Cartomizer vs. CE3

Status
Not open for further replies.

reg190

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Poconos, PA
I just tried the "condom method" to fill a leftover cartomizer I had from my starter kit, even though I own several CE3s. I just wanted to give something different a try and see what it was all about. So far, from my observations, the cartomizer is producing a warmer vapor, but it's less flavorful.

I was just wondering about others who have tried both and their interpretations on this. What do you guys think?

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
ditto.
While I found the carto's durable, once I tried a CE3, I really haven't gone back [except for emergencies].

You might want to sample other delivery systems, like the x2 clearo and T3. Each have their positives and draw backs.

For flavor, I think the CE3 rules, but I now prefer the T3 for ease of filling, and less frequent filling. Also, the T3's seem more durable. I found the CE3's coils gave out on me quickly.

reg190

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Poconos, PA
ditto.
While I found the carto's durable, once I tried a CE3, I really haven't gone back [except for emergencies].

You might want to sample other delivery systems, like the x2 clearo and T3. Each have their positives and draw backs.

For flavor, I think the CE3 rules, but I now prefer the T3 for ease of filling, and less frequent filling. Also, the T3's seem more durable. I found the CE3's coils gave out on me quickly.

I'm going to definitely try out the T3 but I have to wait for my income tax return because I'm going to splurge a bit and buy a spinner, T3, and some new flavors.

I've considered the other clearomizers but so far I'm really enjoying the CE3s save for some annoying issues I run into every so often.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
I started with the cartos and filling them myself but after trying the CE3s, I didnt go back either. The CE3s at this point have lasted me much longer and they taste better. The carto doesn't win too much on flavor to start but it kept getting worse with each fill. Although you can boil them to clean them as suggested, I didn't see the point.

I agree with trying different delivery systems. I have bought everything that SI sells and I like the T3 and the CE3s, still use both.

reg190

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Poconos, PA
I started with the cartos and filling them myself but after trying the CE3s, I didnt go back either. The CE3s at this point have lasted me much longer and they taste better. The carto doesn't win too much on flavor to start but it kept getting worse with each fill. Although you can boil them to clean them as suggested, I didn't see the point.

I agree with trying different delivery systems. I have bought everything that SI sells and I like the T3 and the CE3s, still use both.

Yea I guess I'm a bit spoiled since I dove in head-first and went for the CE3s right at the start. Had some bumps here and there (mostly human error but I think one of my CE3s was just botched) but overall I love the CE3 for flavor.

The only problem I'm having is that I have to clean the CE3 with water each time I fill because for some reason no matter how I use them they tend to overfill into the air hole in the middle. Not a crazy big problem but one with which I haven't yet found a solution for either.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
"overfill" meaning when you fill them?

That could be because you need to pull the juice off the coil when filling, you are filling them too quickly or they could be wet when you fill them (it would thin out the juice a little). Just water will not stay in any of my CE3s....not saying it can't be done, just saying that plain water doesn't stay in the ones I use. You dont need all of the juice to fall to bottom, just pull it away a bit. Banging them around too much may do more harm than good. You could just stop filling when it hits the bottom of the barrel instead of trying to hit the line too.

I actually stopped cleaning them as often, even with juice changes and honestly, they are fine.

Funny story, I gave my wife a CE3 (she has been using all cartos). First, she said that it didn't work - I pulled the post down a bit and tried it, it worked and gave it back to her. Second, she came back to me and said it wouldn't work - I put it on the battery and it didn't pull so I unscrewed it slightly, told her it works and gave it back to her. Last time, she said it leaked all over the place - I put it on a battery, it worked and I gave it back to her without doing anything. She has only had it for two days.

It just takes a little bit of time, don't over-think it and if you are having too much trouble with one, toss it and use a new one - it is less than half a pack of cigarettes anyway.

reg190

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Poconos, PA
"overfill" meaning when you fill them?

That could be because you need to pull the juice off the coil when filling, you are filling them too quickly or they could be wet when you fill them (it would thin out the juice a little). Just water will not stay in any of my CE3s....not saying it can't be done, just saying that plain water doesn't stay in the ones I use. You dont need all of the juice to fall to bottom, just pull it away a bit. Banging them around too much may do more harm than good. You could just stop filling when it hits the bottom of the barrel instead of trying to hit the line too.

I actually stopped cleaning them as often, even with juice changes and honestly, they are fine.

Funny story, I gave my wife a CE3 (she has been using all cartos). First, she said that it didn't work - I pulled the post down a bit and tried it, it worked and gave it back to her. Second, she came back to me and said it wouldn't work - I put it on the battery and it didn't pull so I unscrewed it slightly, told her it works and gave it back to her. Last time, she said it leaked all over the place - I put it on a battery, it worked and I gave it back to her without doing anything. She has only had it for two days.

It just takes a little bit of time, don't over-think it and if you are having too much trouble with one, toss it and use a new one - it is less than half a pack of cigarettes anyway.

What I mean is that I've tried to fill them up before they've run completely out and dry burned and liquid ALWAYS goes through the air hole in the middle. I've tried a million different things, such as the "fever flick" that awsum recommended and pulling the air out with a syringe like outlaw vaper recommended...nothing works. I'm filling them very slowly too. For whatever reason even when they're low the wicks I guess are holding a lot of juice.

I've found that the only remedy for that is to clean them with water and then fill. It's not that big of a pain but enough to be annoying.

I'm a mostly a carto only guy...for me simple is just better.

Have you tried anything else? I'm vaping with a carto I refilled and although it's enjoyable the vapor has significantly less flavor than CE3s.

CurlyK

Dec 9, 2009
Las Vegas
What I mean is that I've tried to fill them up before they've run completely out and dry burned and liquid ALWAYS goes through the air hole in the middle. I've tried a million different things, such as the "fever flick" that awsum recommended and pulling the air out with a syringe like outlaw vaper recommended...nothing works. I'm filling them very slowly too. For whatever reason even when they're low the wicks I guess are holding a lot of juice.

I've found that the only remedy for that is to clean them with water and then fill. It's not that big of a pain but enough to be annoying.

Have you tried anything else? I'm vaping with a carto I refilled and although it's enjoyable the vapor has significantly less flavor than CE3s.

Mine leak like that sometimes when I am filling them, but it is only one drop. If there is liquid near one of the holes, the pressure of filling it pushes a drop of liquid out.

reg190

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Poconos, PA
Mine leak like that sometimes when I am filling them, but it is only one drop. If there is liquid near one of the holes, the pressure of filling it pushes a drop of liquid out.

Yea it's definitely more than a "drop" for me. More like I push a twisted napkin up into the air hole and the whole thing gets soaked lol.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
What I Like:......Nanos , but only with the auto 65's and 78's, manuals heat 'em up too much, not good for "Chain"or "Power" vaping, flavor is fine. X2 manual and auto with the T3, IMO the flavor is a bit muted compared to a carto, but sometimes a cleaner burn (if that makes sense), slower draw can sometimes bring more flavor, perfect for "chain" or "power" vaping. Cartos with either auto or manual 65's and 78's....cartos can be finicky as to the draw....thicker liquids are great at first but can burn near the end of the juice, especially with a manual, automatics are my workhorses when out and about, flavor and draw are consistant to the end of the juice. If you like a bit more flavor, use a manual and draw a bit slower. This has been a statement of opinion on the part of station management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread