CE2 Fluxomizer Conversion kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnee

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Minneapolis
skinneelabs.com
What is it you are doing in your avatar?
Overclocking, cooling the CPU's and GPU's (I think we had the NB blocked up too) with Liquid Nitrogen (that's the huge plumes of vapor). We were smashing some world records when that photo was taken.

LN2 boils at -320C, the vapor clouds can easily fill a room. Used to be difficult lighting an analog with so much nitro in the air. vaping is far easier when using LN2. :)

Last edited:

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
so i noticed from taking the rubber tip thing out of my unopened pack of new fluxomizers that it seems the design has changed slightly, they are now a bit thicker and seem to seal perfectly against the cup piece in the kit. they still aren't perfect though because they seem to be too small an let juice get stuck in there. the old rubber tip things are a little too thin and leak.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
OK, here you go:

Yes, made out of plastic. For the vase-shaped one, the bottom part that goes inside the Flux tube is 5 mm. The thickness of the edge on the bottom is 2.5 mm.

No, they don't reach all the way down to the top of the cup seal. However, the nipple fits inside the opening pretty well. It's not air-tight by any means, but it's close enough that surface tension should prevent any leaks. It does for me, at any rate. I can't guarantee it won't every leak if you turn it upside down and shake though.

You know, you could cut down the tube a bit, so that the bottom of the tip does reach the seal. Again, it won't be air-tight, but it will definitely prevent any leaks. Between that and the nipple you should be fairly well set that way.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
thanks appreciate that, if they don't reach down to the bottom, how are they not going to leak? with the rubber ones, they reach down to the cup seal, and are wide enough to block the fill holes, that works pretty well, except i'm sucking juice all the time, probably could alleviate that possibly if I cut the nipples down or off.

but I don't know what you mean by the surface tension. if it doesn't cover the fill holes, the liquid leaks out the fill holes, are you saying its just going to sit in the drip tip? I know it leaks out the fill holes as twice it leaked in my pocket the same day when I was vaping without the tip and forgot to put it back on. and im not talking a slow leak, i'm talking all out at once leaking.

OK, here you go:

Yes, made out of plastic. For the vase-shaped one, the bottom part that goes inside the Flux tube is 5 mm. The thickness of the edge on the bottom is 2.5 mm.

No, they don't reach all the way down to the top of the cup seal. However, the nipple fits inside the opening pretty well. It's not air-tight by any means, but it's close enough that surface tension should prevent any leaks. It does for me, at any rate. I can't guarantee it won't every leak if you turn it upside down and shake though.

You know, you could cut down the tube a bit, so that the bottom of the tip does reach the seal. Again, it won't be air-tight, but it will definitely prevent any leaks. Between that and the nipple you should be fairly well set that way.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
The liquid sits between the cup seal and the drip tip. This is mostly due to the fact that the cup seal nipple, which goes into the drip tip, fills up the bottom hole of the drip tip. The fit is not air-tight, so you don't have problems with air bubbles and such, but it's tight enough that it shouldn't leak because the surface tension of the liquid will prevent it from moving into the drip tip. With the thicker liquids it's even less of a problem. Unless you shake it, you shouldn't have an issue.

But, like I said, you can make it even safer if you cut down the outer Flux tube so that the drip tip sits on top of the cup seal. That way no liquid gets past the cup seal to begin with - just as the original design with the original tips intended, only better because there is no condensation issue.

thanks appreciate that, if they don't reach down to the bottom, how are they not going to leak? with the rubber ones, they reach down to the cup seal, and are wide enough to block the fill holes, that works pretty well, except i'm sucking juice all the time, probably could alleviate that possibly if I cut the nipples down or off.

but I don't know what you mean by the surface tension. if it doesn't cover the fill holes, the liquid leaks out the fill holes, are you saying its just going to sit in the drip tip? I know it leaks out the fill holes as twice it leaked in my pocket the same day when I was vaping without the tip and forgot to put it back on. and im not talking a slow leak, i'm talking all out at once leaking.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
i kinda get what you are saying. someone else said something about using the fill tips from the saphires to go into the drip tip and then those fit on the nipple. do those fit in these?

honestly i get condensation in the rubber tips, i even get a little juice in the mouth from the visions. i think what might happen with the rubber ones though is I think they probably are making it air tight and thats causing liquid to get sucked up even more.

so the question is, do i go back to 80-20 vg, i was leaning more towards pg almost 100% as I believe that would wick better.

The liquid sits between the cup seal and the drip tip. This is mostly due to the fact that the cup seal nipple, which goes into the drip tip, fills up the bottom hole of the drip tip. The fit is not air-tight, so you don't have problems with air bubbles and such, but it's tight enough that it shouldn't leak because the surface tension of the liquid will prevent it from moving into the drip tip. With the thicker liquids it's even less of a problem. Unless you shake it, you shouldn't have an issue.

But, like I said, you can make it even safer if you cut down the outer Flux tube so that the drip tip sits on top of the cup seal. That way no liquid gets past the cup seal to begin with - just as the original design with the original tips intended, only better because there is no condensation issue.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Drip tips you buy separately are not like the little rubber tips you get with the Fluxes. They work a lot better. You don't normally get juice in the mouth with them. I bet most of your problem at this point are those little rubber tips.

Go to GV site and order yourself a couple of vase-shaped drip tips and see how you like them. That should take care of the juice getting into your mouth problem in Fluxes and in Visions Reg. if you use the "simple mod".

What you are getting in your mouth is condensation. All mouth tips will get some condensation build-up, but the drip tips you buy separately (good ones, at least) are designed in such a way that the condensation rolls back down into the carto, not into your mouth. Unfortunately, the little rubber tips for the Fluxes, and the whistle tips that come with the Visions, don't seem to work that way. Hence condensation in the mouth.

I can't tell you about the Sapphire thing... The Sapphire is one piece, sans the little plug that closes the fill hole, and they are made of hard plastic, so I am not sure how that would work. Maybe the little plug that plugs the Sapphire fill hole might fit into the Visions nipple, but what would be the point? You wouldn't get any air flow that way...

As for VG vs. PG, that would depend on how thick or thin your VG juice is. I'm vaping EcoPure right now, which is 100% VG, and it wicks fine in the Visions Reg. In fact, I never had any problems with wicking in Visions. I normally vape 30% VG or greater.

i kinda get what you are saying. someone else said something about using the fill tips from the saphires to go into the drip tip and then those fit on the nipple. do those fit in these?

honestly i get condensation in the rubber tips, i even get a little juice in the mouth from the visions. i think what might happen with the rubber ones though is I think they probably are making it air tight and thats causing liquid to get sucked up even more.

so the question is, do i go back to 80-20 vg, i was leaning more towards pg almost 100% as I believe that would wick better.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Oh, I see. Well, I'm going to order an 801 drip tip and see how it works - hopefully that will take care of the Visions Reg.

For the sapphire, I'm talking about the fill nipple you put over the top of a bottle to fill them, some one said they put into drip tip and then that fits snugly over the nipple sticking up from the coil

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
did that before i posted, no whistle tips to be found, and i imagine a round tip fat enough to fit in the vision is not going to be that pleasing in round.

I find the 801 round tips nice. But if you want a whistle, buy 1 Echo-E dual coil carto, use it, toss it, and you've got an 801 whistle. If you like a softer tip, the Echo-E single coil is softer than the dual. But then hurry back to GotVapes.

(You might not want to post links to other vendors in GV's forum).

Last edited:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
901 Delrin Drip Tip

Whistle Tip Drip Tips

which one would work best do you think? maybe whistle tips won't be wide enough to stop the condensation issue?

You don't want 901, you want 801 for VR. There are several places that sell whistle drip tips for 801. I think I found, like, five of them on the first three Google pages...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread