Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Dewine is investigating into the details of to do a ban. Ohio vapers have a rally planned for this Tuesday at 11am at the Columbus courthhouse by Ohio Vapor Trade Association. Over 250 planning to attend. I'm going.

Godspeed! :nun:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
That’s the thing, there is no one behind Dank Vapes that can be convicted. It is packaging, not a brand. An empty box! You buy a printed package, you use your choice of cart, you use your choice of liquid. Can be legal or illegal.
Yeah, I realize that there isn't a website and a CEO and COO etc... but there are still human beings who print the packages, buy the empty carts on Ebay and Alibaba, and cut the THC with Vitamin E Acetate, and whatever else. These things just don't happen without human involvement. People like these two brothers:

Vaping Bad: Were 2 Wisconsin Brothers the Walter Whites of THC Oils?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I realize that there isn't a website and a CEO and COO etc... but there are still human beings who print the packages, buy the empty carts on Ebay and Alibaba, and cut the THC with Vitamin E Acetate, and whatever else. These things just don't happen without human involvement. People like these two brothers:

Vaping Bad: Were 2 Wisconsin Brothers the Walter Whites of THC Oils?

There dozens of printers printing Dank Vapes boxes. It is not illegal to print a box. I could create Punk Vapes, print a bunch of boxes and have pictures of my cat along with catchy phrases such as Chronic Catnip, Smokey Bacon, or Lemon Chicken. How these boxes are used is out of my reach even if my intention was to have them used for promoting THC.

Dank Vapes is not cutting product with Vit E Acetate – dealers are cutting THC product with Vit E and using the fictional branding of Dank Vapes to promote it as a legit product.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
There dozens of printers printing Dank Vapes boxes. It is not illegal to print a box. I could create Punk Vapes, print a bunch of boxes and have pictures of my cat along with catchy phrases such as Chronic Catnip, Smokey Bacon, or Lemon Chicken. How these boxes are used is out of my reach even if my intention was to have them used for promoting THC.

Dank Vapes is not cutting product with Vit E Acetate – dealers are cutting THC product with Vit E and using the fictional branding of Dank Vapes to promote it as a legit product.
That's who I'm talking about; the dealers. Not the print shops. I thought that was obvious. :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Well, they are already in the slammer.

Wisconsin brothers charged with operating counterfeit vaping cartridge operation

More to follow, I'm sure. It may not be illegal to print a box, but it's illegal to kill people. We got Al Capone on tax fraud. Those guys are not Al Capone.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I'm sure this is repetitive information for some of you but the companies that made the thickeners used by the drug dealers are under scrutiny as well.

"In a statement, he confirmed that three companies that sell thickening agents containing vitamin E acetate had been served with subpoenas ordering them to assist with the FDA investigation."

Three Companies Subpoenaed in Weed Vape Illness Investigation

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Well, they are already in the slammer.

Wisconsin brothers charged with operating counterfeit vaping cartridge operation

More to follow, I'm sure. It may not be illegal to print a box, but it's illegal to kill people. We got Al Capone on tax fraud. Those guys are not Al Capone.

Will not get an argument over the legalities of killing people. But those Wisconsin brothers did not print the boxes, nor did they make the cartridges. They may have cut the product, they may have filled the cartridges, they certainly sold the goods which is illegal. And if what they sold killed someone, then they are on the hook for manslaughter or murder charges (how ever the law works in that region).

The box is a fictional brand. Dank Vapes does not exist, therefore no one behind the brand can be convicted.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    But those Wisconsin brothers did not print the boxes, nor did they make the cartridges.

From the article:

"Tyler T. Huffhines, 20, and Jacob D. Huffhines, 23, of Paddock Lake, face numerous charges including possession of THC with the intent to deliver, maintaining a drug trafficking place, identity theft, possession of a firearm by a felon and ....... possession."

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    From the article:

"Tyler T. Huffhines, 20, and Jacob D. Huffhines, 23, of Paddock Lake, face numerous charges including possession of THC with the intent to deliver, maintaining a drug trafficking place, identity theft, possession of a firearm by a felon and ....... possession."

Yes, I read the article and understand it fully. Brothers are convicted of distributing illegal THC vape cartridges. But they are not connected to Dank Vapes cause Dank Vapes does not exist as a brand.

Someone posted they would like to see Dank Vapes convicted – it’s impossible. Dank Vapes is nothing more than an internet phenomenon… a catchy phrase that caught on and lead to promoting product. An Instagram meme. It is just a fictional name within the cannabis culture and it is used world wide in both legal and illegal markets. There is a Wiki page of thousands of cannabis catch phrases and names. Dank is just one among the many.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The CDC was deliberately foot dragging to scare people. That emboldened the governors. May be CDC is realizing their tactic may backfire, cost them credibility (big time). When the shops go to court asking for an injunction they can say the threat has now been identified so no need for the blanket bans. I expect another argument will be that denying vape products to adults will harm far more people than it will help children pending more evidence and a fair hearing.

The credibility of the governors will crash and burn if injunctions are granted. Pray for divine interventions and competent lawyering.
    I don’t know how the CDC works. There are a lot of people that work there though. Someone was foot dragging and conflating. The question is whom and why.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I don’t know how the CDC works. There are a lot of people that work there though. Someone was foot dragging and conflating. The question is whom and why.
    I'm sure every public statement was filtered through a number of people. My problem with all these entities allegedly looking out for your health are driven by ideology first and safety second and I think the affliction runs so deep they can't see it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I don't understand... I'm absolutely baffled, seriously. I'm just trying to figure it out, not to argue, promise.

So what is this: Products Archive - DANK VAPES

‘Dank Vapes’ Among Black Market Brands Linked To Vaping Illnesses, Officials Say
    The way I am understanding things is “dank vapes” is a fake brand. No one owns the term. It looks and sounds like a trademark, but in reality it isn’t.

Anyone can buy professional looking boxes with”dank vapes” printed on them, put literally anything at all in them and sell them. Dank vapes is a shanzhai brand.

There apparently were some particularly stupid legal sellers that actually used “dank vapes” packaging for products in their stores according to an earlier thread. It seems convincing enough that some law enforcement also apparently think it’s a company.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    I don't understand... I'm absolutely baffled, seriously. I'm just trying to figure it out, not to argue, promise.

So what is this: Products Archive - DANK VAPES

‘Dank Vapes’ Among Black Market Brands Linked To Vaping Illnesses, Officials Say

The cannabis culture does not beat to the same drum as say vaping like you and I vape nicotine e-juice. They create names, memes, catch phrases to describe many things such as strains of product, product itself or just how they are feeling. Dank went from being known as moldy, poor quality product of the 70’s and 80’s to being known as excellent, high quality. Dank Vapes as a subculture slang, or meme caught on and became a culture sensation. People now use this slang, or meme to promote their product and it is done legally and illegally world wide. I can walk to the local medical dispensary and legally purchase lab tested Dank Vapes.

What you linked is just someone trying to cash in on the Dank Vapes phenomenon. There maybe someone behind that website, but they are not Dank Vapes.

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The cannabis culture does not beat to the same drum as say vaping like you and I vape nicotine e-juice. They create names, memes, catch phrases to describe many things such as strains of product, product itself or just how they are feeling. Dank went from being known as moldy, poor quality product of the 70’s and 80’s to being known as excellent, high quality. Dank Vapes as a subculture slang, or meme caught on and became a culture sensation. People now use this slang, or meme to promote their product and it is done legally and illegally world wide. I can walk to the local medical dispensary and legally purchase lab tested Dank Vapes.

What you linked is just someone trying to cash in on the Dank Vapes phenomenon. There maybe someone behind that website, but they are not Dank Vapes.
    Sounds like that sort of stuff is going to get some controls right quick now that legality and respectability has hit. “Moonshine” is a legally defined term now: its unaged whiskey. Whiskey didn’t used to be a legal term either once upon a time.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Oh dear... I need to get out more, I guess. I don't understand any of this. Where I come from, you other exist or you don't. ;)

It is confusing. But good to know that there have been convictions, especially in the numbers those Wisconsin brothers were dealing with.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Sounds like that sort of stuff is going to get some controls right quick now that legality and respectability has hit. “Moonshine” is a legally defined term now: its unaged whiskey. Whiskey didn’t used to be a legal term either once upon a time.

I have no idea. Like I said, they beat to a different drum be it legal or illegal. Dank may take on a whole different meaning due to all of this. Dank = oily (just my silly guess)

Reactions: bombastinator

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I'm sure every public statement was filtered through a number of people. My problem with all these entities allegedly looking out for your health are driven by ideology first and safety second and I think the affliction runs so deep they can't see it.

I hate to admit it, but I do agree with you. I'm so disappointed in the CDC and the rest of the alphabet soup organizations that are supposed to protect public health.

It's one thing to be generally "against tobacco or tobacco harm," or whatever they call it. But this is different. People were (and still are) actually dying and/or getting terribly sick while those ...... kept muddying the waters by conflating (intentionally or not, makes no difference) vaping nicotine eliquids with vaping illicit THC cartridges. CDC should have issued a public warning from day one--before they knew "everything." You don't have to "understand everything" to issue a warning--they understood enough.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Oh dear... I need to get out more, I guess. I don't understand any of this. Where I come from, you other exist or you don't. ;)
    Does Darth Vader exist or not? He’s a fictional character but try printing some Darth Vader T shirts and sell them and see what Disney does.

This is sort of the exact opposite of Darth Vader.

Reactions: Katya
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread