Cartomizers... UGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
So I LOVE cartos, the flavor is so much better, but lately I've been frustrated with the whole process! It seems like it just takes so long to fill/refill them. I miss the ease of clearos, just fill 'em and go, but don't miss the muted flavor and dry/burn hits. I wish there was a happy medium! I've thought about trying the 'wickless' clearos, but they're so small, doesn't seem like an upgrade by any stretch. I've also noticed that I don't really get a lot of vapor, in fact some of my 'clouds' are pretty wimpy lol.

Any ideas or suggestions, or is this just what I have to deal with to get a good flavor? :confused:

I use SmokTech's 3ohm single coil 3 hole cartos (have some 2ohm single coild 2 hole cartos on the way). My juice is 70/30 or 60/40.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I personally had bad luck with quality control on cartos but I could fill them pretty quickly. How are you filling them? I filled them by putting the condom thing on the bottom fill from the top, once the juice starts to pool, I would slowly pull the condom off, creating a suction to pull the juice into the filling. Do that a couple of times and is full. Took about 30 seconds to a minute each. Not as fast as a clearo but still pretty quick.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
I've tried evods, I can't use bottom coils, I dry them out too fast.
I won't use anything else besides bottom coils. Got tired of maneuvering those top wicks against gravity to keep them wet.

But you're right. A good carto is hard to beat for flavor. They're just a pain in the ... to fill.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I personally had bad luck with quality control on cartos but I could fill them pretty quickly. How are you filling them? I filled them by putting the condom thing on the bottom fill from the top, once the juice starts to pool, I would slowly pull the condom off, creating a suction to pull the juice into the filling. Do that a couple of times and is full. Took about 30 seconds to a minute each. Not as fast as a clearo but still pretty quick.

Interesting. I only know of the 'correct' way (filling down the sides) and the way they should me at my B&M, pull the tip off the bottle of juice, hold the bottle upside down against the bottom of the carto and squeeze... it's full when you see juice coming into the tank from the holes in the carto. It's pretty quick, but the mess is what's most annoying, I feel like I waste a lot of juice and seems like I'm cleaning for another 5-10 mins (to get it off my hands and cleaning out the hole in the carto/unflooding it)!

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
Interesting. I only know of the 'correct' way (filling down the sides) and the way they should me at my B&M, pull the tip off the bottle of juice, hold the bottle upside down against the bottom of the carto and squeeze... it's full when you see juice coming into the tank from the holes in the carto. It's pretty quick, but the mess is what's most annoying, I feel like I waste a lot of juice and seems like I'm cleaning for another 5-10 mins (to get it off my hands and cleaning out the hole in the carto/unflooding it)!

Uuuuhhg!!! Sounds like a bassackwards way to fill a carto......would be like filling your car with gas through the exhaust pipe.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-5-baditudes-cartomizer-tank-setup-guide.html

This should help you out.

Last edited:

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX

ohaya

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
USA
I'm kind of new, but I agree with Smoot.

First of all, you are using a cartomizer in a tank, right?

If that's the case, what I do is to pull the carto partly out of the tank, tip the tank at an angle, then fill through the top hole of the tank. Then, push the carto back up into position.

If it's a new cartomizer, I prime it by dripping some liquid down the inside of the cartomizer, avoiding getting any in the center hole.

Doing it the way that you do, wouldn't you be basically flooding the cartomizer to begin with?

ohaya

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
USA
Hi,

Try it the way that's described in Smoot's link... a lot easier and less messy (and faster probably).

I would get one of those tank tools like the one on that blog or something similar (I use the Ibtanked one), but I also sometimes just take a drip tip and flip it upside down (so the end that's normally out is on the top of the carto tube) then press down to get the carto started coming out. Once it's partially out, you can use the flange part on the other end to help put it *partially* out, then start filling from the top end.

ohaya

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
USA
I have one like it, the tank itself is a breeze to fill, it's the carto itself.

Ahh. Maybe I misunderstood you. So you're only dripping the liquid down into the carto after you've filled the tank, and the carto is back in the tank? If that's the case, then just drip some liquid down the side at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees around, avoiding getting liquid into the center hole.

I don't put as much as you mentioned, but just a drop or 2 to get things started.

Then, put the drip tip back on, and do a dry hit (suck without firing) to draw, and you should be ok. Again caveat is I'm new, but that's the way I've been doing it with carto tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread