Cartomizer Refilling Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingRS

Feb 24, 2010
Racine, WI
Greetings,

I have been lurking for awhile now and use a VaporKing auto with carts. I tried refilling some carts tonight and out of 3 refills I flooded 2 of them. I tried using Taryn's spin method and (for example) I had about 13 drops of Hilton left so I put it in the cart and into a battery sock and spun it some. It looked just like the instruction said it should, but then when I tried to use it it was flooded and took quite a bit of blowing out for it to function. It seems the juice is gathering at the bottom (possibly) and that is causing the problems. I get no vapor and a lot of gurgling. The only one the method worked on and that I got 28 drops on was with Smilin' Special Menthol.

I have also tried the refilling method from the VaporKing user guide, but at 18 drops it floods them too (at times).

Any suggestions/tips on what I should do?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I use kr808d-1 cartos but I toss the caps and rings drip 18 in the mouthpiece end holding the carto at a 45 degree angle. Do a thermometer shake down and put the condum on with a little hole in it for the mouthpiece and when I need to refill I just take off the condum put in 10 to 15 drops put condum back on and vape. It's fast easy and no mess or all them syringes and other stuff.

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Since you are using V4L, head over to the Vapor4Life forum on the ECF Approved Vendors section, here is a link to a recent thread from Leaford containing a really good video: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tomizer-condom-filling-method-taryn-spin.html

Essentially, you are getting juice in the center tube, probably from over-filling. Use the condom cap method, fill the cap about half full, slowly push the mouthpiece end into the cup until it hits the bottom or just starts to bubble through the cart hole on the battery end. Remove condom cap, blow through the battery end hole into a napkin to clear out the center tube (once you get good at this, you will find this step is rarely necessary if at all), wipe off and your are done. People that have trouble like you are describing generally try to put too much juice in. Once you get the hang of it should take well under a minute to refill a cart, and you can quickly fill a handful that should last you a couple days. I typically refill about 25-30 carts in a half- hour total once a week, you might need more or less depending on your vape rate. You can get more in the carts combining this method with the spin, but once you get used to swapping them out more often, you shouldn't need to try to fill them so full every time. Make sure you DO NOT keep using them once they start to taste harsh or get hot - replace and set aside until you can refill.

There is always a lot of discussion and support over on the V4L page, you will get quick answers to most any question or problem you might have over there.

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Since you are using V4L, head over to the Vapor4Life forum on the ECF Approved Vendors section, here is a link to a recent thread from Leaford containing a really good video: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tomizer-condom-filling-method-taryn-spin.html

Essentially, you are getting juice in the center tube, probably from over-filling. Use the condom cap method, fill the cap about half full, slowly push the mouthpiece end into the cup until it hits the bottom or just starts to bubble through the cart hole on the battery end. Remove condom cap, blow through the battery end hole into a napkin to clear out the center tube (once you get good at this, you will find this step is rarely necessary if at all), wipe off and your are done. People that have trouble like you are describing generally try to put too much juice in. Once you get the hang of it should take well under a minute to refill a cart, and you can quickly fill a handful that should last you a couple days. I typically refill about 25-30 carts in a half- hour total once a week, you might need more or less depending on your vape rate. You can get more in the carts combining this method with the spin, but once you get used to swapping them out more often, you shouldn't need to try to fill them so full every time. Make sure you DO NOT keep using them once they start to taste harsh or get hot - replace and set aside until you can refill.

There is always a lot of discussion and support over on the V4L page, you will get quick answers to most any question or problem you might have over there.

I agree, I have had great luck with combining both methods, CCFM first then spin, then CCFM again.
And the V4L forum is great for support:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread