Carto's, tanks, flavors OH MY! Something odd too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobFindlay

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
SLC, UT
Got a bottle of Bobba's Bounty the other day to try out, I'd started by dripping but then realized I had some old Boge 3.0 carto's laying around from ages ago, soo I did the old condom fill and spin method and slapped that on my madvapes VV boxmod and commenced vaping, nearly blew my head off with flavor, I realized something, I haven't been getting flavor like this out of my DCT tank/cartos for ages. Pulled the drip-tips off the DCT and noticed that the filling looked dry as a bone.

Now I always prime my DCT carto's and make sure they vape before putting the tank on, and the flrst few vapes are good and strong but I encounter a rapid decline in flavor.

1st thing in the morning the flavor tends to be pretty good for at least the 1st few vapes, so I'm sure this is related to the juice actually getting to the carto. Now these are the 3-hole punch 2.5 DCT cartos and i've not had much problem in terms of flooding it seems to be the opposite in fact.

I mainly vape Vermillion rivers Kentucky premiums which are a 70/30 mix of PG/VG so it's not a super thick liquied.

Has anyone else had simmilar issues? With your carto-tanks? Do you ever go back and drop some fresh juice directly into the carto?

Just looking for ideas.

-Rob

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
Yeah I posted on this in the "Tips" section a couple weeks ago. Now whenever I top off the tank, I top off the carto as well. It makes a pretty noticable difference in flavor, and lasts a good while.

If I don't have the bottle with me (usually means I topped off before heading to work), I'll just pop the drip tip and pull the carto down just low enough in the tank to let a few drops spill into the carto.

RobFindlay

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
SLC, UT
Yeah I posted on this in the "Tips" section a couple weeks ago. Now whenever I top off the tank, I top off the carto as well. It makes a pretty noticable difference in flavor, and lasts a good while.

If I don't have the bottle with me (usually means I topped off before heading to work), I'll just pop the drip tip and pull the carto down just low enough in the tank to let a few drops spill into the carto.

I'll have to try that, I'm just always weary of "flooding" out the carto, if they get to soggy they just plain stop working.

-R

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
I've tried doing a dry suck while it is still attached to the pv, but too much airflow for it to work. If I take it off the pv and stick a condom over the connector end (actually, I still have some teeny rubber end covers from blu, they work great), a dry suck will net some good bubbles and get the carto nice and wet without flooding.

Commence with the giggles.... dry, suck, wet....

Anyhow, hope that helps.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
I'll have to try that, I'm just always weary of "flooding" out the carto, if they get to soggy they just plain stop working.

-R

While I have the drip tip off to top off the tank,I just glance into the carto to see if it could use a little help.

I've actually seen some where, after a proper priming with a vibrant or dark colored juice, and vaping most of the tank away, the carto top would look snow white as if brand new. Those are the ones I know it can't hurt to throw a few drops in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread