Cartomizer lasting time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerri Ross

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Amarillo TX
So, somewhere on here yesterday, I cant find it now, some guy said his carto's last all freaking day! Man, not mine! I put in a few drops, use a stick pin to move filler, trying to get it to go down, repeat until it looks "slushy".
Well, I have to do that every 10-15 hits! It tastes dry, and looks completely dry. With every juice Ive used! Am I doing something wrong? Do I vape too much or something?
How often do you vape? I'd say I take 3 in a row, Like 1 every minute, then put it down for 5 or so minutes. Is that normal? And yes, Im using the biggest nic I can, 36mg, with no over dosing lol. If it matters, I have an eGo.
I know you guys are prolly tired of my questions, IM SORRY!! Lol! I do try the search tho.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
The quality of cartos varies widely. I've had some cheap ones that were like that and I've had some that I've washed and filled probably 30 times that still worked. It could also be an issue with your juice. If the juice is thicker it doesn't wick as well as thinner juice. Also darker liquids tend to gum up the coil pretty quickly.

You may need to experiment with other cartos and different liquids to see which is the culprit.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
What cartomizer are you using? Make sure you fill them full that first fill-some take 40-50 drops then yes you have to keep topping them off. I am a very heavy vaper-it rarely leaves my hand. I switched to using a prepunched carto in a tank. I refill my tank twice a day and thats it. Here is where I got my tanks and my punched cartos. Hoosier E Cig Supply I am sure others will chime in and offer their suggestions too. Hang in there, fiddling is just a part of vaping at first.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
J tank is awesome with the Boge cartos and punching is easy peasy with a saddle valve from Lowes/Home Depot or any hardware store in the plumbing department... Just make sure when you punch the hole visually look in the mouth piece end and make sure the little wire that loops out the center tube is pointing away or to the side from the direction you are punching. Nick that wire and the carto is toast. If you are using thicker juices or high VG you will need 2 holes opposite sides.

When filling your cartos whether its going in the tank or regular use try flicking the carto like you would an old style mercury thermometer every 6 or 8 drops. You will see the the juice will be forced down in to the bottom and repeat until the batting is slushy on top. I use a syringe (Luer Lock 16 gauge) since most of my juices are quite thick and easier to get the juice to the bottom.

Cartos in the J tank last me up to 2 or 3 weeks....

Here is a vid with a section on using the saddle valve to punch...

Hope this helps... Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread