Cartomiser Cleaning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
I seem to have happened onto a method that works for cleaning Caros and extending their lifespan...
problem is most people will not have the tools to use this method...Srry its not perfect but for me I have kept 2 5ohm cartos going vaping heavily on them for 2 1/2 months using multiple flavors w/o the flavors clashing...
Note if you do not have a compressor w good filters to keep oil out of your cartos this wont help you again srry

1 keep them wet so Use those carto condoms...

2 once a week or when you want to change flavors fill them with PGA let it soak about 2 min

3 set your air to 20-30psi and using an air gun with the rubber tip hold the tip to the mouth end of the carto (remove the rubber tip of the carto first!!!) hold tightly to the carto if it comes loose the filler will pop out from the pressure going back out the way it came in (BIGGER HOLE)...

4 (wash rinse repeat)...you will know when it is clean the filler will be pristine white and you will not be able to smell the juice that was last in it...however I cannot state enough (HOLD THE CARTO TIGHTLY!!!!) I killed 3 cartos getting this method perfected...

5 occasionally you will have to use a long needle to re-align the air shaft inside the carto so you can see through it if you don't it will be very hard to get a draw...

I hope this helps a few people I know not everyone has an air compressor or the proper filters...
I recommend against doing this if you do not have Air filters appropriate for automotive painting or if you have an automatic oiling system...you will ruin the carto

Do not try this with Canned Air it will leave chemicals behind which are TOXIC!!

Good luck! and Vape on..:vapor:

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
Seriously...any compressor will do I have these but a pancake w same or similar filters will do...

Kind of prohibitive to go out and buy for simply extending the life of cartos a few months...

60 Gallon Air Compressor - 2 Stage, 5 HP, 165 PSI

Sharpe 880A Air Control Filter, Model# 880A | Filters, Lubricators + Regulators | Northern Tool + Equipment

beyond that I am unsure of the exact requirements to remove impurities from an air supply...I just know mine has a cheap and an expensive air filtration system and I could fill scuba tanks w my setup...lol(at least one of my friends who is a dive instructor says)

Last edited:

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
For cartos I use a flavor injector for meat, the kind that you find in a kitchen that looks like a giant syringe and a rubber grip that you can find on a lot of ink pens. Put the rubber grip on the bottom of the injector (instead of that giant needle) and put the carto in the other end. Then all you have to do is get a bowl of hot water and suck the water up through the carto and syringe then pu.... back out. Do that a few times and the carto is as good as new.

epresley

Aug 2, 2011
Hoover,AL
Thank you! After months with attys I am new to cartos. Just been learning them over the past day or two. My first question was what to do when you want to change flavors - this is exactly what I was after!

This is going to be so much fun! I can get out my ultrasonic cleaner to clean the attys and at the same time break out the air compressor for the cartos, all while mixing my next batch of DIY juice and charging batteries. I am enjoying fiddling with all of this stuff almost as much as I do vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread