The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

CBD Vape Juice

Discussion in 'General Cannabis Discussion' started by PatVapes, Sep 13, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PatVapes

PatVapes Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    Before this whole craze happened I bought a bottle of Naked100 CBD and I just wanted to know if I’m safe to use it on my MiPod as suggested by the vape shop where I got it.

Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I don't vape CBD. Well, I did for a few weeks but it didn't really do much for me. I'd say it's okay as long as it's not counterfeit. Until someone comes along who knows what they're talking about, I found this:

CBD Oil Review

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I would attempt to find out if vitamin E acetate was used before vaping it. Thats the ingredient thats been in the news lately causing lipoid pneumonia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    Just why?
    Not judging, curious as to why is all. Family member lost his battle with cancer, towards the end when all other hope was lost, he tried all manner of remedies, including various cannibis treatments. Didn't do any harm at that point I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    If it is designed to be vaped in the same manner nicotine is vaped, you are fine using the equipment you have.

To the best of my knowledge, MOST CBD concoctions are designed to be used in nicotine vapes because they are legal, and because a cheap ego setup thrown in with the first CBD purchase makes it easier for the non-vaper.

If it's got anything other than CBD, flavoring, and PG/VG then probably not. Head toward your local headshop (or dispensary, if they will let you in without a medical card, depending on the state you are in) and ask for assistance.

By the way, vaped CBD is almost ENTIRELY ineffective. It is a VERY poor delivery system, you are much better off ingesting it. It's usually more EXPENSIVE, but it is actually much more likely to WORK.

Best of luck,
    Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. stratus.vaping

stratus.vaping Super Member ECF Veteran

Quality, lab tested CBD liquid vapes well, it's been very effective for me as I have posted elsewhere.

In fact vaping CBD is a more efficient delivery system than eating it as it's bioavailabilty is higher when vaped, there is a lot of peer reviewed evidence for that, one such example below, which also thoroughly explains the mode of action for those who may be interested 8)

"The low oral bioavailability of cannabinoids has led to feasible methods of administration, such as the transdermal route, intranasal administration and transmucosal adsorption, being proposed."

Cannabinoid Delivery Systems for Pain and Inflammation Treatment

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    One long paper. I had to tldnr it to my embarrassment. The paper is Italian and listed as a potential conflict of interest that it was done at a specific Italian university (it’s at the bottom). No idea if it (the university) is even pertinent or not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stratus.vaping

I would never vape a liquid CBD product that has not got a verifiable independent full lab report. I cannot comment on that product, do they publish lab reports giving the analysis of the CBD content?

It seems that some are made from Chinese isolate that has no published lab report so the actual contents cannot be verified.

As for vaping a liquid CBD product designed for vaping (with a vg/pg base) using a mod/pod designed for nic is the correct method.

I have done that daily for some years. The CBD content is usually in the form of a crystalline isolate. There's a lot of confusion about the historical use of the term CBD Oil for both vaped and oral products... chaos still reigns.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. stratus.vaping

There are many more if you google it, I chose that one at random 8)

• Like Like x 1
  10. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Oh, I’m not disputing it. I didn’t read it after all. The best I could do was a quick skim and a peek at the bottom references.

I personally have no need for CBD myself at the moment so my personal interest is limited. I worry about it a bit as it’s frequently marketed as a cure-all. It’s physically impossible for it to help with all the things it claims to, but it could very likely help with some of them. I’m not dead desperate so I’m willing to wait a few more years to see what shakes out of it all

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. stratus.vaping

"The oral bioavailability of CBD is approximately 6% in humans, while its bioavailability via inhalation is 11 to 45% (mean 31%).[4][5][31] The elimination half-life of CBD is 18–32 hours.[6] Cannabidiol is metabolized in the liver as well as in the intestines by CYP2C19 and CYP3A4 enzymes, and UGT1A7, UGT1A9, and UGT2B7 isoforms.[2] CBD may have a wide margin in dosing.[16]"

Cannabidiol - Wikipedia

It is well evidenced, you just have to dig for it. As you will know there's a lot of spin around CBD and many, but not all, of those who sell it know very little about it. They glibly say it's best to vape it, but don't have a clue about how or why they should refer to evidence to back that up.

I avoid any seller who says it will cure warts, hair loss or make me a wonderful, happy person by tuesday. There's a company advertising over-priced CBD oral drops on TV in the UK, the ad makes me cringe ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    That’s a moderately long half life. A lot of psychoactive medical drugs are quite a bit longer. Nicotine in general is much shorter. There’s limited data, but that graph from JUUL implies the half life of protonated nicotine’s is shorter yet. Half lives are never dead level graphs though. That’s what blood level/time graphs are for.

Does mean it will remain in your system at some level for a pretty long time. Drugs with long half lives tend to be less addictive. It’s one reason medical companies like to extend the half lives of drugs as much as they can.

• Like Like x 2
  13. PatVapes

PatVapes Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    C30A5BC0-7BFC-4F72-A9F9-74E6F8D2D53A.jpeg
    I was under the impression that Naked 100 was one of the most well-known e-liquid brands and figured they were reputable. Also considering it’s a Canadian brand I assumed I was safe, but then this whole thing happened.

• Like Like x 2
  14. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    If it was nicotine this whole thing would be a massive violation even if no one died. I don’t know how CBD base differs from nicotine base. My memory is someone mentioned that one of the things that caused the problem was trade war issues with China that changed the cost of materials. Canada will have a whole different set of issues. Might do to find out what the differences are.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Hmm I did not know that. Interesting stuff. Whelp one of my "not so normal PCP doctors" did some (unauthorized testing by me) and informed me that I would have arthritis when I am 95 or so. I blame the yoga. IDK I'm not very inflamed except my dang STOMACH!!

He also informed me I did not have Hep C. I was like, "Dude, why would you even TEST me for that?" I think I figured out later he thought I was an IV drug user thanks to the Suboxone mess. I swear, I am the most pathetic Suboxone candidate EVER, I only went there because my last Ultram relapse, I was taking so many pills I literally had NO CLUE how to taper them. I should have just gone inpatient for a few days, or SOMETHING. It would have been better.

I will say the first month of Suboxone treatment gave me some of the best highs of my entire LIFE.

They also gave me the worst (home) detox of all TIME, I don't think they were worth it.

Oh well, not going to go there today notes are done house is clean(er) and yoga and Walmart await... Soon.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  16. stratus.vaping

Indeed. It's worth researching CBD mode of activity and how it interacts with the our cannabinoid receptors, we have an internal system called the endocannabinoid system -ECS, that is involved in the control of mood, appetite, pain and much, much more. CBD does not have a strong affinity toward those receptors ( THC does ...) but nonetheless seems to have powerful affects, including mediating the affect of THC.

I'm no biochemist but I find the fact that our bodies already use and create cannabinoids as part of normal activity most fascinating.

Endocannabinoid system - Wikipedia

I use CBD for problems I have with inflamation and arthritic pain. I do not routinely take prescription drugs any more for that complaint. It works for me, ymmv ofc.

• Like Like x 2
  17. stratus.vaping

It's well labelled that's for sure. I would ask the manufacturer for laboratory reports, it's an analysis of the CBD ingredient, and will show what type and what quantity of CBD there is and what level of contaminants.

If they have none, don't know what you mean or will not let you have anything - alarm bells start to ring.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Not sure where you get that is a Canadian Brand. It is labeled as a USA brand and the address is in California (abbreviated as "CA"). I guess you thought CA in that instance was Canada maybe?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    That seems contradictory. Although I did read somewhere that CBD would break down at the temps we normally use to vape at. So maybe there is some other way to "inhale it"?

I did try some CBD vape juice from CBDfx, but it didn't work great at relieving the inflammation in my knees. It did seem to work better when I just dripped some in my mouth but not a lot better so i never bought any more than the one bottle. Well technically I bought 2 bottles but the first one was lost in the mail and the company has a "We don't care" policy.

I did find some "pure CBD crystals" that were designed to be dissolved into whatever vape juice or tincture you wanted and was relatively well priced. I had considered trying that, but still not sure if I should vape it or drip it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stratus.vaping

Could you explain what you mean by contradictory? If you mean Oral v inhalation... Oral means "taking by mouth" ie - eating it...

No it doesn't break down at those temps. There's a lot of misinformation ( about everything!) around. "Breaks down" does not really describe anything specific anyway. As combustion does not completely destroy CBD or THC, the lower boiling temps used in liquid vape devices are fine, in the same way that Nic does not dissapear when heated in vapes.

CBD crystals are the isolate I described above, so take care with what it is and from where.

• Like Like x 2