Cartomizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
When I bought my IBTanked tanks I also ordered the Smok cartos with the flange. Nice feature because of the flange stopping the carto from being pushed through the tank. I wanted to try the Boge slotted cartos so ordered some of those. I didn't look at the images close enough when ordering so didn't realize they didn't have the flange.

I really like the Boge now that I have figured out how to get it situated in the tank but have noticed without the flange can't really tighten the tank down as it makes for a really tight draw. I had to back the tank a smiggen and now am getting a more open draw. Anyone else using the Boge or other cartos without the flange and have any other tips or tricks for those? Thanks!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I have used a non flanged without issue in the past. I prefer the flanged as it gives that stop when installing the cartomizer, not much room between popping through that top oring and being in place. One trick is to grab enough of the threaded bottom end between a thumb and forefinger so that the tank stops on your fingers before pushing it in too far.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
I have used a non flanged without issue in the past. I prefer the flanged as it gives that stop when installing the cartomizer, not much room between popping through that top oring and being in place. One trick is to grab enough of the threaded bottom end between a thumb and forefinger so that the tank stops on your fingers before pushing it in too far.

Thanks. I like the Boges but still like the Smok better. Won't order any more Boges.

karlmetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
NW Florida
Problem with the flanged cartos is they take up space so that the tank is not flush with the battery, a beauty ring will help. Some tanks have a recess to allow for the flange. My Provari beauty ring is loose when using a flanged carto and IBTanked tank (no flange recess). Minor irritation, I need to look for a slightly taller beauty ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread