as 3.1 ohms, and 2.9 ohms on my Vamo. :-(

I know this is user error, because my friend who got it for me swears by them. I gave it a quick whirl, but decided within a few minutes these are not for me. I love my Smoktech carto tanks and cartos.

Like I said, this is not a rant. Just sharing my thoughts. Anybody else love 'em like my friend? Like I said, it's an awesome idea. I wish Smoktech would add this feature to their tanks.

Love'em!! They're all I use. I get mine from Momnpop tho, they're nicer.

IF my carto goes bad- take out screw, suck out juice.

Disassembly- Leave drip tip ON, push everything out with your thumb on drip tip into soapy sink.

Reassembly- Put grommet on bottom of carto, insert into tank, put drip tip on, slide top grommet over and into tank.

I guess they're mostly for people that mostly want a quick easy fill and need it to NEVER slide off. If you have tricky cartos or need to fool with your juice- then maybe these aren't the best. I also like that I can use an inexpensive short Boge in the 6ml. tank.

Also great for those that punch their own cartos- you can dent them all you want and they fit fine. No need to buy flanges or laser holes.

Last edited:

MrPicC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2012
    Lone Star State
    If you need any help with VVV tanks Send me a PM.. I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to valley vapes and with 25+ vvv tanks I can offer any assistance needed.. With a little practice filling up grommet tanks are really easy and take seconds.. Capped tanks are easier on the eyes but grommets have never let me down.. Filling between the glass and the grommet doesn't work. It's much much easier to fill between the grommet and the carto..

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    If you need any help with VVV tanks Send me a PM.. I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to valley vapes and with 25+ vvv tanks I can offer any assistance needed.. With a little practice filling up grommet tanks are really easy and take seconds.. Capped tanks are easier on the eyes but grommets have never let me down.. Filling between the glass and the grommet doesn't work. It's much much easier to fill between the grommet and the carto..

Thanks for the offer, but I long ago replaced the grommets with metal endcaps.

I tried filling the tanks with the original grommets both ways; between the glass and the carto, I consider both ways to be a PITA. With the aid of the Slap Yo Moma tank tool I can fill any of my tanks with endcaps in less than a minute. I prefer not needing to use a needle & syringe as much as possible. Just my :2c:

MrPicC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Thanks for the offer, but I long ago replaced the grommets with metal endcaps.

I tried filling the tanks with the original grommets both ways; between the glass and the carto, I consider both ways to be a PITA. With the aid of the Slap Yo Moma tank tool I can fill any of my tanks with endcaps in less than a minute. I prefer not needing to use a needle & syringe as much as possible. Just my :2c:

That offer wasn't for you :p Your a pro by now.. but i absolutely agree and have also put my grommets in a box. All tanks are now capped.
    Life before the Slap yo momma tool was sooo hard :)
    I still need the syringe for the little polypros my girl uses but slowly getting her to use ibtanks which are easier for me to fill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    The Clock Barrens, Fillory
    It actually doesn't matter where the screw is. I've had it toward the top and toward the bottom, works well either way. I agree the grommets are a pain, but I've gotten used to them. The one nice thing is that they are so thick that even the one I sliced almost the whole way through still works and doesn't leak.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread