Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Exactly! That's why it takes so damn long, b/c I have to un-flood it! It's quick to fill, but a pain in the ... to clean up!

It's quick to fill that way?

So wait a minute; if (and I don't have cartos btw) I keep some 50/50 0nic as primer fluid and use that to quick prime cartos that way -... backwards-

that would work right? forgetting about the 'mess' the 50/50 0nic primer fluid is cheap, and forget the taste, I often vape unflavored anyway

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Ahh. Maybe I misunderstood you. So you're only dripping the liquid down into the carto after you've filled the tank, and the carto is back in the tank? If that's the case, then just drip some liquid down the side at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees around, avoiding getting liquid into the center hole.

I don't put as much as you mentioned, but just a drop or 2 to get things started.

Then, put the drip tip back on, and do a dry hit (suck without firing) to draw, and you should be ok. Again caveat is I'm new, but that's the way I've been doing it with carto tanks.

No, I fill the carto first, then the tank, but I think filling the tank first then the carto with a toothpick in the center sounds a million times easier/less messy and doesn't sound like it takes much time.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
I've also noticed that I don't really get a lot of vapor, in fact some of my 'clouds' are pretty wimpy lol.

Any ideas or suggestions, or is this just what I have to deal with to get a good flavor? :confused:

I use SmokTech's 3ohm single coil 3 hole cartos (have some 2ohm single coild 2 hole cartos on the way). My juice is 70/30 or 60/40.

you'll probably have much better experience with the 2 hole. 3 holes lets in too much with juice that thin.

put in the new carto, fill the tank 2/3 way, stick a toothpick in the botton hole and take some good dry pulls. then flood the top, blow it out, refill the tank and vape!

I didn't read through the whole thread, forgive me if this has already been said.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
It's quick to fill that way?

So wait a minute; if (and I don't have cartos btw) I keep some 50/50 0nic as primer fluid and use that to quick prime cartos that way -... backwards-

that would work right? forgetting about the 'mess' the 50/50 0nic primer fluid is cheap, and forget the taste, I often vape unflavored anyway

I'm not sure if that was an actual question or if that was sarcasm at it's best, but yes it's actually really quick b/c all you do is basically stick the bottom of the carto (the threaded part) into the top of the bottle of juice, flip them both over (holding very steady or you'll have a BIG MESS) and squeeze, release, squeeze, release... I do it 3-5 times until I see the juice coming out of the holes of the cartos.

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
I was also thinking about getting the Ikenvape cartos to try, but I've never had any issues with my smok tech (cartos or tank). I know all my issues are user error and honest laziness lol.

Everyone seems to have a different way to prime a carto. Try a few out and see what works best for you.
I use 100% VG, and drip a few drops in the top and blow the juice down while holding my finger over the bottom airhole. I keep repeating that till its nice and full...
100% VG won't just soak in and would rather hang out up top. It needs a little push. :)

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I'm a carto guy and I have had amazing luck with both Boge and Ikenvape slotted cartos. The slotted cartos wick fast and keep up with the vaping without flooding as well. My favorites by far. The only 2 hole cartos I could get to keep up are Ikenvape's Platinum 2 hole because the holes are 2.3mm instead of the industry average 1mm. The slotted cartos almost wick themselves in minutes without all the dry pulling.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I'm a carto guy and I have had amazing luck with both Boge and Ikenvape slotted cartos. The slotted cartos wick fast and keep up with the vaping without flooding as well. My favorites by far. The only 2 hole cartos I could get to keep up are Ikenvape's Platinum 2 hole because the holes are 2.3mm instead of the industry average 1mm. The slotted cartos almost wick themselves in minutes without all the dry pulling.

Yea, I've heard a ton of good things about the Ikenvape, but there's so many, I didn't know which ones I should try lol. I like the 'flanged' ones because for some reason I'm nervous about there being TWO ways to make a mess lol.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I'm not sure if that was an actual question or if that was sarcasm at it's best, but yes it's actually really quick b/c all you do is basically stick the bottom of the carto (the threaded part) into the top of the bottle of juice, flip them both over (holding very steady or you'll have a BIG MESS) and squeeze, release, squeeze, release... I do it 3-5 times until I see the juice coming out of the holes of the cartos.

Yes it was a real question; I do not have a carto system and one reason is because of all this priming stuff; if you could just stick the carto in a tank and let it soak for a hour I'd be happy.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I've never had a problem with just sliding the tank up the carto and filling... I doubt it takes more than 30 seconds. If I'm concerned that the filler hasn't wicked enough juice (I use 100% VG) I do some dry pulls until I taste the liquid.

So you don't do any of this priming stuff? Which carto do you use, boge, iken or smok?

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I used my new cartos today and it's nice. I filled the tank, put the carto in, pulled a few times to pull the juice into the carto (although it started doing that on it's own), topped it off (with the toothpick in the center), refilled the tank and let it sit/soak for about 10 mins, it was good to go! It was SO much easier, NO MESS at all, NO FLOODING at all. Man, it was SO nice! lol It was pretty effortless.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
So you don't do any of this priming stuff? Which carto do you use, boge, iken or smok?

I'm still experimenting with which brand of carto I like. I have Boge and have a new tank arriving today that will work with the Smok varieties I have. The trick I use to prime a carto in a new tank is to fill the tank just like you would during a refill but slide the tank back down before putting the top cap on. So long as the inner o-ring seals onto the carto before the outer o-rings seal onto the glass tube, you'll get a pumping action. The pressure can almost push the top cap back off the tube - but hold it down* and you'll start to see the filler becoming flush with liquid. That's the overall technique I use. You'll flood it a little bit until you develop the right touch on the tank you're using - but a few strong pulls usually clears it out. Sometimes I'll have dab the top of the carto-filler with a tissue or paper towel to get out the excess liquid. Usually, as you just vape through the gurgling it'll be re-absorbed into the filler.

*depending on the density and type of filler, you'll eventually develop the timing for when to release the pressure by letting the top cap off. The you just slide the tank up the carto like you would for a typical refill and put it back together that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread