CE2 Fluxomizer Conversion kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
I make my own juice, 60PG/40VG, sometimes 70/30. For me anyway, the ideal set up is to use the conversion nipple, installed by removing the tube, placing it over the cup, and sliding the tube back on; and using a delryn drip tip.

yes, the delrin drip tip is the only thing I haven't tried yet, plus I'm using like 95/5 juice now, figured that would wick better, so I might try adding more vg to the next batch.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
i haven't tried a new drip tip yet as honestly I don't think its worth it when the visions work with no hassles.

If you prefer Visions, great.

But, like I mentioned before, I got condensation in my mouth with the plug, or the tip, that comes free with the Fluxes. I got nothing, ever, with a drip tip. And I've also vaped practically upside-down on occasion. :)

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
If you prefer Visions, great.

But, like I mentioned before, I got condensation in my mouth with the plug, or the tip, that comes free with the Fluxes. I got nothing, ever, with a drip tip. And I've also vaped practically upside-down on occasion. :)

well i ordered a giant vision and drip tip, sale was too good to pass up so we will see what happens.

i reverted back to standard cup seal and standard flat piece on the end, that is bearable at least, but still the juice puddles up on top of the cup fairly fast, but at least i can vape for a bit and not be sucking juice. still wish they could just make these like the old ones that worked, i used those for months and months without issue.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
got the drip tip today. its better, not perfect and not as good as the old ce2's, but at least as decent as the normal cup seal and flat rubber tip, i'm not drinking juice and I have the added benefit of being able to use the conversion kit rubber cups without putting any other seals in so its easy enough to fill. seems like at least a decent solution for the meanwhile.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
question for people using the delrin drip tip with the fluxomizer conversion seal, with the tip on, if you tip it upside down and shake, does it leak? mine does and I'm assuming others people do as well, if I hold it upside down it doesn't leak so i guess it should be fine, just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Back in my smoking days I knew if I were to take my pack of smokes and grab it in both hand and twist as hard as I could I would need to buy another pack.

Unless your part of a circus act that would require you to flop around upside down while vapping why would this matter?

Sorry to be an ... but come on dude.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
umm, I carry them in my pockets and frequently they end up moving around in there and end up upside down??

Back in my smoking days I knew if I were to take my pack of smokes and grab it in both hand and twist as hard as I could I would need to buy another pack.

Unless your part of a circus act that would require you to flop around upside down while vapping why would this matter?

Sorry to be an ... but come on dude.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
question for people using the delrin drip tip with the fluxomizer conversion seal, with the tip on, if you tip it upside down and shake, does it leak? mine does and I'm assuming others people do as well, if I hold it upside down it doesn't leak so i guess it should be fine, just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. These things are not engineered to a micron precision, after all. :) Whether it leaks at all or not depends on how it's sitting on a cup - whether it's possible for the liquid to flood into the cup itself through the wick slots, and the distance between the top of the cup and the bottom of the drip tip. There is a "sweet spot" in there somewhere, sometimes you hit it, and sometimes you don't.

I generally don't end up in a position where my PV is upside down and shaking, though, unless I'm experimenting, so this extreme situation is less of a concern to me than what could possibly cause me to be in that unnatural position in the first place. :D

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
umm, I carry them in my pockets and frequently they end up moving around in there and end up upside down??

To be honestly blunt (though hopefully not offensive), common sense suggests that anything filled with liquid should be carried in such a way as to stay the right side up unless there is a dire set of circumstances present.

I honestly wouldn't trust any CE2 or similar design flopping around loosely in my pocket. From what I hear, folks who do that often end up with wet pockets. :)

Being female, I'm used to carrying such things as, say, perfume bottles, the spillage of which is much, much worse than e-juice, because it tends to drive anyone within ten feet of you to running away and screaming (picture skunk).

You carry such things in a pocketbook in a zipped up compartment (preferably a moderately liquid-resistant one), and generally leave your pocketbook in a more or less upright position. If it's flopping around in the main part, you are asking for wet wallets and screaming bus neighbors.

For a PV one can use a whole number of things - a lanyard, a case in a pocketbook, a small breast pocket, a pouch on a belt clip, etc. Pants pocket is just asking for trouble.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas

Using the chrome pawn I can flip it, shake it whatever, and it really doesn't leak for me. But that is with the steel fluxos, haven't tried to scale it with the clearos. I didn't really mean to shake the one I did, but I was ranting at my husband and my pv happened to be in my hand...s.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
i've carried the things in my pockets for 2 years. regular ce2s have never leaked, I guess it should be okay, its not going to shake in the pocket and when flipped upside down, at worst a drop gets through so I guess its as good as it gets at this point.

To be honestly blunt (though hopefully not offensive), common sense suggests that anything filled with liquid should be carried in such a way as to stay the right side up unless there is a dire set of circumstances present.

I honestly wouldn't trust any CE2 or similar design flopping around loosely in my pocket. From what I hear, folks who do that often end up with wet pockets. :)

Being female, I'm used to carrying such things as, say, perfume bottles, the spillage of which is much, much worse than e-juice, because it tends to drive anyone within ten feet of you to running away and screaming (picture skunk).

You carry such things in a pocketbook in a zipped up compartment (preferably a moderately liquid-resistant one), and generally leave your pocketbook in a more or less upright position. If it's flopping around in the main part, you are asking for wet wallets and screaming bus neighbors.

For a PV one can use a whole number of things - a lanyard, a case in a pocketbook, a small breast pocket, a pouch on a belt clip, etc. Pants pocket is just asking for trouble.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
i've carried the things in my pockets for 2 years. regular ce2s have never leaked, I guess it should be okay, its not going to shake in the pocket and when flipped upside down, at worst a drop gets through so I guess its as good as it gets at this point.

You are braver than I am. I'd be afraid I'd sit on it by accident or something... Then, again, I tend towards paranoia. :D

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
its in my front pocket, so no issue with sitting on it, not sure how you sit...:)

I slid in the fill stem from the sapphires, the part that goes over the top of the bottle, so that goes in the bottom of the drip tip and then that goes over the nipple so its sealed now, no leaks, however I think condensation will build up in the tip now. eitherway, best I have gotten it and now its at least usable :)

however do I buy a bunch more drip tips, that is the decision. I'm going to try and get some teflon tape and see if I can make the conversion tips work and see how that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread