Cause of spitting and popping in RDA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
when you have a bunch of juice in one spot it heats up the juice in the middle of the tiny little pond of juice and has no where to go so it pops like its boiling. the spitting of vape are from the drop from that pond flying through the air leaving vape trails. take a few hits after you drip and fire it again. youll see it doesnt pop as much

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
As I predicted, I dropped by Dashvapes today (after 6 hours on a nasty structure fire - had a footcramp from hell from dehydration on the way there) and as predicted, within minutes of my arrival I had a brand new 7-22 in my hands.

I can't not give a shout-out to dashvapes.com - terrific customer service, again!

After sitting here tonight and trying my cotton everyway from loose to tight to just right and using a lot or a little, and none of which seemed to stop the popping. I think ive figured out something that may be causing the extreme popping/spitting. I loosened my lead screws the pos and neg of your coil just a bit, im thinking if the coil is over tightened it can cause too much tension on the coil which was causing it to pop and spit. Anyway it has seemed to cure mine, mine is vaping much smoother now. Worked GREAT on my Kayfun so it may help with any RDA.

Last edited:
After sitting here tonight and trying my cotton everyway from loose to tight to just right and using a lot or a little, and none of which seemed to stop the popping. I think ive figured out something that may be causing the extreme popping/spitting. I loosened my lead screws the pos and neg of your coil just a bit, im thinking if the coil is over tightened it can cause too much tension on the coil which was causing it to pop and spit. Anyway it has seemed to cure mine, mine is vaping much smoother now.

So I just built my first twisted dual coil setup yesterday and I find that it spits juice pretty violently on initial firing. My other micro coil builds didn't do that. Is this normal with RDA's? Is it a wicking issue? Thought maybe it was too much liquid but it does it less when I have freshly dripped liquid into it. Should I try folding wick over top of coils?
Sorry for RDA noob question, lol.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread