Cartos in tank keep flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
I just have come upon this problem. My cartos work great at first in a tank. After a few days its like sucking wet quicksand. So I switch cartos and clean the one flushing with a syringe and boiled water. Now, while doing this my 5ohm cartos never have a flooding problem but when I switch to 3.0ohm they just flood within about 10 minutes. I know how to unflood them by spinning them but I want to know why they are flooding in the first place. Thanks everyone.

MollieA

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Santa Monica
I've been going through the same issue with my Liquinator and trying to get it resolved. I've been shopping around for a different tank- with the hope that I find one that doesn't leak or flood. Maybe it's like a search for the holy grail or something, LOL.

Appears, we're not the only ones who are having issues with these bloody tanks.

BTW, off topic- you reminded me that I need to get Diablo III ;-)

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
I've been going through the same issue with my Liquinator and trying to get it resolved. I've been shopping around for a different tank- with the hope that I find one that doesn't leak or flood. Maybe it's like a search for the holy grail or something, LOL.

Appears, we're not the only ones who are having issues with these bloody tanks.

BTW, off topic- you reminded me that I need to get Diablo III ;-)

LOL, yes that game is gonna ROCK!!!!! My tank doesn't leak at all but just floods. Wondering if the hole size is too big? Maybe?

MollieA

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Santa Monica
My Liquinator started with flooding, then started leaking. I'm going to see if replacing the O-rings will do the job. I buy the pre-punched cartos- so I it's not my fault, LOL. I had bought some extra cartos- and that didn't do the job. So, I think I'll give the O-rings a try and see if that works. I hate flooding- it's not only the gurgles, but you end up with juice in your mouth. Yuck.

Wonder if they'll have a secret cow level in III ;-) I started playing II over again. Finished it as Barbarian, then Necromancer. I'm going back to Barbarian, LOL.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
Bump!! Any other ideas of why I'm flooding?

Wonder if they'll have a secret cow level in III ;-) I started playing II over again. Finished it as Barbarian, then Necromancer. I'm going back to Barbarian, LOL.

I was thinking of playing the others again but figured I would kill too much time then I would have to finish it and by then the new one will be out

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
Whats the tank set up your talking about? I keep seeing people mention it but I can't find info about it.

It's just a normal tank, nothing speical. Forgot the name of it.

Are you using two holes or one. I noticed when I went to one hole a while back my flooding issues stopped.

I am using two holes, will try just one and see what happens. TY

I just wanted to say that it to a Herculean effort on my part not to make any jokes regarding the quoted post.
That is all.

LOL, understand, I'm down to one hole now :(

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I use a saddle valve to punch my dual cartos and ressorectors. I turn the saddle valve just enough to hear the pop. I only need a tiny hole, even with the thicker juices. They never flood. I use the sub tank from Mom and Pop and also use the Smoketek Dual Coil Tank. I never have flooding or leaking problems. I hope this helps.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread