ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Somewhat useful CBD links

The 10 Best CBD Products for Vaping for 2019 | RAVE Reviews

How to Get the Right Dosage for Vaping CBD - Vaping360

How to Vape CBD Oil Properly and Effectively - Vaping360

These are some of the better sites I found for CBD information. But they all refer to it as oil. Good info is very hard to find. Coming from nic vaping I'm used to being able to get answers but with CBD I feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark.

So I read those links and they were partially helpful. On the third link it talks about dosages but even that is incomplete b/c it doesn't list a time frame like all dosages must. Is that per 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours, per day, as needed?

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I would be interested in finding a reasonably priced broad spectrum (low/no THC) 1000mg in either powder, crystal or suspended in 10ml of either PG or VG from a US supplier or Amazon. If anyone has any experience with anything of the sort. If not I'll wait a while until more people get involved and more info becomes available.

I tried searching Amazon myself but kept finding "oils" in crazy concentrations like 50,000mg and a couple of powders that some reviewers claimed were not actual CBD products.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I would be interested in finding a reasonably priced broad spectrum (low/no THC) 1000mg in either powder, crystal or suspended in 10ml of either PG or VG from a US supplier or Amazon. If anyone has any experience with anything of the sort. If not I'll wait a while until more people get involved and more info becomes available.

I tried searching Amazon myself but kept finding "oils" in crazy concentrations like 50,000mg and a couple of powders that some reviewers claimed were not actual CBD products.

Hi S,
Have a look here: Charlotte’s Web CBD Official Site: CBD Oil, Capsules and Creams
It is purported to be some of the best on the market in the US.

This Is the First Hemp Strain to Be Awarded a US Patent

HTH
I

Reactions: Fog n Vape

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks but they don't seem to have anything that is vapable. Just tinctures and creams and such. They do have one product labeled as "isolate" and "dietary supplement" but it's in an undisclosed liquid and is $99 for 600mg worth.
Fair play.
I don't encourage vaping of CBD unless it is CBD flowers.

Best of luck in your quest.
I

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Fair play.
I don't encourage vaping of CBD unless it is CBD flowers.
My understanding is that cannabis flower is a strain of cannabis where the the THC levels have been hugely reduced. But it still needs to be smoked?
Bear in mind that smoking anything wether it's tobacco, cannabis or lettuce leaf is really bad for you. The act of combustion releases a whole rainbow of toxins, irritants and carcinogens, it's not just the tar in tobacco that hurts you.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
My understanding is that cannabis flower is a strain of cannabis where the the THC levels have been hugely reduced. But it still needs to be smoked?
Bear in mind that smoking anything wether it's tobacco, cannabis or lettuce leaf is really bad for you. The act of combustion releases a whole rainbow of toxins, irritants and carcinogens, it's not just the tar in tobacco that hurts you.
SB,
My post mentioned nothing about smoke nor smoking.

Cheers
I

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I think it's more like the iQoS (heat not burn) type technology. I personally would still prefer liquid or something I can mix into a liquid. My goal is to mix small quantities with my nic juice. Like maybe 1g into a 236ml bottle (4.2mg/ml), so that if I vape 10 ml/day I would get around 42 mg total for the day.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So it does not need to be smoked then?

With flowers the world is your oyster.
You can smoke it, vape it, eat it, sift it, or extract it via water or polar/non polar solvents, CO2 or pressure/heat.
A user absolutely does NOT have to smoke it. :thumbs:

Cheers
I

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
What is the definition of 'flower' in this context? Is that something other than CBD isolate?

Flower is the flower of the cannabis plant, also called bud, sensimilla (without seed) etc.
The highest percentage of cannabinoids are in the flowers aka buds.

There are around 100 known cannabinoids in cannabis plants.
Cannabinoids interact with the endocannabinoid system receptors in cells.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Flower is the flower of the cannabis plant, also called bud, sensimilla (without seed) etc.
The highest percentage of cannabinoids are in the flowers aka buds.

There are around 100 known cannabinoids in cannabis plants.
Cannabinoids interact with the endocannabinoid system receptors in cells.

I had thought the flower or bud was associated with the THC containing marijuana plants and that hemp essentially didn't flower. Is is that now that a very low THC marijuana plant has been bred? If so, what is that advantage of that as far as CBD is concerned over hemp derived CBD?

Reactions: RoseB

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I had thought the flower or bud was associated with the THC containing marijuana plants and that hemp essentially didn't flower. Is is that now that a very low THC marijuana plant has been bred? If so, what is that advantage of that as far as CBD is concerned over hemp derived CBD?
MJ flower contains CBD also depending on the strain. Strains have varying degrees of each cannabinoid. Some are very high in CBD though most are not.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
There are breeds of cannabis plants with very low the. The Cannatonic strain yields less than 1% thc and boasts a high cbd content. It is not the only breed of it's kind either.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA

It is generally accepted that the genus Cannabis has three species, (excluding hybrids) they are C. sativa, C. indica, and C. ruderalis. Some suggest there are as many a six species.

Industrial cannabis AKA "Hemp" is ruderalis. It's grown for fiber and seed. The fiber is excellent for many applications and the seeds are highly nutritious. It contains essentially no THC. In fact no cannabis seeds contain any THC. Ruderalis flowers like all cannabis varieties.

Variaties (hybrids) have been breed for high THC, high CBD and various ratios of both. Charlotte's Web is probably the most famous high CBD hybrid. Search "Charlotte Figi" for more about this, it is a fascinating and moving story. Charlotte's Web is hemp derived but I expect only the breeder knows the exact genetics.

There seems to be a common misconception that CBD is "medicine" and THC is drug abuse. The reality is that the 100 plus cannabinoids and the terpenes work in concert in ways we are only just beginning to understand. From a medical perspective various people and ailments respond differently to different strains with different cannabinoids and ratios.

CBD is CBD regardless of the plant variety it comes from.
I think everyone needs to try a few things to see what suits them, many medical users need high TCH, many do not. It depends.

Finally I sense a feeling from many that getting high is bad, yeah somebody is having harmless fun must put a stop to that!! I suggest there are great medical benefits to getting high and having fun too.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So how does one vape the flowers?
Many other herbs can also be vaped with the same equipment.
Herbs with low vaporizing temperatures:
  • Blue Lotus: 100°C to 125°C (212°F to 257°F)
  • Chamomile: 100°C to 125°C (212°F to 257°F)
  • Clove: 125°C to 150°C (257°F to 302°F)
  • Gotu Kola: 100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)
  • Lavender: 100°C to 125°C (212°F to 257°F)
  • Lemongrass: 125°C to 150°C (257°F to 302°F)
  • Passionflower: 100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)
  • Inebriating mint (Lagochilus inebrians): 100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)
  • Pink Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera): 100°C to 125°C (212°F to 257°F)
  • St. John's Wort: 100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)
  • Syrian Rue (Peganum harmala): 100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)
  • Thyme: 100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)
  • Tobacco: 125°C to 150°C (257°F to 302°F)
  • Tranquilitea: 100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)
  • Wild Lettuce: 125°C to 150°C (257°F to 302°F)
  • Wormwood: 100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)
  • Yerba Mate: 100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)

Flower atomizer suggestions ?

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread