Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyS

Moved On
Oct 10, 2019
  • Deleted by retired1

Riyad Brown

Sep 22, 2019
CBD is technically still psychoactive, as it has anti-anxiety, anti-psychotic, anti-craving and mood-elevating effects, but can be considered non-impairing and non-intoxicating.

A review of 25 studies conducted over the last two decades on the safety and efficiency of CBD did not identify any significant side effects across a wide range of doses, including acute and chronic dose regimens, using various modes of administration.

Because of CBD’s approval throughout Europe, there is comprehensive knowledge of its metabolism, toxicology, and safety. A study in the European Journal of Pain used an animal model to see if CBD could help people with arthritis manage their pain. Researchers applied a topical gel containing CBD to rats with arthritis for 4 days.

TonyS

Moved On
Oct 10, 2019
  • Deleted by retired1

TonyS

Moved On
Oct 10, 2019
  • Deleted by retired1

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
So, I've been vaping hemp flower for roughly a month now. I'm actually sourcing it from the same place as @TonyS along with another company in NY. I've been using it just to help relax and ease my anxiety, something I've dealt with since I was a little kid. Anyway, it's been really pleasant to vape (nice flavor, smooth vapor) and the effects have been worthwhile.

But last night, I got to experience how CBD affects pain for the first time. I threw my shoulder out of socket. This originally happened in 2009 during a fall while hiking, and ever since, it's prone to going out of socket if I make the wrong motion. I've never had surgery for it because in my day to day life it's not a big deal. And usually when this happens (which is rare), it snaps back in within seconds, then stays sore for a day or two and that's it. But last night's was really bad. It took me at least a full minute to get it back in socket, and the pain was reminiscent of the original injury.

I vaped some hemp flower, and rubbed some CBD/THC salve on it. Within moments, the pain was noticeably less sharp and I was able to fall asleep soon after (and slept like a baby for 8 hours straight). I'm very impressed to be honest. I'm continuing to use the salve today and vape more hemp than normal, because it's extremely sore. I'm also having to be extra cautious with my use of that arm today. It will probably take a few days to feel better, but I'm glad this is helping. Normally I'd have taken some OTC pain pills but I felt no need to after using the CBD.

Just wanted to post this experience. I'm impressed all-around with hemp flowers, and love the fact that they do not induce a high at all - just a sense of calm and apparently pain relief.

Reactions: Izan

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I've been tempted to give CBD a try, but the "oil" name keeps me wondering if its really safe to vape.
My lungs can't take anymore damage than the cigarettes caused.
No need to vape oils. If you want to vape you can order some flower, or try sublingual oils etc.

• Winner

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Here is a good info read for CBD facts. There are a lot of shoddy products out in the marketplace.
Why CBD Oil Potency Matters and 5 of the Strongest CBD Oils
Aside from there being a lot of shoddy products out there, the biggest problem with CBD is that, as the article you linked also correctly points out, its potency heavily depends on both its dosage/strength and the so-called "entourage effect". Typically, the entourage effect relies on the presence of a whole plethora of terpenes, several ones of which have not yet been studied enough to be able to get a handle on the potential risks that they may cause in the long term. So the "whole plant" type philosophy that you often run across, doesn't necessarily mean it's safe (or safe enough for it to be recommended, responsibly). To which I'll also add that CBD binds to the CB1 and CB2 receptors only indirectly so, as a direct result from that, for many (or most) people in fact its potency tends to either be fairly limited or be downright inadequate (if not completely nonexistent...), problematic especially when also considering the high cost factor associated with using relatively large quantities of high strength CBD. Therefore, even if we can assume they know their stuff about quality, a lot of people tend to skimp on CBD as far as the purity (and safety) is concerned, just in order to save money.

That said, I stopped using CBD entirely. BCP, or beta-caryophyllene binds to the CB2 receptor directly, and, ever since I started using doTERRA Copaifera (copaiba) essential oil internally, I haven't looked back.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Aside from there being a lot of shoddy products out there, the biggest problem with CBD is that, as the article you linked also correctly points out, its potency heavily depends on both its dosage/strength and the so-called "entourage effect". Typically, the entourage effect relies on the presence of a whole plethora of terpenes, several ones of which have not yet been studied enough to be able to get a handle on the potential risks that they may cause in the long term. So the "whole plant" type philosophy that you often run across, doesn't necessarily mean it's safe (or safe enough for it to be recommended, responsibly). To which I'll also add that CBD binds to the CB1 and CB2 receptors only indirectly so, as a direct result from that, for many (or most) people in fact its potency tends to either be fairly limited or be downright inadequate (if not completely nonexistent...), problematic especially when also considering the high cost factor associated with using relatively large quantities of high strength CBD. Therefore, even if we can assume they know their stuff about quality, a lot of people tend to skimp on CBD as far as the purity (and safety) is concerned, just in order to save money.

That said, I stopped using CBD entirely. BCP, or beta-caryophyllene binds to the CB2 receptor directly, and, ever since I started using doTERRA Copaifera (copaiba) essential oil internally, I haven't looked back.

Do you use copaiba for pain or something other? Is there a vapable form of copaiba?

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Do you use copaiba for pain or something other? Is there a vapable form of copaiba?
For pain, inflammation, exhausting tension and other potentially stress-related symptoms such as insomnia, chronical (or quasi chronical) fatigue or basic lack of vital energy, mild forms of anxiety, a general feeling of discomfort and not being able to focus for very long, wandering thoughts or racing thoughts, feeling worn out within few minutes after standing up, just wanting to lie back down again the entire time to rest, feeling mostly like the zombie type of road pizza. I also found out through personal experience that, when diluted with fractionated coconut oil (also commonly referred to as "MCT oil") for topical use, it actually even also heals up scar tissue rather surprisingly fast, and does so very nicely if you apply it around the scar, not onto the scar. (The scars I had were caused by leaving an itchy rash untreated, scratching it instead for several months.)

AFAIK there is no vapable form of copaiba because, the effect from dropping just a single drop of copaiba essential oil by doTERRA under my tongue kicks in about equally as fast as the effect from vaping CBD e-juice. But the effectiveness of copaiba is a lot stronger and a lot longer-lasting compared to high-potency broad-spectrum CBD sublingual tincture, at least for me. I'm using just one drop of copaiba essential oil per day. That is, versus using two times eight drops of lab-tested 1000mg/30ml broad-spectrum CBD sublingual tincture plus vaping on CBD e-juice. So I guess in my case it's fair to say the potency of CBD simply paled in comparison. I used to really think essential oils are for girls who like to smell organic perfumes and for people who believe in esoterics, shamans and voodoo, who easily fall victim to quackery and snake oil. My doc said I need to stop using copaiba because the long-term effects haven't been studied enough. I told him "OK", but what I didn't tell him is the fact I'll gladly take the risk because BCP actually is listed under Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS), and has been that for quite some time. lol

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
For pain, inflammation, exhausting tension and other potentially stress-related symptoms such as insomnia, chronical (or quasi chronical) fatigue or basic lack of vital energy, mild forms of anxiety, a general feeling of discomfort and not being able to focus for very long, wandering thoughts or racing thoughts, feeling worn out within few minutes after standing up, just wanting to lie back down again the entire time to rest, feeling mostly like the zombie type of road pizza. I also found out through personal experience that, when diluted with fractionated coconut oil (also commonly referred to as "MCT oil") for topical use, it actually even also heals up scar tissue rather surprisingly fast, and does so very nicely if you apply it around the scar, not onto the scar. (The scars I had were caused by leaving an itchy rash untreated, scratching it instead for several months.)

AFAIK there is no vapable form of copaiba because, the effect from dropping just a single drop of copaiba essential oil by doTERRA under my tongue kicks in about equally as fast as the effect from vaping CBD e-juice. But the effectiveness of copaiba is a lot stronger and a lot longer-lasting compared to high-potency broad-spectrum CBD sublingual tincture, at least for me. I'm using just one drop of copaiba essential oil per day. That is, versus using two times eight drops of lab-tested 1000mg/30ml broad-spectrum CBD sublingual tincture plus vaping on CBD e-juice. So I guess in my case it's fair to say the potency of CBD simply paled in comparison. I used to really think essential oils are for girls who like to smell organic perfumes and for people who believe in esoterics, shamans and voodoo, who easily fall victim to quackery and snake oil. My doc said I need to stop using copaiba because the long-term effects haven't been studied enough. I told him "OK", but what I didn't tell him is the fact I'll gladly take the risk because BCP actually is listed under Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS), and has been that for quite some time. lol

lol...seems like a treatment for the effects of aging.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
lol...seems like a treatment for the effects of aging.
I guess you could say the same thing about vaping, as smoking cigarettes also causes accelerated aging effects. I'm 46 now, but some of these symptoms had already started during my early childhood a full decade before I had become a smoker.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I've backed off of vaping CBD for the most part. I mixed my own from 99% (whatever) isolate. Mild heat and full VG. When mixed, it is in essence a suspension. One can observe not 'particles' but rather slight light distortions in the liquid, but no separation or color.

After a while sitting in a bottle I began to notice some collection of material on the inside of my bottle above the liquid line. It may have had a very slight blush color. In reading I found that the base constituency of CBD is not water soluble, but more along the lines of an oil. I had known that, but ignored it until I found material collecting on that inside of the bottle (poly).

Since I really wasn't needing it, I decided to set it aside, though take a few puffs every once in a while.

Your knowledge, understanding and experience may vary.

PS I just checked the 60ml bottle I had deposited the contents in maybe 8 weeks ago. I'm seeing the beginnings of the material collecting near (below) the liquid level. Similar coloration as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread