Cartz...What do you guys do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CritterBuddy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I use 2 carts a day but my week is too hectic to try and refill in the evenings. I've been buying several sampler packs to figure out what my favs are so have about 25 carts thus far. I find I can refill about 15 carts each weekend very easily which sets me up for the week along with a few new ones each week from the samplers.

I've tried rinsing carts but honestly don't see a need yet for it and have already trashed several carts that I couldn't get the old taste out of or tasted too burnt. I have discovered that as soon as I see vapor production fall off is a good time to change out the cart as further vaping just produces a burnt taste you can't always get out.

V4Lis4me

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
FLORIDA
lmao...not at you, but with you.;) You sound like me. Definitely some OCD going on here. I use large storage baggies instead of Tupperware and then after filling I line them up on a little table I have, for them to dry for 24 hrs. Hadn't thought about using a slash mark with a knife. I hash mark them with a fine point Sharpie. Once I get to five then in the trash they go. Sometimes sooner if I vaped too long on one and it's fried.

I have a bag for the condoms and .... plugs, empty and dry cartos, refilled and ready to use cartos, and the brand new cartos. Typically I will vape a new carto, refill it once and then flush and dry it before using again. I live pretty close to you in Cocoa...maybe it's something in our water;)

...maybe so, maybe so:thumbs:

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
I've been filling mine at what turns out to be about the half-way point lately. When the top starts to dry up but the cart is still good. I guess that's half-way to dripping, huh? Is it half full or half empty? Half vaped or half unvaped?

It's like a newly opened pack of cigarettes all the time. That bright fresh crispness you just don't get at the end of the day. ;)

I have some that are going on 20+ fills. I really don't have all that many cartomizers, but a ton of juice. I have a brand new box of blanks I haven't even touched yet - just haven't felt the need. The one on my XL battery right now is at 24 fills. (I code a tiny fiducial on the cartomizer with a sharpie, then run it in front of the camera at my "filling station". It all goes into a database so I can get statistics over time - if that's not ubergeeky, I don't know what is!)

freerangehuman

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Hebron, IN
Here's my flawed method(I recommend getting a tacklebox/bulletbox/beadbox):
I vape a cart til it's done - starting to taste weird. Then, I'll swap it with a fresh one from my PCC I always either take with me or have plugged in the PC. I'll put the buttplug in the cap end of the dead cart, so I know its empty. I toss the empties in an old Cool Whip container.

Once I got a bunch of dead ones(like 30), I'll pop the caps and soak everything in some cheap vodka, a few at a time for a couple minutes, blow the vodka out, and repeat til I got a bunch of carts drying on a paper towel, and a whole s-load of caps and o-rings sitting in a dish of vodka.

Next, I 'scientifically' decide, by color of cart, which unrelated to the label flavor I'll drip into these skeleton carts. Proceed to fill and cap. Stick carts back into V4L boxes. Then, here's the most important part...let them sit for a while, just beyond the point where I remember what flavor I put in which color cart. So, I have a bunch of refilled green 'Key Lime Pie' (mislabled PBcup) carts. Is it Kiwi? or Smilin Menthol? or perhaps something else entirely? This my friends, is why I recommend a compartmentalized box.:rolleyes:

Sorry bout the long rambling post. This is my brain on a few beers and 24mg on the PT.

V4Lis4me

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
FLORIDA
I've been filling mine at what turns out to be about the half-way point lately. When the top starts to dry up but the cart is still good. I guess that's half-way to dripping, huh? Is it half full or half empty? Half vaped or half unvaped?

It's like a newly opened pack of cigarettes all the time. That bright fresh crispness you just don't get at the end of the day. ;)

I have some that are going on 20+ fills. I really don't have all that many cartomizers, but a ton of juice. I have a brand new box of blanks I haven't even touched yet - just haven't felt the need. The one on my XL battery right now is at 24 fills. (I code a tiny fiducial on the cartomizer with a sharpie, then run it in front of the camera at my "filling station". It all goes into a database so I can get statistics over time - if that's not ubergeeky, I don't know what is!)

ubergeeky,
...and totally awesome!!!:thumbs:!!!

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Hello - I am new to v4l . And would like to try their Flavors - So if Anyone has a Variety of Flavors and Strength's that they would like to sell ? I would love to buy them to try - I can Pay With Paypal. =) Just let me know what you have-flavor/strength. Just PM ME =)

Why not buy some of the sampler packs on the site?

starchelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Georgia

Wow that is an impressive amount of work to put in! But hey, if it's the best way for you I say go geekness!

SaveFerris

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Chi-cago
I, like a few others, wait till it does not give off good flavor or slight burnt taste. Then I use a beed box (20 compartments) that I have organized by flavor, using, dislike, and need to be filled. I will rinse and blow 3-5 times and let dry overnight or several days depending on how soon I need them. I drip 10-20 drops depending on how it absorbs. I then roll in hand a few times and then let sit a few mins. Seems to work fine for me. Just wondering if I should not get some PG or VG to add to get better vapor? Any ideas? The juice we get from V4L comes with it in it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread