• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

CBC's Dr. Peter Lin

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
Dr. Peter Lin certainly portrayed a fair overvue of what an ecig is.

However, he failed to mention that nicotine is not a carcinogen on it's own, surprising considering his occupation. Secondly, he touched on the concern that college kids are picking up the ecig habit, that it was the "cool" thing to do, but he failed to observe that those same college students are likely to pick up a cigarette if ecigs were not available. From my own experience, working as a bartender to pay my way threw university, I essentially started smoking at that age because it was "cool".

Again, fair assessment but not necessarily comprehensive.

Last edited:

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
Dr. Peter Lin certainly portrayed a fair overvue of what an ecig is.

However, he failed to mention that nicotine is not a carcinogen on it's own, surprising considering his occupation. Secondly, he touched on the concern that college kids are picking up the ecig habit, that it was the "cool" thing to do, but he failed to observe that those same college students are likely to pick up a cigarette if ecigs were not available. From my own experience, working as a bartender to pay my way threw university, I essentially started smoking at that age because it was "cool".

Again, fair assessment but not necessarily comprehensive.

It is difficult to be comprehensive in such a short time. All told, it was fairly balanced.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
It is difficult to be comprehensive in such a short time. All told, it was fairly balanced.

Agreed, but as a Dr. you would think that he would mention at least the nicotine part.....there was more than enough time. I'm tired of the excuses from the medical profession and govt officials. It appears Mass. is trying to place a 45% tax...this may be the roaring '20's of the ecig timeline, prohibition is on the way, and we better get ready for the underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread