• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ce-4, wicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Pardon my noobish-ness :confused::confused:, I have an ego-t (knock-off) and it came attached with a Ce-4 Clearomizer, I noticed that there's what I suppose a wick in the tank and have been wondering if they're replaceable?

Did a search and the answers I've gotten are kind of iffy (some say can, some say it can't), my worries now is if they aren't replaceable, would that mean I'll have to purchase a new one altogether? I hope not, my purchase was already pretty sketchy and would prefer not to go through it again, and hope there's a way to pry it open.

Any pros here with advice?

Much appreciated if there is :thumbup::thumbup:
Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
If the band around the bottom is smooth, it's not replaceable, if it's knurled, it is. I suggest these:
Smok Tech Redux
and these:
Replacement heads for Smok Tech Redux

You have to make sure both come from the same manufacturer or they won't fit, I haven't had any problems with anything I used from smok Tech, it's always been top notch.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
CE4 are non serviceable, you CAN wash them out...but once they burn..you chuck em and start over

CE4S and higher are (note the knurled bottom)

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004692/1347800
1347800-3.jpg

Replacement heads
$4.47 Latest CE4 / CE4S / CE6 / CE7 / Vivi Nova Atomizer Coil Head (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$1.37 Ego CE4+ Atomizer Heating Core at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I also recommend you hop on over to the library, 6 part intro to personal vapers, head, this and that's...definitely help answer alot of questions! (read the stickies)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/

Last edited:

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
If the band around the bottom is smooth, it's not replaceable, if it's knurled, it is. I suggest these:
Smok Tech Redux
and these:
Replacement heads for Smok Tech Redux

You have to make sure both come from the same manufacturer or they won't fit, I haven't had any problems with anything I used from Smok Tech, it's always been top notch.

They look good!, ah, what a bummer, looks like I have to source for these now, or get a bigger tank, thanks druid! Much appreciated!

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
CE4 are non serviceable, you CAN wash them out...but once they burn..you chuck em and start over

CE4S and higher are (note the knurled bottom)

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004692/1347800
1347800-3.jpg

Replacement heads
$4.47 Latest CE4 / CE4S / CE6 / CE7 / Vivi Nova Atomizer Coil Head (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$1.37 Ego CE4+ Atomizer Heating Core at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I also recommend you hop on over to the library, 6 part intro to personal vapers, head, this and that's...definitely help answer alot of questions! (read the stickies)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/

Oops, didn't think to head there, damn, what a waste, now I've got to find someone out there to sell me one or three, thanks hawk! Much appreciated!

knightx

Apr 16, 2013
home
Hi, I just started vaping a few days ago with the Ego-T starter kit that came with the Ce-4.

However I find that I always get that burnt taste after a few puffs :(

Should I change the clearomiser? Any better recommendations that will work with the ego-T battery?

Thanks for the assistance

IMO ce4s are a pain in the .... You CAN actually rebuild it yourself even though its not made to do so. I tried it before and it worked. Just purchase some coils and silica wick, then pry it open with some pliers. There's a video on YouTube that helped me with it. Just search how to rebuild the stardust clearomizer. Good luck.

flier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
my home
IMO ce4s are a pain in the .... You CAN actually rebuild it yourself even though its not made to do so. I tried it before and it worked. Just purchase some coils and silica wick, then pry it open with some pliers. There's a video on YouTube that helped me with it. Just search how to rebuild the stardust clearomizer. Good luck.

I just ordered the vivi nova core 2.0, hope it works better

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Another solution is to back off the drip tip about 1/2 a turn or so (you can take an exacto or some scissors and trim just about 1/4 mm off the bottom too, but if you trim too much it could cause it to leak), sometimes it pushes down too hard on the rubber topper choking the wicking capabilities of the wick resulting in "burnt or dry hits" also vaping technique plays ALOT in the functioning of the CE4's (gotta tug on em pretty hard sometimes)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So far, after two months of vaping, I've cast aside my CE5 after finding it terrible. Firstly, its prone to leaking. Secondly, Unlike Vivi Nova, it does not have a separate adapter on top. This result in poor sealing. Iits screw on drip tip is also not easily available, whereas the Nova uses a universal drip tip which is compatible with nearly all other atomizers . The CE tip also often misaligned with the coil silicone cap, in fact , you can manually shift the centre stem left right after screw on by just grabbing the bottom screw cap(!), which is unacceptable. This creates very inconsistent vaping results, making you very pekchek.

Comparing to the Clearomizer tanks I'm having now namely; Smoketech 2.5ml (2.0ml marking) and Vision's Vivi Nova 3.5ml (2.8) & 2.5 ml(2.0):

Taste wise, I find the Vision Vivi Nova 2.5ml gives the best flavour with same ohm/awg rebuild(~1.8ohm), not sure why, could be due to its long wick and air/hole combi. The Smoketech Vivi Nova 2.5ml on the other hand gives a more airy draw with less flavour and it has a very unique suction (wheezing) sound, LOL.

I find the Vision 3.5ml on the other hand, has too small air holes. To improve intake, you don't have to follow the full mods on youtube, just strip out the centre post(push down).

Next, attack the two airholes on centre post and two on bottom screw. Becuz its made of brass(I think), its soft metal can be enlarge very easily using a small sharp sewing stainless scissors, just twist left right, all filings will drop out within 1 min (increase by ~0.5mm), clean it, bingo and note the difference.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For a start, dump the CE tank and get a Vivi Nova, a well-proven Clearomiser, before you try other more fancy tanks.

I remember surfing a online site that indicates Rebuildable Coil heads for Clearomisers typically last about 3 weeks, before it gives undesirable taste. This is also generally about the same as feedback in forums.

When you learn how to re-build it (many videos in youtube), then you will know why when you see the carbon build up.

Of course, how it last will depend on the resistance/coil material/diamter, wattage/voltage, type of e-liquids used, usage patterns and maintenance (cleaning the wicks, dry burn etc.)

There's a method shown on youtube which can greatly prolong your wick/coil head for those giamjisai type, I think this method can make you wick last up to months? (provided the coil is not melted,broken) but it will make the wick shorter and shorter, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread