CE2, CE3, Fluxomizer and Vision Extreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The CE2 Clearo is my fav carto by far, never tried the others but I've heard some good things about the Vision and not so good things about the CE3.

I like the CE2 for the durability and taste. They are easy to clean and keep on going but they have haters as well. The only thing I can suggest is try them. They do vape a little warmer than most others at the same ohm rating due to the coil being on top so you might want to keep that in mind.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
The new Visions are the best working CE2 type setups yet; now the Vision tank is out and getting mixed reviews. I love both clearomizers and the Visions. Never saw good reviews on the CE3, so didn't try them. The only CE2's worth it are the new ones with the unbreakable tubing; the others are OK, but you have to mod them due to the flimsy plastic tube. Also, the Visions fill very easily directly from the bottle.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
All I use is CE2's in clear and metal tubes..I even modified/rebuilt some old ones to use as dripping atomizers Carmel Tobacco as it kills atomizers it's so thick..but CE2's stand up to it. The have there ups and downs though sometimes leak (I think all carts/atomizers have there leaking issues) but until I hear of something way better that costs about the same CE2's are what I will use.

I just read that CE3's might have a defect that could kill batteries so I'll stay away from them for now..I wasn't really sure on them in the 1st place..Visions look cool but seem to be too costly..1 vision costs almost as much as a 5 pack of CE2's...

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
The ce2's do require a little modding. I remove the teflon cap over the atomizer and cut the wick notchs 3 times larger so that it wicks better and replace it. I use a papper clip with a hook on it to pull the teflon cap out.

So you cut out the plastic area where the little indentations are where the wick goes in? Do you just cut em with scissors or??

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
I've used them all and the Vision is easily the best carto. They dont leak, don't spit out hot juice on your tongue, they are very quick and easy to refill straight from the bottle (just slide the mouth piece off and pour), they perform great, good flavor and vapor, can last months if clear juice is used, the plastic is extremely strong, and the airflow is adjustable.

The only problems I've faced are:
- The largest size (3.5ml) tends to flood the coil intermittently, the smaller sizes are fine.
- The mouth piece is a bit too big in my opinion but you can cut 5mm's off using pliers if needed.
- The wires can stretch and break if you turn the airflow threading too much so you need to watch the wires when adjusting.
- The inner silicon seal needs to be adjusted out of the box so the small notches are flush with the wick, otherwise they limit the juice flow.

But even with those four issues, they still surpass the CEx, Gx, and other carto's. They are a bit pricy but I think it's worth it, it's a quality carto that has been designed, redesigned, and polished well, and continue to improve all the time.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
The ce2's do require a little modding. I remove the teflon cap over the atomizer and cut the wick notchs 3 times larger so that it wicks better and replace it. I use a papper clip with a hook on it to pull the teflon cap out.

I haven't had to do that with mine. I do take them apart for cleaning but I slide the Teflon cap in from the bottom on the ceramic making sure to line the notches up with the wicks when reinstalling them..I put a bit of e-juice (unflavored or the flavor I'm going to use) on the cap so it slides in easy. I believe that is the right way to install those caps. CE2's clean up really nice almost new like..I have some I've been using for 3 months or more.

The metal tubed CE2's are easier to do this with though as the plastic tubes tend to crack with removal sometimes..you can get the metal tubes off by putting the CE2 on a eGo battery removing the O ring and wiggling it side to side until it comes loose..carefully removing the bottom because sometimes the Teflon cap gets stuck and holds the ceramic and can pull the wires out..if that happens I use the syringe plunger to push the Teflon cup out while removing the coil.

I repair the clear ones with 3ml syringes I get at CVS though. I think sometimes the cap pinches the wicks a bit but just pressing down on the cap (I use a plunger leftover from 3ml syringes with the rubber seal removed to do that) in the center can push the sides out a little. The way CE2's work are worth the extra effort I give them and when they are working really good you can fill them 4 or 5 times until they need to be cleaned and burned off...

Last edited:

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Good, glad to hear some good reviews. Someone was raving about the CE3, and I just didn't like it. The plastic taste probably would have worn off, but pulling that little, tiny plug out to fill it every time gets annoying after awhile. I also heard they kill batteries, so my first impression of a clearo wasn't too good.

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
I wasn't very impressed with the CE3's either, they had a strange plastic taste (the factory should really wash them properly) and just didn't perform very well.
The Vision's have no funky taste at all and come pre-washed and pre-juiced with a bit of flavorless PG. Additionally, the vapor is warm so the flavor is decent.

The metal CE2's are ok but they are a pain to refill and they tend to pop hot juice into your mouth.

Last edited:

myxomatosis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
KC
www.facebook.com
CE2's changed my vaping experience completely, but they differ from vendor to vendor I've noticed. A poorly designed CE2 can turn someone off of them easily, which would probably explain the mixed reviews. The one's I'm using are from a Kingo kit I got from Hong Kong. They're perfect. No leaking, durable, these things last forever. They put GotVapes FLüXOMIZERs to shame.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
So you cut out the plastic area where the little indentations are where the wick goes in? Do you just cut em with scissors or??

Yes you'd use scissors to widen the gasket around the wick area on both sides, just shoot for a /\ shape cut, doesn't have to be perfect. Or you can just pull the gasket up a little bit, there's plenty of room around the cup to keep it sealed and give it more room to wick by pulling the gasket up just a little, either way works. If you use the scissor method keep the gasket for your next CE2, that way you won't have to keep cutting them.

On a new CE2 be careful pulling the gasket the first time because some seem almost stuck to the tube when new. Just go around the bottom of the gasket with a hook and work it gently, it'll come. After you pull it once it's easy to replace and remove for cleaning.

Last edited:

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
how do they work on 5 volts+?

I use 3.0 ohm on 5 volts exclusively. Love regular Royal Smoker or Bauway brand CE2's and GotVapes Vision Extremes. I tried the Fluxomiser brand in XL size and wasn't impressed. I find they don't wick as good as they should. I'll probably buy some regular size Fluxomizers to try because frankly, CE2's are drying up. The regular sizes are next to impossible to find in Royal Smoker or Bauway. The Vision Extremes have no wicking problems. I just had one Vision Extreme die on me after two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread