Cartomizer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm not new to vaping, but I am new to the KR8 (Vapor4Life) so I figured I should ask here. This has probably been asked a hundred times, though - sorry.

How long does a new cartomiser last before it needs refilling? I chain vape - so how long in hours or minutes of constant puffing? I have heard they take about 30 drops of juice when you refill them. My penstyle takes that much juice in a cart, and only lasts about 90 minutes. Granted, I'm sure I loose a lot due to leakage. If the KR8 burns juice at the same rate, I won't be farther ahead of the game cost-wise.

Another reason I ask about the life of a filled carto is so that I will have some idea of when to start looking for the change in flavor that tells me when to change cartos. I hope I will recognize it when I see (or taste) it.

I have noticed that I only get vapor every other puff when I am speed vaping. Is this normal? I haven't figured out the mechanics of a KR8 yet. I know cartomizers work differently from the cart plus atty combination.

My Blu is always going to have a special place in my heart, but the poor little thing can't keep up with my chain vaping. I hate giving up my RN4072, but I am sick of the constant leaking and the amount of juice it burns through. Maybe I will see why the KR8 is so popular and find a new PV love. (I feel so fickle)

Thanks for any help,
~A

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
Don't know if this will help, Angelique, but my experience is that I will go through about three cartomizers (510's not KR808s) per day, compared to 4-5 510 mega cartridges. So, ymmv, but I'd say more like 2 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on your particular vaping habits. I do find, however, that a cartomizer's vapor will drop off well before it is dry; and that cartos produce less vapor for me than atomizers. Still, they are really convenient.

Last edited:

Lola69

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I must have lucked out with my 510 cartomizers then. I got them from Jack at Happy Vaper (Cdn). I am a chain vaper (my eGo is literally in my hand/mouth) all the time, and I am still on the same carto for the last three days. I refill every 20 minutes or so and am using a drip tip so I just drip about 10 drops through the opening. I have yet to feel any drop off in vapour production and every time I draw, I hear the little 'pop' of the cartomizer about to dispense the vape. Maybe this one is a lucky one and the rest may truly be disposable but after having refilled this particular one about 30 times, I can highly recommend these cartos! I have tried the KR808's but found a metallic taste to them......nothing like that to speak of on these 510's.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I got a pack of Wowboy and two packs of premiums cartos from V4L. I am using XL auto batteries.

Not having ordered from them, I understand the Wowboy cartos are related to the juice they use. The premiums have a lower ohm rating so in turn would burn through juice a little quicker.

I know the Cool Carts are similar to the Nhaler Megas and V9 Turbos. IMO they're the best cartomizer on the market to date. They burn cooler, hold more liquid and produce nice vapor.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
If you vape much, then going through eliquid is normal, maybe the comfort of not having to fill one up more than once a day could help.

There are 2 new high volume cartomizers, one of them I am already trying, but it's
for the eGo. (eGo cartomizer, 2.5ml)

The other one is a TURBO XL Cartomizer, it looks just like the V4L cartomizer, I believe, except it's almost 50% longer (51..mm). I have not tried it yet.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
<snip>

I refill every 20 minutes or so and am using a drip tip so I just drip about 10 drops through the opening.

<snip>

I use an 808 and do this. About 6-8 drops every half hour or so thru a drip tip (I don't remove the stuffing. Just the hard cap and the clear soft one, stick in the drip tip and go)

I really love the 808 having come from the leaking, undependable "new" 901 attys.

I'm using a 6V box mod.

I've been using the carto I'm vaping on now for 2 weeks, but I switch flavors usually 3 times a day, so have 3 in rotation ATM.

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
i vape about every hour or so. sometimes more sometimes less. I normally fill my cart up 1-2 per day. I usually put 15 drops in the cart. the first sign i taste of less to no liquid, then i fill it and continue.

if i was to chain vape all day, i would say i would have to fill the same cart 4-5 times per day. but thats just IMO.

RollTheBones

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Wisconsin
Don't know if this will help, Angelique, but my experience is that I will go through about three cartomizers (510's not KR808s) per day, compared to 4-5 510 mega cartridges. So, ymmv, but I'd say more like 2 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on your particular vaping habits. I do find, however, that a cartomizer's vapor will drop off well before it is dry; and that cartos produce less vapor for me than atomizers. Still, they are really convenient.

Am I reading this right....3 a day @ aprox. $5 each is $15.

I thought this was supposed to be cheaper than regular cigs?! That's like two packs a day...er...confused here.

RollTheBones

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Wisconsin
They're about $1 each, and refillable.

I'm still refilling ones from over a month ago. (tho I switch flavors often so have about 5 in rotation)

(I think you're thinking the $5 price is for a single. That's for a pack of 5)

Ah, ok. Confused a little, thanks for clearing that up :)

I dont see prices like that, Vapor4Life has them between $7-$9 for a five pack.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
How long does a new cartomiser last before it needs refilling? I chain vape - so how long in hours or minutes of constant puffing? I have heard they take about 30 drops of juice when you refill them. My penstyle takes that much juice in a cart, and only lasts about 90 minutes. Granted, I'm sure I loose a lot due to leakage. If the KR8 burns juice at the same rate, I won't be farther ahead of the game cost-wise.

Another reason I ask about the life of a filled carto is so that I will have some idea of when to start looking for the change in flavor that tells me when to change cartos. I hope I will recognize it when I see (or taste) it.

I have noticed that I only get vapor every other puff when I am speed vaping. Is this normal? I haven't figured out the mechanics of a KR8 yet. I know cartomizers work differently from the cart plus atty combination.
All cartomizers are not created equal Angel, so cut and dry answers to your questions will not be possible. One of the differences with cartomizers is the amount of filler material inside the tube and I think that will mostly apply to your questions.

Judging from the ones I use, some hold up to about 20 drops, some up to about 30 drops, and some hold above 30 drops. I don't know how much the ones from V4L hold, so cannot make any predictions about how long they will last for you. However, I can say that your XL battery is a better match for the ones that hold more than 30 drops, such as the Turbos from
Vapor Nine - Nebula Turbo (KR808)

For my use with this combination, the battery charge begins to drop off significantly at about the same time that the cartomizer juice is becoming weak. When I find myself pulling longer to get my hit, it's time to recharge and rotate to another filled cartomizer.

I don't have a problem when I speed vape, but that is probably because I use a rather thin tobacco juice. If your juice is thick, it may not wick fast enough to keep up with your habit.

br

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread