New Cart's not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossedmycookies

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Winnipeg
Hi all, hoping for some advice, please.
I opened up a few cart's tonight about 10.
Wanting to refill with some new flavors etc. So I rinsed them out blew them out, repeated a few times. Refilled one with 555 about 17 drops and I with Juicey peach. Good thing I only did two of them. Just tried them on the pass through and there not working. What did I do wrong? Do they have to dry then refill perhaps? I read on here that the method I tried has worked. Well any and all advice welcome.
Thanks.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I am vaping on a banana one I just refilled 10 minutes ago using that same method. No drying out, just blow a few times and refill. Can you see through the carto? Looking down the hole in the mouthpiece and the hole on the battery end, you should be able to see through the tube down the middle. Sometimes that gets pushed off center and can make it hard to draw.

Did you try it on a regular battery? Or try a new carto on the passthrough to verify it is working correctly?

tossedmycookies

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Winnipeg
I am vaping on a banana one I just refilled 10 minutes ago using that same method. No drying out, just blow a few times and refill. Can you see through the carto? Looking down the hole in the mouthpiece and the hole on the battery end, you should be able to see through the tube down the middle. Sometimes that gets pushed off center and can make it hard to draw.

Did you try it on a regular battery? Or try a new carto on the passthrough to verify it is working correctly?

Refilled two new ones for the first time. I thought I saw all the way down the center but will double check. Used the pass through to test as it is stronger than auto battery. waiting for my mauals to come hopefully middle of next week. But there is no vapor from one and a little whisper now from the peach. Going to check position now.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Previously I had just added juice to cartos that were drying out, and it was ok, but just ok. Using this method, I am getting more like a new carto taste. It doesn't last as long as a new carto, but several hours of good taste, throat hit and vapor. I hope we can get this figured out for you because I am really impressed with this way of refilling.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Well can see all the way through the center, so that's not the issue. Plug's are all removed. Oh this is so frustrating lol. Going to let the rest dry out over night and see what happens in the morning I guess.
If I cant figure this out back to analogs till me order get's here, bah.

Do you have any other cartos?

tossedmycookies

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Winnipeg
I have two prefilled ones left, vanilla(36mg) and a menthol(24mg), will go with them to work tomorrow and hopefully figure this out. I just tried a third cart with some tobacco juice and it seems to be working, not as strong as a prefilled but enough to work.
Maybe I just used those first two cart's to long, would that cause this issue?
thanks for the help.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I wouldn't think so, honestly. I would say maybe you didn't blow it out enough and left too much water in, but I really didn't go through a lot of bother and mine is vaping like a champ. Maybe try giving a soft blow through the mouthside into a paper towel, then wiping the battery contact on the carto and the battery and trying again?

bladeangel87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
This is kinda off topic but don't want to start a new thread. I didn't know about being able to rinse out and refill carts that already have had liquid in em. I have some juice that is about 15% vg, rest PG, read somewhere that VG doesn't work with cartomizers, don't know if thats with all mostly VG liquids or not. So was wondering if I rinse this tobacco cart out with hot water, blow it out and let it dry overnight, would this mixture work?

Panda04

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
Houston
This is kinda off topic but don't want to start a new thread. I didn't know about being able to rinse out and refill carts that already have had liquid in em. I have some juice that is about 15% vg, rest PG, read somewhere that VG doesn't work with cartomizers, don't know if thats with all mostly VG liquids or not. So was wondering if I rinse this tobacco cart out with hot water, blow it out and let it dry overnight, would this mixture work?

I'm not sure... I haven't tried any liquid with VG in it. You really don't need to let dry over night. Just blow it out until no more water comes out. I do that and let it sit for about 15 minutes and then blow it out again. If I get water I wait 15 minutes and then try again. When I no longer can get any water out I fill it up.

If you have one that you can spare you could experiment.

Andy

DanF

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
North of Houston
I have some juices I made that are at least 80% VG, have not had a problem with cartomizers. In fact, it works great, tons of vapor.

My method is: hold the cart under hot running water for a few seconds, blow it out(hard), repeat 3 or 4 times(sometimes more). Then blow it out (hard again) until no more water comes out. I can immediately fill and use carts like this will apparently no problems.

As a side note, since quitting analogs I can take MUCH deeper breaths(without coughing) which helps blow the .... out of cartomizers.

Last edited:

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
I had to use pure VG for awhile ( and it works) the main problem I think is that sometimes it is thicker! takes forever to soak in :( you definately have to learn the plunger method if your gonna fill with pure thick VG juice) LOL!
But that is only in some cases, for certain juices, I had some that were almost as thin as my PG and filled the cartos almost just as fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread