Cartridge/Liquid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanGoodness

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2009
Federal Way WA
This may have been covered elsewhere, but I'm currently feeling too lazy to search. :p

Why would you want to purchase extra cartridges (aside from the initial purchase) if you can constantly refill your cartridges with liquid? Do the cores go bad?

Even if they do, you can buy that fish tank filter stuff to replace the cores. Is it just convenience or am I missing something else altogether?

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
I think some people replace their cores way more often than I do.
I have used the same cores in my devices with 555 liquid for over a month.
They aren't discolored and they still perform the same as always, maybe better.
The only time I change them is if I want to try another flavor.
Then I put them right back in and continue with the 555.

I don't ever recall anyone stating you should change them or wash/rinse periodically for reasons such as hygiene.

Then again, maybe I'm missing something too...

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
This may have been covered elsewhere, but I'm currently feeling too lazy to search. :p

Why would you want to purchase extra cartridges (aside from the initial purchase) if you can constantly refill your cartridges with liquid? Do the cores go bad?

Even if they do, you can buy that fish tank filter stuff to replace the cores. Is it just convenience or am I missing something else altogether?

Goodness, the core will simply not absorb anymore after a few refills and needs to be replaced. There is not need to keep buying cartridges--the Cores are simply poleyster batting that you can purchase at Walmart or any fabric store (7 dollars for a 5 foot roll) --That is enough to make cores for over a year at least--so take out the old core with a tweeezer and place a new piece of batting in its place---Hope that helps--Sun:)

Hammertoad

Jan 20, 2009
Louisville, KY
Having thus replaced the batting and refilled the cart (btw, can you give a bit more detail to a non-fabric shopping male as to what exactly I'm looking for at Wally World?).
Anyway, how are y'all storing re-filled carts? The handy-dandy sealed plastic carriers with end cap & plug work nicely. Once opened, however, the carts seem to dry out quickly if not in use. I travel a great deal and drive a great deal more, so dripping and driving / flying is not exactly what I want to do.

Cheers,

'toad

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
In my experience, the cores are very reusable, but I replace them about every other week. I find that they become loose inside my atomizer (901/4075 Models) after a little while, plus I like to hold them with my teeth and they pick up little scratches on the mouthpiece. I like to replace the carts with fresh ones when I do my bi-weekly cleaning (Boil atomizer, clean brass fittings, polish exterior, etc).. it makes me feel like I have a brand new unit.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Having thus replaced the batting and refilled the cart (btw, can you give a bit more detail to a non-fabric shopping male as to what exactly I'm looking for at Wally World?).
Anyway, how are y'all storing re-filled carts? The handy-dandy sealed plastic carriers with end cap & plug work nicely. Once opened, however, the carts seem to dry out quickly if not in use. I travel a great deal and drive a great deal more, so dripping and driving / flying is not exactly what I want to do.

Cheers,

'toad

Hammer--go to the fabric section in Walmart and you will find polyester batting in bags right on the shelfs. As for refilling the cartridge--use a syringe and refill by sticking the needle all the way down the core and filling from the bottom up. If you do not want to ues a syringe--get an ink jet printer refiller at Staples (syringe with a blunt needle is all that it really is)--You are right that dripping and driving do not mix--Hope that Helps--Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread